Cardinals at Bengals gameday thread 10-6-19

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm very happy we won, at least I think I am. But after reading so many posts about how poorly we played, and how poorly coached we are, I'm just not sure if we won or lost. If we did win that's great, but I'd sure hate to have to read this board if it turns out we lost.

P.S. Ho hum. Another 500 + yards of offense.

We are NOT a complete team, so any win is a GREAT win. It's a long process to go from where we were last year to where we need to go. Just happy to see us win a game that we did our best to lose.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Murray rushed 10 times for 93 yards and passed 20/32 for 253 yards. Pretty impressive.

During last weeks game, he was driving me insane when he wasn’t tucking the ball and running with 7-20yds of grass in front of him. I really like his numbers this week. I’m in the middle of the desert training guys today, so I couldnt watch (got one ear pod in as I was listening to it 98.7).

I’m happy to hear he maximized his physical abilities today. I admit I was in the Rosen/draft D #1, but I’m real happy we have Kyler.

Kyler is to Kliff what Larry was to Denny. In 2004, I was wondering why we were drafting LF after taking Bryant and Boldin in the 1st and 2nd rounds of 2003. That decision has paid huge dividends long after DG left. DG called LF the best player in that draft. KK is not even close to DG’s ability to sniff good talent, but he had a similar take on KM.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see if the defense can snap their streak of letting the opposition score right after we do...
The anncrs said that VG made "adjustments" to counter the run.

What adjustments? Anyone care to describe them? (It might help us understand whit opponents have been taking advantage of in the run game).

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed.

Kyler was good.
DJ was good - At everything but blocking.
Chase was awesome.
The WR's caught some good balls.

Won despite our porous defense.

Mr. B would be proud.

C'mon guys....

I picked the Cardinals in both my confidence pools out of respect to Bill Bidwill. It would be nice if the Cardinals could win next week at home.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just an average red zone offense in this game is a blowout for the Cardinals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
To be fair, if we simply score a TD on half of our RZ trips it's not even close either.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Street Truckin is giving KM a B. Give me a break. B/t/w, he ran an offense that put up the most yards for Arizona (I believe) since 2015. Also, zero TO's. And THIS IS ONLY HIS FIFTH GAME.
Throw some TDs maybe I give him a A.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree that SK shouldn't shoulder the blame fordrafting talented players who get injured.

But I think it's totally fair to question the conditioning, strength and rehab methods that might contribute to some of those injuries.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Street Truckin is giving KM a B. Give me a break. B/t/w, he ran an offense that put up the most yards for Arizona (I believe) since 2015. Also, zero TO's. And THIS IS ONLY HIS FIFTH GAME.
People hate being wrong, and there are a ton of people on here that were wrong about Kyler Murray. What's weird is they would rather keep looking like clowns rather than just move on and be happy. I remember there were people that wanted Josh McCown over Warner. This is very similar. Warner was marching us to a Super Bowl and people were still unhappy.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He had a chance to put up 2 or 3 Td passes if not bad routes/drops and then the play call at the end of the half. He passed very well. Some big 3rd down conversions.

He did nothing special in the passing game, to blame the lack of TDs as being solely on the receivers or play calling and completely absolving him is nothing but homerism. He had an ordinary game passing the ball, not bad but nothing special either.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He did nothing special in the passing game, to blame the lack of TDs as being solely on the receivers or play calling and completely absolving him is nothing but homerism. He had an ordinary game passing the ball, not bad but nothing special either.
A little blame needs to go to just about everyone (Kyler included), but there was clearly some bad play calling in the RZ and obviously we had a ton of penalties at inopportune times.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and maybe using the top pick on a defensive player and the game might not have been close?
Maybe the Bengals don `t score 23.You never know ?:shrug:
Youre assuming Bosa would be playing :lol:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave