Our window starts next year

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Next year Murray will have a year under his belt and we will have a lot of money to spend on building the team around his.

We will have a 3 to 4 year window before we have to give Murray a big extension. I think he is that guy and will be that good.

We have peterson, jones, alford, hicks, Peter's, fitz, kirk, baker and a few other core players under contract

We will have a lot of money to fix the o and d line and and talent other places where needed.

Hold in there cardinals fans.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Appreciate the encouraging post. K1's future gives me hope.

Right or wrong, my personal prediction is that it is Steve Keim calling the shots next year. I think he has more equity with Bidwill than most realize.
I'm indifferent at this point with keim. Hes made good signing and good draft picks, but hasnt hit on 1st round picks. Either way I'm fine at this point.

It may be hard to lure a top gm candident here with kk in the first year of a deal. But this org needs to see some home runs quick.

I'm holding judgement on the d until Peterson and alford or back.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Next year Murray will have a year under his belt and we will have a lot of money to spend on building the team around his.

We will have a 3 to 4 year window before we have to give Murray a big extension. I think he is that guy and will be that good.

We have peterson, jones, alford, hicks, Peter's, fitz, kirk, baker and a few other core players under contract

We will have a lot of money to fix the o and d line and and talent other places where needed.

Hold in there cardinals fans.

IMO the window is not close. We have too many holes to fix in one off season and draft, we are looking at 3 years easy until we are a playoff team. If we draft like we have been drafting it may take longer. We wont have the most money available and we haven given no reason for a FA to come here. I’d rather go to Indy, the giants, Baltimore or jags. Those teams are only a few pieces away now we are about 10 pieces away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well we must build to win the NFCW - and our division is pretty stacked and young - don’t see it but I’m just a so and so who wants to run well to open up more effective pass game and protect the defense - I think we have the pass ingredients in the oven - but it will not rise and will collapse into a air red flatbread - kind of tough to chew and impossible to swallow

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
IMO the window is not close. We have too many holes to fix in one off season and draft, we are looking at 3 years easy until we are a playoff team. If we draft like we have been drafting it may take longer. We wont have the most money available and we haven given no reason for a FA to come here. I’d rather go to Indy, the giants, Baltimore or jags. Those teams are only a few pieces away now we are about 10 pieces away.

Your only chance in this situation is to promote being part of a fresh start and reinvigorating the franchise... and we're mired in old decisions no matter what we do.

Well, that and, "here's a bunch of money," but that just reminds me of Pete Kendall and makes me feel sad.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We’ve squandered a year of Murray’s cost control. Wasted it on fixing the sins of the past. Murray might not be ready to actually lead a top 15 offense until 2021.

the problem with taking a QB with so little experience is it’s almost impossible to project him forward. Best case is he’s a more accurate Russell Wilson. Worst case he’s Mobile Mark Sanchez.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I can’t fathom this team making the playoffs next year either...As much as I don’t want to admit it 2021 doesn’t seem really feasible either. In year 4 of Kyler Murray (2022) if the GM (whoever that may be) can build through the draft I think there will finally be a window, though it may close quickly as Kyler will be moving off his rookie deal.

OP
OP
R

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score

It is closer than you think. Teams go from worst to first every year. Were are going t have about 100m to spend in the offseason. We are gonna fix some holes.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It is closer than you think. Teams go from worst to first every year. Were are going t have about 100m to spend in the offseason. We are gonna fix some holes.

If you look at the cap and how many players we have under contract next year we will have an off-season very similar to this past year in terms of caliber of FA. Yes teams go from worst to first but you either need an elite QB or an elite defense. We have neither.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't think the 3-4 year window with Kyle Murray is that important. If he meets expectations, wins some big games, and is happy as a Cardinal, I'm sure we can extend him with the salary cap. But, if it's less than that, maybe no team will want to give him a big contract just be cause he's Kyler Murray. Four games is way too early to talk about extending his contract down the road. Waiting 3 or 4 years to win is a long time in the NFL. Look at Vance Joseph. He went 5-11 followed by 6-10 as the Broncos head coach and got the boot. Look at RGIII who went from the saviour to a dud. I'm hoping for a quicker turnaround than 3-4 years. After last year's mess, I doubt that Michael Bidwill wants to wait that long either. A few key FA moves, a good draft, and few major injuries (or PED suspensions) can turn this thing around quicker than that. So far, Murray looks like could be the guy.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Things look bleak at this point.

But, can we truly evaluate the defense without PP and alford manning the corners? I'm not saying it's going to make a huge difference having them back, but it might help some.

I still feel like there's a decent chance the offense will be ready in 2020. It's the defense that I'm worried about, but I would ask everyone to be patient while the Cardinals get a few things sorted out.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Things look bleak at this point.

But, can we truly evaluate the defense without PP and alford manning the corners? I'm not saying it's going to make a huge difference having them back, but it might help some.

I still feel like there's a decent chance the offense will be ready in 2020. It's the defense that I'm worried about, but I would ask everyone to be patient while the Cardinals get a few things sorted out.

Well CW- this isn`t the Big12 and things aren`t so easy.KK and KM are learning that lesson and I hope they both figure things out.I still feel you are overly optimistic about 2020..IMO its going to take at least 2021 before this team plays 8-8 football.Too many questions,not enough draft picks to fix it all.Any FA `s who might even consider AZ will have to be massively overpaid to sign and we know how many of those deals worked out in the long run.IMO you build tusing the draft and add a compliementary player or 2 with a cheap signing or two.Its will be a process and since its likely going to happen then why not do it right.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Well CW- this isn`t the Big12 and things aren`t so easy.KK and KM are learning that lesson and I hope they both figure things out.I still feel you are overly optimistic about 2020..IMO its going to take at least 2021 before this team plays 8-8 football.Too many questions,not enough draft picks to fix it all.Any FA `s who might even consider AZ will have to be massively overpaid to sign and we know how many of those deals worked out in the long run.IMO you build tusing the draft and add a compliementary player or 2 with a cheap signing or two.Its will be a process and since its likely going to happen then why not do it right.

Good point, the days when getting top FAs to sign on in AZ appear to have closed. It's no longer a favored destination and even at it's zenith, it was never a top 5 destination. This team needs to build itself from the draft. Yeah, you can get a FA here and there who you would consider a top end FA and is looking for a big payday, but the team is going to have to overpay for them and where do you draw the line at how much is too much?

The other possible route is trades. Stock up on draft choices. Can they seriously look at what certain players presently on the roster can garner you in draft choices and is there value there?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The really sad part about all this is we are already talking about next season, 4 games into the season.
Its going to feel like there has been no Arizona Cardinals football in 3 years.

That is sad.

This is going to start to effect Mikey's wallet.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With a top pick and a large cap space, 2020 can be a good season if decent decisions are made. I know it is a big if but not all is lost for 2020.

I really think fans will stop caring about the product if Keim continues to be GM in 2020. You can only sell the same lie so many times.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA