Shane Ray works out for Cardinals

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane Ray works out for Cardinals

The Cardinals worked out former Broncos pass rusher Shane Ray, Howard Balzer reports.

Ray played for Cardinals defensive coordinator Vance Joseph in Denver.

The Broncos made Ray the 23rd overall choice in 2015.

Ray, 26, played 49 games with 11 starts in his four seasons in Denver, making 14 sacks. His best season came in 2016 when he made 48 tackles, eight sacks, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.

The Ravens cut him out of the preseason.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
A lot of formal cardinals starting across the NFL - hope Ray finds a role

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we don't put pressure on Ryan, God only knows how many points Atlanta may score on us. This will need to be the game where we perform better in the red zone. If we're settling for FG's, this one could get ugly. Does anyone know what Kirk's status is?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so we let golden walk but then bring in the guy who wasnt doing as well in the nfl as golden even though golden was reasonable pay

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
so we let golden walk but then bring in the guy who wasnt doing as well in the nfl as golden even though golden was reasonable pay
And bring in the wrong backup pass rusher that played under Joseph in Denver. He should've been all over Barrett

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bring in Shane Ray to play on Sunday?
Plays well has big payday.
Vance like, maybe stay.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I read earlier that Deone Buchannon was cut today too. Injuries man, derailing good young players.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I mean, why not? This is a lost season, Suggs can't play every down... and we clearly don't care about dead cap, so bring him in.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Would absolutely take a flyer on him. Suggs had some splash plays for us and is already on pace for 12 sacks, which is amazing at his age. Although you can tell his snap count is too high right now and he gets attacked in the run game. Brooks Reed is awfully slow and clumsy.

Ray had a good start to his career and 8 sacks in his 2nd season. He has 14 in total. Then injuries hit him and in the draft Chubb surprisingly fell to the Broncos.

I absolutely think Ray can help our pass rush rotation. We need Suggs to be fresh for the pivotal downs late in the game. That he had success with Vance Joseph before should help.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ray would be nothing more than a Brooks Reed type production player. And he might not be interested in playing special teams. There is a lot more to consider here.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any lb depth is huge

I really thought ray would be more productive coming out

Haven't watched him play much is any good at covering tes?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose