OT: MNF

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why doesn’t Rosen get this pass around here???

Largely because he was a Cardinal IMO. Mayfield's down about 8% completions, 4 TD's 8 picks in year 2. I think much of it is due to the OL but to be fair he's got 2 VERY good WR's, a talented TE, a good RB. So rookie head coach and bad OL somewhat mitigated with a far better surrounding task than Rosen had last year or this year.

FWIW, the 49ers are saying Mayfield snubbed them in the pregame handshake and it was just another motivational factor last night in the beatdown. I still think he can be a very good QB but they gotta fix that OL and he's got to learn to use the chip on his shoulder in a positive way.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield isn’t close to meeting the preseason hype. Dude is playing at a pedestrian average this season
He made way too many commercials in the off-season...and totally read and bought into the press hype machine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wait. Murray is going to win us a lot of games. We are 1 legit WR from being really good offensively. When we get both CBs back we will be decent on defense. Get another pass rusher and a very good linebacker. and we will be pushing for the playoffs. Murray has completed !! completed more passes in his first 5 games than anyone in the history of football. He has like 5 NFL records now for the first 5 games. If we had a better redzone offense or if we had scored a few more touchdowns in the redzone we could easily be 3-2 right now. And that is without Patrick Peterson. Josh Rosen is awful. He is Matt Lienart at best. Remember he threw for 420 yards against the vikings in 1 game.....and he was out of the league in 3 years. KK is adjusting to the NFL because I believe his system works but has to be tuned a little because of the NFL speed.
There are 2 WRs we could trade for right now but would have to give up a first probably. Diggs and I think Green from Cincy too. I wouldnt trade a first but a 2nd i would. Those 2 would give us 7 more points a game on avg and with PP coming back we could push for a wilcard
Lol kool-aid Post of the month

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He made way too many commercials in the off-season...and totally read and bought into the press hype machine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yep, Browns and Cowpies both, the media had them in the SB and then reality sets in.... Baker is just....a QB lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why doesn’t Rosen get this pass around here???

Mainly because he isn't a Cardinal anymore. I still think the Cardinals did the right thing last year when they moved up to take Rosen. You absolutely must have a QB to win in the NFL. During last season & even after the season, I was on record saying that I wasn't blaming that debacle on Rosen. If the Cardinals chose to keep Josh, I would still be 100% in his corner right now. Before the season started last year, not many of us could foresee the Cardinals ending up with the worst record in the league & having the 1st pick. At least I definitely didn't see that coming. By halftime of the opener, it became clear as day how bad we truly were.

Not entirely blaming Rosen & being convinced he was our guy became 2 very different subjects for me. I have DirecTV & taped every game from last year. Been doing that for years. I went back & watched every play of every game. Granted, the OL was pathetic, and granted, our offensive brain trust was braindead. But, something was still missing for me with Josh. Even with a clean pocket, which wasn't often, he missed too many opportunities. He just didn't show me quite enough to not consider upgrading the position by drafting QB with the 1st overall pick.

Enter Kyler Murray. I'm not necessarily an OU diehard, but I have been intrigued by Lincoln Riley's ability to move the football. I was NOT a KM fan when the 2018 college season started. I had NEVER been even remotely interested in either smaller QB's or QB's that I perceived to be running QB's. I watched him every week, and even though I was skeptical at first, the kid continued to impress me. Yes, he was fast. Yes, he had a big arm for a little dude. But, I'd seen all that before & I certainly did NOT want to draft someone like Michael Vick. Just not my cup of tea. Would have DEFINITELY stayed with Rosen if I had come to the conclusion that Murray was Vick 2.0. Instead, I loved too much of what I saw, especially his quick release. Even though he could routinely make people miss, he was still always a passer 1st. Strong arm, accurate arm, quick release, fast & knew when to get down & avoid hits. And lastly, I loved his quiet, yet determined demeanor. I'm not sure if everyone understands how hard this kid will work to improve. When I put the entire Kyler Murray package together, there was little doubt in my mind that he was enough of an upgrade over Rosen to warrant drafting him. That's nothing against Josh. In my 55 years as a Cardinal fan, I had never seen us draft 1st. I still maintain that in that slot, you have to take the most impactful player available. For me, that was Murray.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was a fan of the Josh Rosen pick and wanted the Cards to keep him and go with Bosa. But, I can remember games in which Rosen overthrew wide open receivers even when he was not under pressure (thus the name "overthrosen?" from someone on here?).
I "still" wanted to keep him even after seeing that, thinking that he would get better:), but knowing that he probably would not. Now, I see KM playing so much better than Rosen ever did for us and am glad that we have him (km) now .

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a fan of the Josh Rosen pick and wanted the Cards to keep him and go with Bosa. But, I can remember games in which Rosen overthrew wide open receivers even when he was not under pressure (thus the name "overthrosen?" from someone on here?).
I "still" wanted to keep him even after seeing that, thinking that he would get better:), but knowing that he probably would not. Now, I see KM playing so much better than Rosen ever did for us and am glad that we have him (km) now .

Agreed for me the I want Bosa was about having Bosa AND Rosen as opposed to Murray(and Isabella). I think it's pretty clear Murray is better now and I think he has a higher ceiling than Rosen. So the kicker is Bosa vs Isabella which right now looks pretty one sided to Bosa.

But I think we have a franchise QB with the potential to be REALLY good. The more he plays the more he'll learn and the better he'll get. That was one thing that disturbed me with Josh last year he got worse not better as the year went on. Yes the OL and WR's fell apart but we didn't see the learning curve, we are already saying with Kyler, taking off more, throwing the ball away etc.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man. I'm still exhausted from that pre draft Kyler/Rosen debate. Lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was weird Sherman has to realize there's going to be tape of it so why lie?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was weird Sherman has to realize there's going to be tape of it so why lie?
Apparently it was after the coin toss that Baker ran off. Baker and someone else ran off. I feel like Sherman still made it a bigger deal than what it was.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
9ers gonna hand us our arses!

Breida and Coleman will rush for 100+ each, while their pass rush will eat our OL alive.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Speaking of Riley, this morning on Golic, the guy that covers the Sec, mentioned that he thinks J Jones might try to sign him this week. OU and Texas plays. At least that was the way I took it. Any one else see that? I think it was this morning? Getting old. Losing my memory. :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Man. I'm still exhausted from that pre draft Kyler/Rosen debate. Lol
I am worn out from the many excuses trotted out by the KPG (Kyler protectors group),always deflecting blame away from KM.He is a work in progress and has a long way to go.:thud:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Browns D looks like ours last year
Baker Mayfield looks like a QB that doesn't work ... he still hasn't learnd to throw away the ball, doesn't know when to throw to his security valve, he doesn't go down and doesn't run well.

I don't know he bought into the hype and now looked like a bad QB.

Since he never punished the rush of the 49ers they looked like world beaters on D, but I'm not sold yet. I think the 49ers will suffer again against Rams & Seahawks and will struggle to beat good teams. They merly fought off the Steelers ...

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jimmy G has worse weapons. His only
real weapon is kittle. His best WR is a track star who was cut by the bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kittle is better than any weapon on our offense.

Their wrs are fast and get separation. Jimmy G is pure garbage