Just FYI

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Jordan Hicks currently leads the league in tackles. I've been reading alot of negative posts about him, but get a clue if you're one of the people writing them. Him, Chandler, and Byron Murphy are really the only bright spots on our defense currently. Hicks has been more then solid.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's been making most of those tackles five yards down field. At least he is attempting to tackle unlike our league worst safeties that just watch the play unfold.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I haven't been complaining about him..but I can also see why some do. He's an average linebacker with slow feet at best. I'm glad we have him and all...just is what it is. Imo.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Jordan Hicks currently leads the league in tackles. I've been reading alot of negative posts about him, but get a clue if you're one of the people writing them. Him, Chandler, and Byron Murphy are really the only bright spots on our defense currently. Hicks has been more then solid.
Hes been saying very well. People just mad and aimlessly pointing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
While I wouldn't argue that he is playing poorly, I would simply point out that total tackles isn't particularly a great stat to proe someone is playing well.

Exactly. It’s a great fantasy stat but not necessarily one that is good for the team. I remember Daryl Washington racking up league leading tackles: That was a different story

OP
OP
BleedRed

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
While I wouldn't argue that he is playing poorly, I would simply point out that total tackles isn't particularly a great stat to proe someone is playing well.

Uh, actually for an ILB it is a key stat. He's making tackles which is exactly what you want from an ILB. So pretty much your arguing for the sake of arguing. Nice.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We can’t cover TEs or RBs, and we’re getting run all over. But Actually Hicks is good, even though he hasn’t made a single memorable play.

He’s one of the five best players on a pretty bad defense. Congrats.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Plus he's had an injury history & that hasn't happened so far knock on wood. Hopefully moving forward, Deonte Thompson (I'm assuming he will take the place of DJS?) Can play FS & allow BB to play closer to the LOS in run support & cover TE's? Nick Saban knows how to produce DB's & Thompson was an all American, give the kid a chance, he has cover speed. Saban used him in many different roles at Alabama. If Thompson works out, BB can cover TE's, when we get PP21 & Alford back, then maybe we can be a decent defense? The Bengals are horrible, last in the NFL running the ball, averaging 2.7 yds/carry, that's worse than us. I actually like the way we ran the ball Sunday using both RB's & getting DJ in space. Just wish we would use the TE more in 11 personnel, pinch block helping the RT, then release down the seam making a LB'ER cover him, that frees up other options with DJ or Edmonds in space. I'll be behind the Cardinals bench Sunday in Cincinnati 6 rows from the field, it's only a 1.5 hour drive for me from Louisville. I think we have a damn good chance to win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh, actually for an ILB it is a key stat. He's making tackles which is exactly what you want from an ILB. So pretty much your arguing for the sake of arguing. Nice.
Yeah no. If they put yardage to those tackles it would tell a story. Tackles alone don’t say squat. If he’s tackling at 5yarda a clip he’s just slowing them down, not stopping them.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah no. If they put yardage to those tackles it would tell a story. Tackles alone don’t say squat. If he’s tackling at 5yarda a clip he’s just slowing them down, not stopping them.
Agreed. They tell a story. Just not the whole story. I wanna see lbs that are being disruptive around the LOS. That means they are reading and dissecting before the ball is snapped. I like Hicks though.. but we need more disruptors. This d is lacking big time in those.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ron McKinnon 2.0.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Exactly. But I wish I still played fantasy football in a league with individual defensive players. Hicks will continue to rack up tackles after the line gets gashed

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Leading the league in tackles means you are playing a ton of snaps for a defense that has problems getting opposing offenses off the field.

Good for him, but the best play he made all season was on the goal line of our first pre-season game.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well this reminds me of the Bill Davis defense for Denny Green and later Whisenhunt. It ranked high but gave up lots of yards, producing more turnovers. The player turnover as Wilkes moved to a 4-3 that failed anD now back - was compounded by the churning of the roster from early to late in the season last year. I mean the spaghetti wasn’t done and nothing stuck to the refrigerator, leaving cards much much worse after one devastating year of Wilkes.

Star PP screwed us hard and appears to have little regret. Chandler Jones is great but not enough even with older Suggs. I see lots of ex cards like Minter playing well across the NFL. Makes me think Bosa would have been the right #1 overall draft pick - instead of drafting a unicorn.