What IF??????

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most of us did not have the Cardinals winning the Super Bowl this year. I have been thinking back to Game 1 against the Lions. Once we started to get rolling, we were on fire.

I wonder if Coach would have gone for it in overtime, instead punting away (playing for a tie), what would that have done for the team. Even if didn't get the 1st down and the Lions make a last second field goal for the win, I believe that decision would have galvanized this team and would be playing harder.

I hope the guys in the locker room are hungry and come out fighting this Sunday. We really need a win. After last year and this start, I am not sure how much more I can take. What am I saying, been a fans since the 70's! Go CARDS!!!!!!!!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've changed over the years when it comes to winning and losing..of course id love for a super bowl and playoff possibility year after year..but I just really want to be entertained more that anything nowadays. If we are competitive and make it a fun and interesting game, I can live with losses...that's just me though. But in general I agree.. it is what it is at this point. I'm a fan no matter what. Just give me a little excitement on Sundays and I'm good. :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's hilarious that people are either "You're going to win a Super Bowl" or "You might as well win zero games."

If this team has three wins (or fewer?) at the end of the season, how can you even identify what you have to build on for the next one? Why would you remain invested in Murray when his win percentage could be abysmal?

We had one win last season by more than 10 points. We have to be able to improve on that and the games that we lost by 10+ to have any hope for the future.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's hilarious that people are either "You're going to win a Super Bowl" or "You might as well win zero games."

If this team has three wins (or fewer?) at the end of the season, how can you even identify what you have to build on for the next one? Why would you remain invested in Murray when his win percentage could be abysmal?

We had one win last season by more than 10 points. We have to be able to improve on that and the games that we lost by 10+ to have any hope for the future.
I shudder to think about the state of this franchise if they end up with less than 3 wins despite a top 5 pick and large cap space coming their way in 2020.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I shudder to think about the state of this franchise if they end up with less than 3 wins despite a top 5 pick and large cap space coming their way in 2020.

So you are going to shudder for the results of 2019 (after Wilks and what that affects) with the advantages only presented in 2020 lol

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So you are going to shudder for the results of 2019 (after Wilks and what that affects) with the advantages only presented in 2020 lol
Less than 3 wins means likely new GM. New GM likes Tua, Justin Herbert to be paired with a coach, and then Cardinals are starting a rebuilt again. Can you sell this and hope fans buy it?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Less than 3 wins means likely new GM. New GM likes Tua, Justin Herbert to be paired with a coach, and then Cardinals are starting a rebuilt again. Can you sell this and hope fans buy it?

No I cannot and neither will ownership :)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

No. There won't be a glimmer of a chance they go after another QB in the first round. They are sticking with KK and KM for another year. I also think Keim will still be around for one more year to.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Actually I think KM is one of the few bright spots on this team. OL and WR aren't doing him any favors because both are subpar. Yet KM has made some great plays already, is smartly avoiding contact and his mistakes can be classified as rookie stuff rather than mechanical issues. He will only get better, but can we give him a solid OL and enough weapons? And a defense that doesn't bleed points on every other possession? That's the question.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

A new GM is sticking with Kyler. Even if he stinks it up the rest of the season he’s still a significantly better option than Herbert or Fromm. Kingbury would get one more year to show results with a regime. It would be a stipulation from Bidwill before making the hire.

QB’s get a long leash for the most part. Teams like the Bucs, Raiders and Titans still don’t know whether they have “their guy” yet.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What if the Cardinals have the #1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like has been laid out in this thread already, what are we going to find acceptable?

I feel like we're battered to our core if we find this season "exciting" so far. It's unfathomable to think our QB has solved any issues. It's not his fault, but the success we're seeing is pretty much squeezing the sponge.

A new GM is sticking with Kyler. Even if he stinks it up the rest of the season he’s still a significantly better option than Herbert or Fromm. Kingbury would get one more year to show results with a regime. It would be a stipulation from Bidwill before making the hire.

QB’s get a long leash for the most part. Teams like the Bucs, Raiders and Titans still don’t know whether they have “their guy” yet.
My greatest fear is that we won't have "our guy" yet, for years. Especially right in the midst of some QBs that look to change the game over the next two years.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We need to go out there and win this one for the old Bidder.

Now, to continue as a fan I feel you need to forget about the playoffs and super bowl. Don't even think about our record or the 'season' in general. Just be excited about this week's game as if it were the very first and very last. Forget entirely about last week and following week. Each week is our super bowl and a must win. It alone is all that matters. Just try to stay in the mindset that each game is a season and a super bowl game.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson