Cards Cut Swearinger

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well, let’s look at the favorites right now.

Miami has #1 lock.

Washington is pretty much us last year.

Bengals might have the worst OLine in the league. Damn near rival ours from last year. They will miss AJ Green & now John Ross in next week’s game against us. It’ll say a lot if we still lose to them next week though.

Don’t know how much longer Darnold will be out. Could be short, could be longer. They’re on a 3rd string QB. Adam Gase is also a terrible coach.

Vic Fangio might of been “too” much of an old school hire & I wouldn’t be surprised if they put up a fire sale. We’ll see.

Atlanta could be dark horse top 5 pick. Awful coaching & they look like they just quit already.

We definitely could still end up with a top 5 pick, but I don’t think we’re as bad as the first 4 teams named. Denver is debatable. Pittsburgh is also debatable as well.
Here is what I see

Jets
Dolphins
Broncos
Raiders (things could go sideways fast)
Bengals
Jaguars (if Minshew gets hurt...they could be awful)
Redskins
Falcons

and that isn't bringing up teams that are on their backups already but are hanging in there.

Panthers
Steelers
Colts

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Really amazed at some of the teams you guys think we're better than. I think we're all but a lock for top 5.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Shocking.
Let me say it this way - if we were facing them? I wouldn't say we had no chance. But unfortunately, a lot of those teams are not on our schedule. Of course we have a shot against the Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, etc., but the schedule doesn't favor us.

I don't get the Falcons hate though, they've played well and have been unlucky or beaten at the last minute.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me say it this way - if we were facing them? I wouldn't say we had no chance. But unfortunately, a lot of those teams are not on our schedule. Of course we have a shot against the Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins, etc., but the schedule doesn't favor us.

I don't get the Falcons hate though, they've played well and have been unlucky or beaten at the last minute.
I don’t think I would classify getting beat down by an underwhelming Minnesota squad, Jekyll & Hyde Tennessee squad, & average Indy squad as playing well, especially with the preseason expectations they had.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t think I would classify getting beat down by an underwhelming Minnesota squad, Jekyll & Hyde Tennessee squad, & average Indy squad as playing well, especially with the preseason expectations they had.
All of those teams would run circles around us right now. The Colts and Eagles have two of the better rosters in the league and they either beat or hung in there with them.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All of those teams would run circles around us right now. The Colts and Eagles have two of the better rosters in the league and they either beat or hung in there with them.
What does that have to do with Atlanta being mediocre?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It has to do with you thinking we're better than Atlanta/will have a shot against them/will pick later than them?
I didn’t say we’re better than Atlanta, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re right there with us especially if they continue to play like they’ve given up.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I didn’t say we’re better than Atlanta, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re right there with us especially if they continue to play like they’ve given up.
I'm unsure how being one week removed from a 24-27 game qualifies as "giving up." Did you watch them play at all?

They're 2 games out of first with two games against the Saints who are rolling with a backup QB right now, and only one game back on the other two teams, one of which is also rolling with a backup QB. Their schedule is rough, but they were a playoff team returning most of their talent this year. They can handle it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You don’t think we will end up with a top 5 pick? We are 0-3-1.

I think we'll learn a fair amount about our team this week.

If we lose to CIN, then I would agree we'll end up picking in the top five.

If we win, well.. perhaps there's hope we can cobble together four or five victories this year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm unsure how being one week removed from a 24-27 game qualifies as "giving up." Did you watch them play at all?

They're 2 games out of first with two games against the Saints who are rolling with a backup QB right now, and only one game back on the other two teams, one of which is also rolling with a backup QB. Their schedule is rough, but they were a playoff team returning most of their talent this year. They can handle it.
Yes, I have. And Lol, you should be the last person asking this whether it’s about other teams or QBs.

They haven’t made the playoffs since 2017, & that’s barely dude. They’re also an Nelson Agholor drop from being 0-4.

