Longshot For New GM

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the season ends badly as I think it will and SK is let go, how about Carson Palmer becoming our John Elway? He does know FB and seems pretty intelligent. Granted, like Elway and John Lynch and Mike Mayock, he has zero FO experience, but would bring a lot of positive intangibles to the job. Anyone agree?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah the GM doesn't need to have an economist or financial background, other people has to work with him having this type of knowledge
We need just football knowledge and foresee the player development in the NFL
Carson Palmer can be the guy, more then Adrian Wilson

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the event that we make the mistake of letting Keim go (which I don’t think, for a second, we will), Mike B will prob appoint Adub.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the season ends badly as I think it will and SK is let go, how about Carson Palmer becoming our John Elway? He does know FB and seems pretty intelligent. Granted, like Elway and John Lynch and Mike Mayock, he has zero FO experience, but would bring a lot of positive intangibles to the job. Anyone agree?

We just went through as difficult an opening 4 game stretch as I can remember. Opening with Detroit, Baltimore, Carolina, and Seattle would be a physical challenge for most teams in the NFL. Add a rookie HC, rookie QB, and losing both a HoF CB, and an All Pro CB, and the results shouldn't be a complete surprise. It's hardly a death knell for the remainder of the season. Instead of talking about future GM prospects, I'd rather look forward to continued improvement across the board. PP21 only has 2 more games on his suspension & I hope we see Alford a few games after that. Excited to see the Thompsons get more playing time. KK & K1 will continue to improve & let's hope the OL stays relatively healthy & gels a little bit.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
The way things are going for the Broncos, I don't know if we'd want John Elway to be our John Elway.
If you're thinking about former players, how about Larry Fitzgerald, after he retires, of course.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I get no vibe that he wants anything to do with front office work. I think he’d rather hang out with his family, surf, and relax in his cabin for the rest of his life

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea because of Peyton & players wanting to play with Peyton.

His draft record is just as bad as Keim’s.

But does he have a SB? Peyton was awful the year they won FWIW.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We just went through as difficult an opening 4 game stretch as I can remember. Opening with Detroit, Baltimore, Carolina, and Seattle would be a physical challenge for most teams in the NFL. Add a rookie HC, rookie QB, and losing both a HoF CB, and an All Pro CB, and the results shouldn't be a complete surprise. It's hardly a death knell for the remainder of the season. Instead of talking about future GM prospects, I'd rather look forward to continued improvement across the board. PP21 only has 2 more games on his suspension & I hope we see Alford a few games after that. Excited to see the Thompsons get more playing time. KK & K1 will continue to improve & let's hope the OL stays relatively healthy & gels a little bit.
Take those rose colored glasses off
The team planned from October of last year through today for a plan to be playing in next years playoffs....they planned and executed that plan and when the goal is to be playing in February they’re DONE, KOd in September.
That’s like training for a marathon all year and quitting after the first mile.
You’d laugh and wonder what the heck is wrong with any person who did that...that’s the Cardinals
O and add your now $40 million less than all the people who won the race going into next year and have nothing to show for it.
A broke loser is one way to call it what it is

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Take those rose colored glasses off
The team planned from October of last year through today for a plan to be playing in next years playoffs....they planned and executed that plan and when the goal is to be playing in February they’re DONE, KOd in September.
That’s like training for a marathon all year and quitting after the first mile.
You’d laugh and wonder what the heck is wrong with any person who did that...that’s the Cardinals
O and add your now $40 million less than all the people who won the race going into next year and have nothing to show for it.
A broke loser is one way to call it what it is

Playoffs, are we talking playoffs:eek: Trust me, I lost my rose colored glasses about 3-4 years ago. All I'm saying is that we can continue to make adjustments & improve. Maybe, just maybe that amounts to 3-4 wins this year. Our D can be significantly better adding PP21 & Alford back into the equation. Maybe the OL can stay healthy enough to gel just a tad. No playoffs, but improvement should be our goal the rest of the way.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Playoffs, are we talking playoffs:eek: Trust me, I lost my rose colored glasses about 3-4 years ago. All I'm saying is that we can continue to make adjustments & improve. Maybe, just maybe that amounts to 3-4 wins this year. Our D can be significantly better adding PP21 & Alford back into the equation. Maybe the OL can stay healthy enough to gel just a tad. No playoffs, but improvement should be our goal the rest of the way.

I am thinking maybe one win this year at the most and that would be stealing one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But does he have a SB? Peyton was awful the year they won FWIW.

The majority of the good players on that team were holdovers from BEFORE the Elway era. There has been numerous articles written about Elway's inability to find ANY good players.

Drew Lock is going to be an absolute disaster when he plays.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I think this is reasonable, and really what I expect to see as we get into the 2nd half of the schedule.

Less penalties. Less wasted timeouts. More yards and points per game, less yards allowed and points allowed per game (as compared to the first half of the season).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eliot Wolf would be my choice. Son of Ron Wolf, worked long time for Packers and is now Assistant GM for Browns. Also just 37 years old.
The interesting thing about Eliot Wolf is he would more than like on board with K1 and K2 since he is watching what mayfield is doing.