Our window starts next year

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Appreciate the encouraging post. K1's future gives me hope.

Right or wrong, my personal prediction is that it is Steve Keim calling the shots next year. I think he has more equity with Bidwill than most realize.
They're buddies, no way MB fires SK, anyone that thinks otherwise are fooling themselves.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
With a top pick and a large cap space, 2020 can be a good season if decent decisions are made. I know it is a big if but not all is lost for 2020.

I really think fans will stop caring about the product if Keim continues to be GM in 2020. You can only sell the same lie so many times.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
This team is 0-3-1. The train might’ve mostly left the station, anyway.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The window opens when Kingsbury is shown the door. Which won't happen until Keim is shown the door. I say 2 years for that to happen then another 2-3 for the new regime to get their stuff in order. Think we're looking at a long down cycle.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The window opens when Kingsbury is shown the door. Which won't happen until Keim is shown the door. I say 2 years for that to happen then another 2-3 for the new regime to get their stuff in order. Think we're looking at a long down cycle.

I haven't seen any evidence that Kingsbury can't lead a successful NFL offense. Each week we've seen some wrinkles that if the players just executed the average player better, would put this team over the top.

The problem is that Murray is not ready to be a good, starting NFL QB, and the current team is very much dependent on him to be a good QB now.

The Cardinals will take their lumps, and if they can develop some of these young skill players and add to the roster, they should be much better next year.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I haven't seen any evidence that Kingsbury can't lead a successful NFL offense. Each week we've seen some wrinkles that if the players just executed the average player better, would put this team over the top.

The problem is that Murray is not ready to be a good, starting NFL QB, and the current team is very much dependent on him to be a good QB now.

The Cardinals will take their lumps, and if they can develop some of these young skill players and add to the roster, they should be much better next year.
Where’s the evidence he can. He couldn’t lead a college team to success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Where’s the evidence he can. He couldn’t lead a college team to success.

That's ridiculous. He led a top 5 ranked offense almost his entire time as head coach or coordinator.

Texas Tech almost never wins. They did in the Leach era before anyone in the Big 12 was ready for the Air Raid, but once teams adjusted, his recruiting deficit couldn't make up the difference.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...yea right

and how many 'encouraging' posts were done this offseason ...and last...and the year before that...

it's great you see unicorns and glitter for a team that can't even sniff 1 victory in 4 games....in a league of 32 teams

last I checked the goal was to WIN A SUPER BOWL

This team trained, drafted and picked up free agents for a year to get ready for THIS season....and here's were it got em

head on for 0-15-1

Way to go guys

Here comes some more glitter and unicorn comments

shoot we aren't even 1 week into October of THIS season and they're dead....and there are threads of 'next year' ....in what world does that make sense?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. He led a top 5 ranked offense almost his entire time as head coach or coordinator.

Texas Tech almost never wins. They did in the Leach era before anyone in the Big 12 was ready for the Air Raid, but once teams adjusted, his recruiting deficit couldn't make up the difference.

The reason the offense works in college is because most colleges don’t have 5 DBs that can handle bunch sets and stay disciplined in zone. It’s the reason why this all started the talent gap in college is great esp when you are deep in the depth chart. If you can spread them out and have better athletes you will throw up a ton of points. The point remains he has shown nothing that leads me to believe he can run an offense and be successful in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The reason the offense works in college is because most colleges don’t have 5 DBs that can handle bunch sets and stay disciplined in zone. It’s the reason why this all started the talent gap in college is great esp when you are deep in the depth chart. If you can spread them out and have better athletes you will throw up a ton of points. The point remains he has shown nothing that leads me to believe he can run an offense and be successful in the NFL.

Not true. Kingsbury beat people with scheme alone, not with a damn better depth chart. Anyone who knows a lick about college football disagree he beat anyone with better athletes.

The Cardinals just aren't executing the scheme. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Murray is like 50% of the problem right now.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not true. Kingsbury beat people with scheme alone, not with a damn better depth chart. Anyone who knows a lick about college football disagree he beat anyone with better athletes.

The Cardinals just aren't executing the scheme. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Murray is like 50% of the problem right now.

You have a Murray avatar and you are "captain of team Murray" yet criticize him harder than most on this board, kinda perplexing.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
You have a Murray avatar and you are "captain of team Murray" yet criticize him harder than most on this board, kinda perplexing.

At least he’s not blowing smoke up peoples ass and making excuses for his inconsistent play. Certain people here would lead you to believe that Murray is exceeding preseason expectations.

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least he’s now blowing smoke up peoples ass and making excuses for his inconsistent play. Certain people here would lead you to believe that Murray is exceeding preseason expectations.

It's hard to say because he looks like he has all the tools to be successful but doesn't have much around him. He can't rely on an aging Larry, an inconsistent David Johnson, lousy pass protection, and young, inexperienced receivers. Look what he can do when he is surrounded by talent like he was at Oklahoma.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

You can be a fan of someone/something and still see their warts and challenges. If you're a bad NFL team like the Cards are right now, chances are your quarterback is not very good.

Gardner Minshew is significantly outplaying Kyler Murray right now. That's just acknowledging reality.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can be a fan of someone/something and still see their warts and challenges. If you're a bad NFL team like the Cards are right now, chances are your quarterback is not very good.

Gardner Minshew is significantly outplaying Kyler Murray right now. That's just acknowledging reality.

How would Gardner Minshew do behind center for us though? I'm still taking KM over any QB in this draft. I may change my opinion but not until I get a larger sample size.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

I’m about shoulder deep in college football and have some family coaching at the college level. It’s the same reason most high schools run the air raid. 5 fast guys who can catch the ball within 3 seconds of the snap and no defense has the talent to cover that. It levels the playing field.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
How would Gardner Minshew do behind center for us though? I'm still taking KM over any QB in this draft. I may change my opinion but not until I get a larger sample size.

Jones looks pretty good. We’ll see

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'm guessing pretty good. It's not like he has an overwhelming talented offense around him in Jacksonville, and based on DVOA, he's right between Jimmy Garappolo and Derek Carr.

Reaction score

Did KK kick your dog or something? If I remember right didn't you want Caldwell?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Krang was sunshine and rainbows all offseason, and is a good enough guy to back off of it a little bit, while not burying the kid. I've got his back on this one, it's been disappointing thus far, but he's not off the rails either way.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm guessing pretty good. It's not like he has an overwhelming talented offense around him in Jacksonville, and based on DVOA, he's right between Jimmy Garappolo and Derek Carr.

I wouldnt say that. I'd take Jaguars skill players and offensive line over Cardinals right now. He also has a much better defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang was sunshine and rainbows all offseason, and is a good enough guy to back off of it a little bit, while not burying the kid. I've got his back on this one, it's been disappointing thus far, but he's not off the rails either way.

I think Murray is going to be one of the best QBs in the NFL 5 years from now.

But he needs reps.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Because I have eye balls.

Murray is a mixed bag right now. Hes completing 68% of his passes which if he keeps it up, will likely be a franchise record. But 50-60% of the sacks are almost all on Murray. And his misfires at inopportune times are killing this offense.

The good news is that 95% of his issues are correctable. He is going to be a very good QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson