OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The OP has a point ...like it or not

Seattle has been relevant with Pete C at the helm every year

Cardinals aren't even close when comparing teams year after year

Seattle is again winning...and is likely to win for the next umpteen years....whereas Cardinals and Cardinals fans will be looking at top 5 picks for the next umpteen years.

Shoot if you were just looking at how these teams get made every year and you weren't a Cardinals fan....you sure as heck wouldn't choose them as 'your' team....it's only due to your loyalty you stay a fan of this team.....all logical sense says we should leave....but we don't....we love misery

They will always be relevant as long as RW is their QB. I have to say their FO has done an amazing job drafting and aquiring FA's. Everyone thought they were done after the legion of boom and while I don't think they are close to the skill level of that team, they likely will be competing for a playoff spot while we landing a top 5 pick for the second year in a row.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wanted to go to the Eagles or the Seahawks. He nixed a trade to the Dolphins.

He picked where he wanted to go

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes.

Keim has many faults. Him not trading for a guy who wasn't going to resign with anyone but the Seahawks or Eagles isn't one of them.

I didn't hear that he only wanted to go to those two teams, makes sense.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
We don't know that Keim didn't make a run for Clowney.....I assume many GMs did, we just didn't hear about it, particularly if Clowney had no interest. But, the fact remains, the best players usually want to play on the best teams, assuming the money is about the same, especially after their rookie deals are over. We can expect that Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll will keep the Seahawks competitive for a long time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just curious. If you were an elite talent, would you want to play for the Cards right now?

Maybe if they coughed up a ton of money compared to others, which is what it would take.

Maybe not right this moment, but let's wait & see how the rest of the season plays out. As Murray continues to develop, we can easily be a place where elite talent will want to play. We live in a world of instant gratification. As we shore up some obvious holes, having a guy like Murray will pay long term dividends. Hard to ask for patience with this Cardinal franchise, but I for one, am buying our future under Murray.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Chandler Jones and his contract is why, and I’m glad we have him.