The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I suspect some teams will be able to make him look ordinary this year and he will look completely unstoppable against others. Maybe Ayton would be the guy to guard him for the Suns. He's the only guy we have that has anywhere near the strength and athleticism combined that would be required.
If Ayton knew how to use his strength and length id agree. But I expect Zion to bully him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still don't get how you can label him "transcendant". He's going to be good, but I think the jury is still out about HOW good. Even at Duke, the competition was far inferior to the NBA. Even the preseason isn't really that close to what real games are like. And playoffs? Forget about it.

I'm not ready to anoint him the new King just yet.
“Seems like the type of transcendent player” - words matter chap. Didn’t do any anointing.

And you can make the same comment about every player in college. I guess we shouldnt hypothesize about the future ever about anything.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
“Seems like the type of transcendent player” - words matter chap. Didn’t do any anointing.

And you can make the same comment about every player in college. I guess we shouldnt hypothesize about the future ever about anything.
Geez, you want to fight? Seriously? You use the word "transcendent" (and don't claim that nobody thinks that about him) and then get upset when you're called on it. And it's not even a fight. YOU decide to make it into a pissing contest. Maybe it's the lawyer in you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Apparently, most of the basketball world has. It appears to be
Zion's to fulfill or not.

I'd be more concerned about his lower torso carrying all that
weight. A great player who is out half of the time . . . is half
a player.
Did you watch him last year? He was largely pretty astonishing. And I was a skeptic going into the season. I thought he was overhyped. He wasn’t. And it wasn’t just bullying people at the rim. His defense with steals and blocks was eye opening as was his ability to see the court and his passing prowess. Is he Lebron? No. But no one else is or has been either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Geez, you want to fight? Seriously? You use the word "transcendent" (and don't claim that nobody thinks that about him) and then get upset when you're called on it. And it's not even a fight. YOU decide to make it into a pissing contest. Maybe it's the lawyer in you.
I’d said “he has no chance of being transcendent” I’ve used the word transcendent too, doesn’t mean I said he was. I said he “seems like the type” by the very meaning of those words it’s me saying I think it might be the case but it certainly does not mean I said he’s transcendent. Or that I “anointed” him in any way. There is a difference. I don’t understand how you can’t comprehend that. That’s you putting words in mouth.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Zion knows how to read the lanes and when to cut, thats what makes him dangerous. He's got a quick first step without the ball and hops to follow.
Yeah it’s not his strength (which is considerable) that makes him special it’s his speed/quickness, hoops acumen, and alarming jumping ability.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’d said “he has no chance of being transcendent” I’ve used the word transcendent too, doesn’t mean I said he was. I said he “seems like the type” by the very meaning of those words it’s me saying I think it might be the case but it certainly does not mean I said he’s transcendent. Or that I “anointed” him in any way. There is a difference. I don’t understand how you can’t comprehend that. That’s you putting words in mouth.
And me saying I'm not ready to label him as transcendent does what? Disagrees with you not saying he's transcendent? You're generating an argument that doesn't exist.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And btw, you didn’t say “I don’t know how anyone can anoint him” you said, “I don’t know how you can anoint him” in a direct reply quoting my post. So you were directly challenging what I (actually didn’t) said.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And me saying I'm not ready to label him as transcendent does what? Disagrees with you not saying he's transcendent? You're generating an argument that doesn't exist.
I’m not commenting on the substance. You can certainly disagree that he you don’t think he’s transcendent. I think you’re right at present. Until he proves it, it’s pure conjecture (like 90% of stuff on a sports board). I took umbrage with your twisting my words. That’s all.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chap,

Maybe an example will help.

You’ve stated that you don’t think Zion is transcendent. What if I twisted that and claimed that you don’t think Zion will be transcendent? You don’t see the differences?

I said he seems like the type, I didn’t say he is. Same thing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap,

Maybe an example will help.

You’ve stated that you don’t think Zion is transcendent. What if I twisted that and claimed that you don’t think Zion will be transcendent? You don’t see the differences?

I said he seems like the type, I didn’t say he is. Same thing.
Screw it. You win. I twisted your words and I probably should have made my original post more generalized instead of directly using the word, "you." So that's my bad.

I just think "seems like the type of transcendent player," is conveniently saying he is, but opens up the argument that you didn't say EXACTLY that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Screw it. You win. I twisted your words and I probably should have made my original post more generalized instead of directly using the word, "you." So that's my bad.

I just think "seems like the type of transcendent player," is conveniently saying he is, but opens up the argument that you didn't say EXACTLY that.
lol. My synopsis of this post:

I’m not going to argue.

Argue argue argue argue.

It’s all good chap.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile the Nets beat the Lakers 114-111 in China

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have more old friends around the league than I can ever remember before.

Yeah and by a long shot. It's a by-product of the incredible turnover we've had the past 5 years.

Looking at the roster from the 14-15 season through this year, we've had 42 different players that were on our roster one season but were no longer with the team at the start of the next season. That's just incredible. This year, for example, we are starting the season with only 6 of the 24 players returning from the previous season. As bad as we were, that's probably a very good decision but still, continuity is a huge plus in this league and once again we are the poster child for roster churning.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yeah and by a long shot. It's a by-product of the incredible turnover we've had the past 5 years.

Looking at the roster from the 14-15 season through this year, we've had 42 different players that were on our roster one season but were no longer with the team at the start of the next season. That's just incredible. This year, for example, we are starting the season with only 6 of the 24 players returning from the previous season. As bad as we were, that's probably a very good decision but still, continuity is a huge plus in this league and once again we are the poster child for roster churning.
That reflects the incompetence of our previous decision makers. Hit and miss. And hope. Over and over.
And relying on gimmicks too numerous to repeat.

Versus a talented management staff. Happily we can finally build for future success professionally.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith just wondering, now that Durant isn't on the Warriors and is talking about kinds of crap, will you still defend the fact that the dude is a great player, but a complete little bitch?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith just wondering, now that Durant isn't on the Warriors and is talking about kinds of crap, will you still defend the fact that the dude is a great player, but a complete little bitch?

I still think he's a great player yes. We'll see after he comes back that's not an easy injury to come back from. I know he's said some stuff here and there but essentially the 2 years he was healthy they won it all, last year he wasn't they lost. So I think it's kind of silly for him to suggest the spread court share the ball offense has issues when clearly when they were healthy, they were the best team. it sounds like his biggest complaint with Kerr last year was Kerr wanted him to shoot MORE in the Clips series which seems like an odd thing to complain about.

I just think he left and felt like he needed to explain why and said what he said.

In the end the years he was with the Warriors were a blast to watch.

It'll be interesting to see this year, I can see Curry challenging for a scoring title because he'll get so many shots until Klay gets back. He had 40 last night in 25 minutes in preseason win over the T Wolves.

if he's talked other crap I haven't seen it just the comment about the spread offense and only working for so long. I didn't agree again they won 2 of 3 and Kerr adjusted when he had to and ran lots of ISO for Durant when he needed to.