What’s different between when they made the SB & now? Kyle Shanahan isn’t there anymore. He was the man that made the team move.

They’re a massively overrated roster lacking talent in the trenches. Their coaching is also horrific.

The Saints are a great team. Bucs are on the rise, especially since it seems like the light has finally clicked for Jameis due to Arians, & Panthers are still there dogging it out.

I would be extremely shocked if we beat some teams on our schedule. Atlanta is definitely not one of them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what are you talking about? The Falcons were a weak 7-9 last year and are 1-3 with two ass-kickings at the hands woefully mediocre Vikings team without a QB and even more mediocre Jekyll and Hyde Titans team where they went down 24-7 at one point and lost 24-10... AT HOME, with another L against another mediocre Colts team. There was nothing lucky or last minute against 2 of their 3 losses.

I understand that you think we're awful right now. I don't quibble with that too much. Doesn't mean you have to inflate another bad team to make your point... in fact, it only weakens your credibility.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we'll learn a fair amount about our team this week.

If we lose to CIN, then I would agree we'll end up picking in the top five.

If we win, well.. perhaps there's hope we can cobble together four or five victories this year.

No matter how bad Cincy may appear to be, they are still at home & it’s a East Coast game for us. Cincy should have beaten Seattle & Buffalo on the road. Pittsburgh was NOT going to lose a Monday Night home game either. Our 1st win won’t come easy. I’m not saying we can’t or won’t win, but it’s more likely we won’t. Until we actually win one, I can’t see myself taking the Cardinals in any of my pools. And I NEVER bet with my heart. Hope I’m wrong.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No matter how bad Cincy may appear to be, they are still at home & it’s a East Coast game for us. Cincy should have beaten Seattle & Buffalo on the road. Pittsburgh was NOT going to lose a Monday Night home game either. Our 1st win won’t come easy. I’m not saying we can’t or won’t win, but it’s more likely we won’t. Until we actually win one, I can’t see myself taking the Cardinals in any of my pools. And I NEVER bet with my heart. Hope I’m wrong.
Just because they lost close games doesn’t mean they “should have” beat them. If they should have, they would have.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes, I have. And Lol, you should be the last person asking this whether it’s about other teams or QBs.

They haven’t made the playoffs since 2017, & that’s barely dude. They’re also an Nelson Agholor drop from being 0-4.

What’s different between when they made the SB & now? Kyle Shanahan isn’t there anymore. He was the man that made the team move.

They’re a massively overrated roster lacking talent in the trenches. Their coaching is also horrific.

The Saints are a great team. Bucs are on the rise, especially since it seems like the light has finally clicked for Jameis due to Arians, & Panthers are still there dogging it out.

I would be extremely shocked if we beat some teams on our schedule. Atlanta is definitely not one of them.
what are you talking about? The Falcons were a weak 7-9 last year and are 1-3 with two ass-kickings at the hands woefully mediocre Vikings team without a QB and even more mediocre Jekyll and Hyde Titans team where they went down 24-7 at one point and lost 24-10... AT HOME, with another L against another mediocre Colts team. There was nothing lucky or last minute against 2 of their 3 losses.

I understand that you think we're awful right now. I don't quibble with that too much. Doesn't mean you have to inflate another bad team to make your point... in fact, it only weakens your credibility.

Mea culpa on this one for the mistake - I Googled "Falcons 2018 record" and was given the playoff games that were technically in 2018 on top, so I ran with it while I was working.

That said, they have a pretty talented team that doesn't always put it together. That's been their MO for years. But when we can't stop anyone through the air or the ground, I'm not excited about our chances of stopping them.

But they have a better chance to compete against good teams than we do.

Anyways - apologies for the mess-up again.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Solar, I'm sorry I don't see it. The Falcons are better than us for sure, but they are bad. You can't be getting served at home against the Titans. I'm sorry. I could be wrong and they certainly have the talent, but the Neal injury, and the fact that Quinn appears helpless doesn't bode well for them IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave