Cardinals are signing LB Ramik Wilson

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if he's ST help due to Turner and Gardek being banged up?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am amazed.

Ramik Wilson is not a game changer, but he is an interior linebacker, who has always been an interior linebacker. Not an ex-safety, or DE, or what have you.

Never thought I would see the day.

I reluctantly say, Haasan Reddick is looking better at ILB.

Just waiting for Reddick, Hicks or anyone playing the ILBer position to start making plays. Tackle for a loss, a clean sack, an INT, a forced fumble.......anything.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am amazed.

Ramik Wilson is not a game changer, but he is an interior linebacker, who has always been an interior linebacker. Not an ex-safety, or DE, or what have you.

Just waiting for Reddick, Hicks or anyone playing the ILBer position to start making plays. Tackle for a loss, a clean sack, an INT, a forced fumble.......anything.

FWIW, Reddick made some plays against the bungles. He had key stops on 3rd and 4th down one series.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am amazed.

Reddick literally made a crucial 4th & 1 stop against Cincy....

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I am amazed.

Hicks has 2 forced fumbles and 3 tackles for loss and 4 qb hits and 2 passes defensed. Pretty solid so far.

Reddick has a sack and 3 TFL and 4 passes defensed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hicks has 2 forced fumbles and 3 tackles for loss and 4 qb hits and 2 passes defensed. Pretty solid so far.

Reddick has a sack and 3 TFL and 4 passes defensed.

And we have the worst defense

Rottweiler

Reaction score
straying a bit offtopic with the crowd but the issue with Reddick and Hicks is consistency - they are making some splash plays but when they are not we are getting gashed.

Others seem angry at the bottom of this roster churning - I applaud it, churn till someone sticks.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the dline in a 3-4 defense is meant to occupy blockers allowing linebackers to make plays. hard for any linebacker to make plays when olineman are getting to the second level regularly and our dline is not doing what they need to do.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr Keim

Quality not quantity.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reactions: HGC

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually not, statistically speaking...but that wasn't even the point of my reply/comment.

The point u praised statiscally our starting middle linebackers but aren't they part of the problem of our struggling defense?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
He is a physical thumper in the run game, has lots of starter experience and at 27 shouldn't be washed up yet. Won't solve our issue of covering TEs, that's for sure. But maybe he can substitute for Reddick on run downs. Our DL can't hold the LOS and we need someone at LB who can beat blocks. Reddick gets driven back and out of the play too often for my liking, although you can see that he's made some strides.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is a physical thumper in the run game, has lots of starter experience and at 27 shouldn't be washed up yet. Won't solve our issue of covering TEs, that's for sure. But maybe he can substitute for Reddick on run downs. Our DL can't hold the LOS and we need someone at LB who can beat blocks. Reddick gets driven back and out of the play too often for my liking, although you can see that he's made some strides.

We need a thumper in the worst way. My fear is that when we play the Niners, they'll run for like 350 yards and possess the ball for 45 minutes of the game.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Reddick literally made a crucial 4th & 1 stop against Cincy....
I agree with yours and other's posts in reply to mine.

As I said Reddick is looking better, I hate to say it, but to the point where you have to start thinking about resigning him. :shudder:

YET, he is not a 3 down linebacker, and he still is "learning the position" in year 4.

He is still pretty poor at shedding blocks, which is a surprise since he was a DE. And he misreads too many plays and is way too slow to recover.

The best way to describe Reddick is he would not be a starting LB for the Seahawks, all three of there starters are far better than Reddick.

He is a coverage linebacker right now, a role player being asked to start.

That all being said, he is improving. I made it a point to make a mental note, that in last weeks game, Reddick: read the play, filled the right gap, and made a tackle for a 1yd gain.

Might be the first time I saw him do that clean, but regardless he did it, and well. He builds on that, and he could become a 3 down player and be more effective.

There are also times where Reddick is "just playing football". He is way faster and quicker than he shows on the field a majority of the time. When he is not thinking he looks twice as fast as when he is stuck in his head mid-play. I am starting to really notice it.

Reddick was a VERY disappointing draft pick for me personally, and his very slow progress is painful to watch, but improvement is good to see and I am seeing that on the field. My hope is he doesn't plateau any time soon.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree with yours and other's posts in reply to mine.

As I said Reddick is looking better, I hate to say it, but to the point where you have to start thinking about resigning him. :shudder:

YET, he is not a 3 down linebacker, and he still is "learning the position" in year 4.

He is still pretty poor at shedding blocks, which is a surprise since he was a DE. And he misreads too many plays and is way too slow to recover.

The best way to describe Reddick is he would not be a starting LB for the Seahawks, all three of there starters are far better than Reddick.

He is a coverage linebacker right now, a role player being asked to start.

That all being said, he is improving. I made it a point to make a mental note, that in last weeks game, Reddick: read the play, filled the right gap, and made a tackle for a 1yd gain.

Might be the first time I saw him do that clean, but regardless he did it, and well. He builds on that, and he could become a 3 down player and be more effective.

There are also times where Reddick is "just playing football". He is way faster and quicker than he shows on the field a majority of the time. When he is not thinking he looks twice as fast as when he is stuck in his head mid-play. I am starting to really notice it.

Reddick was a VERY disappointing draft pick for me personally, and his very slow progress is painful to watch, but improvement is good to see and I am seeing that on the field. My hope is he doesn't plateau any time soon.

Where I have reconciled Reddick and Budda Baker is that I think they can be starters on a good defense if they are the 8th to 11th best players on it. If you start at that premise and move forward that their lack of productivity should enable them to be retained at a lesser cost, the idea of these two being long term defensive players is not a terrible one.

1-Chandler Jones
2-Patrick Peterson
3-Byron Murphy
4-Jordan Hicks
5-Corey Peters
6-
7-
8-
9-Budda Baker
10-Haason Reddick
11-Terrell Suggs

Or issue is needing one more top end player, and the middle group. Also, having no legitimate DEs is an issue.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
straying a bit offtopic with the crowd but the issue with Reddick and Hicks is consistency - they are making some splash plays but when they are not we are getting gashed.

Others seem angry at the bottom of this roster churning - I applaud it, churn till someone sticks.
I stil haven't seen an answer to the question: "Why did Cincy run over us on its opening drive, who was responsible and what adjustments were made to stop the bleeding.

Answer may have something to do with our LB play (or not).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose