Falcons game will tell us a lot

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How are they not?

They’re 1-4! 0-5 if Nelson Agholor didn’t drop the easiest catch of his life.

If you see the tweet above, they have allowed the 2nd most points in the league & that’s only because the most is a tanking team.

Stop overrating the hell out of that talent on paper & start looking at how horrific their coaching is.

No, I’m not going to avi bet. As every day passes, it just seem like you want this team to fail.
Nah. He's just the flip side of the coin to optimism. Lol. We need Solar and other skeptics around here so we don't get too pumped up about Kyler. :)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
3-3-1 changes the whole season real quick...half the posters wouldnt know what to say to that...ruins the whole negative vibe
That's an easy answer. They would say we beat 3 nobodies. Our record could be 5-2 at that point had a few things went our way. It's hard in this league to win games, especially missing both starting CB's & a prominent starter on the OL & DL.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
On offense
We have no Will Fuller.
We will look to spray the ball everywhere.
Drives will stall accordingly.

On Defense:
We do not have a consistent pass rush
We will make the former MVP look like a future MVP.
Matt Ryan is going to chew our secondary to pieces.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our D has no answers and will get lit up badly in this one. Hope our offense continues to improve. Don't see a win though.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm already in need of Depends adult diapers with the thought of Ridley, Sanu and the beast himself. That is NOT going to be a pretty sight.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Out D is just so putrid , even with the Offense getting some good drives, without TDs in the redzone Matty Ice is going to shred our secondary

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How are they not?

They’re 1-4! 0-5 if Nelson Agholor didn’t drop the easiest catch of his life.

If you see the tweet above, they have allowed the 2nd most points in the league & that’s only because the most is a tanking team.

Stop overrating the hell out of that talent on paper & start looking at how horrific their coaching is.

No, I’m not going to avi bet. As every day passes, it just seem like you want this team to fail.

Sorry, I know I said I wasn't going to argue you on this, but just to reply to these questions... The Falcons have put up 102 points to our 97, but their win & closest loss have come to teams that are much better than the ones we've played to a win and a tie.

Their talent is just wildly superior to ours no matter how you cut it, and our coaching hasn't exactly been spectacular.

Do I want this team to fail? Not overall, but in a sense, yes. I think Keim needs to go, and I'd much rather get that out of the way than have a 6-10 season where we make a bunch of excuses and he continues to fail us next offseason.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I keep thinking we can dominate the Falcons (Giants too) but forgetting that we don't have nearly the explosiveness the teams that put up huge points on them.

We need Kirk back...lets hope Cooper gets a few more plays downfield as well.Why haven't we thrown deep to Larry since forever?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, I know I said I wasn't going to argue you on this, but just to reply to these questions... The Falcons have put up 102 points to our 97, but their win & closest loss have come to teams that are much better than the ones we've played to a win and a tie.

Their talent is just wildly superior to ours no matter how you cut it, and our coaching hasn't exactly been spectacular.

Do I want this team to fail? Not overall, but in a sense, yes. I think Keim needs to go, and I'd much rather get that out of the way than have a 6-10 season where we make a bunch of excuses and he continues to fail us next offseason.
The falcons were in the game till half time against most of the teams, in the second half, they always get outplayed (Superbowl...) they can't adjust, so if your team can, you have at least a chance to come back. But like Solar7 says, the Falcons are not as bad as theire record suggests, they are badly coached but yeah, even bad coaches have good games and win some games. We will see if our team can win this, but the Falcons had some bad bounces this year and if they get theire way this all looks better for them.

So I don't see this game as easy I think if our players don't improve and our D plays like the last 7 minutes of yesterday, Murry will need to score till 40 to win it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
David Johnson unlikely to play as per below so adjust your expectations of a win accordingly against Falcons.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now that just sucks. Here's hoping Edmonds has a breakout game.

Kliff can't abandon the run if David is out...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

3 of their 5 games have been 14+ point losses and that includes giving up 53 points to the Texans.

They may be a more talented team than us, but you wouldn't know that based on the way they have been playing.

They are 1-4 thus far and while they haven't really faced a really bad team they also haven't had that tough of a schedule either.

Ultimately I certainly can't guarantee a win by any means, but I do think this will be a close game and either team will likely have a chance to win.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score

I think the issue is that you said they will “decimate us”, which is just an over the top take. It does seem like someone who doesn’t want the team to win, which I guess you acknowledge is somewhat true. I mean, Vegas has the Falcons as 2 point favorites, and they are a lot better at this than you.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Should be an entertaining game at least. Our defense and the Falcons are both bottom 5 units*. Both offenses can move the ball but have RZ issues. Whichever team has the better RZ efficiency will take the W.

* Bottom 5 along with the Fins, Skins and Giants. We play the Giants next btw, so that should be a funny one too.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea the issue for us is guys like Byrd, Kirk and Johnson all are averaging 10 yards or under.

Partly due to Kyler's inexperience, but we're not attacking downfield and might not have the guys to do it.

The Texans had a lot of big plays that came off of a play action. I still think we have to get better at that area. Which would help if we were more successful from under center.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not bad. Still some concerns (secondary and questionable play calling in spots)

If we're for real we'll carry this energy against the Giants. Just hope Barkley isn't healthy.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
The Falcons are going to decimate us.

Which is ultimately alright. Let's go out and be competitive. I'm sure I'll be told the Falcons are really bad again or something, but meh. Their skill players outrank pretty much everything we have on offense.
Well this didn’t age well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose