The Zane Gonzalez Dilemma

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He hit a 55 yarder for us last year as well. He was actually pretty solid for us last year 7/9 FGs and 5/6 XPs with that 55 yard long.
I hope all the misses or most of them all come during practice lol? I always thought Joe Nedney was one of our best kickers ever. Seemed to always hit them when they were seriously needed.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just saw that Catman has retired, he was with the Jets. I guess he just didn't have the mental toughness to be an NFL kicker, many do not.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
AS a FYI

Norwegian booter Kaare Vedvik hit all four of his field-goal attempts from 26, 29, 45 and 55 yards. Justin Tucker's job security isn't at risk, but for teams desperate for a consistent kicker (cough, Chicago, cough), look in Baltimore's direction.

Well so much for this, the Ravens just traded him to the Vikings.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He is looking like Zane Gonzales again. Let’s hope he doesn’t get in his own head

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I didn’t get a close up of the second miss, but on the first missed kick (43 yards) the hold was perfect
He's missing them all right. Not blaming the hold. Just the mindset of a different person there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in his head now

now? He's NEVER been a good kicker.

can people here also finally stop with the idea that a new holder screws up every kicker? I've seen people excuse our terrible kickers for that when it never effects the good kickers.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
now? He's NEVER been a good kicker.

can people here also finally stop with the idea that a new holder screws up every kicker? I've seen people excuse our terrible kickers for that when it never effects the good kickers.
lmao.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Listen to Jay Feely. He said this years ago that most misses come from the right hash mark. It makes sense because a lot of kickers start the ball out right playing for some draw. No draw & it’s likely a miss.

Put the ball on the left hash please

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10-12 on FGs
4-4 on XPs

Hmmmmm.........
A little misleading imo. Kickers make their money with 40+ yard kicks. Zane missed a couple last week and a 37 yarder today. Those are enough to make head coaches notice imo