Cards Cut Swearinger

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheese beef is right - at what point does Mike say enough is enough of this spending.
Team is horrible and you're going to leave the next GM with NOTHING to build with...so you can't exactly blame them for the first 3 years of failure -

Keim is like a guy who went to vegas lost all his initial money and went to the atm for money (he shouldn't have) and lost it....went back to the atm and pulled out more (now it's real bad) and lost it and went back to the atm ....lost it again and he's still in vegas gambling

He's only got 8 guys on the team that he's drafted his entire career. That's horrible!

Mike, stop his madness....he's a loser who's gonna dig this franchise a hole it'll take 10 years to get out of.

Mike should stop giving away the pens in the signings....he won't be able to afford them in a few weeks....as it is the ink on the contract they signed has barely dried before the player and the pen are gone.

Mike at the next signing, "Look we got you a pen for the signing, but if you're like the last crop of Keim signings, I want the pen back if you get cut before the 3rd game you play."

Reactions: Kai

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
so at a certain point, if you're Bidwill, aren't you FURIOUS that Keim has literally blown like 30 million dollars of your money... REAL MONEY... on Bradford who played 3 games, Swearinger who played 4 games and Crabtree who played... 1 game?! How the F does this fat, drunk idiot keep his job?

The answer is he doesn't. He's done barring some sort of miracle.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why didn't we bring back Tre Boston? At least he made plays. 3 ints and a fumble recovery last season. Boston only got a 1 year 3 million dollar contract from Carolina.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great.

Now who's not going to cover the tight end?
No doubt. I'm starting to think we should stop focusing on the tight end all together and bring a guy into the box and just blitz. Has to be just as effective.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It might be time to see if some other veteran players are tradeable for draft picks or younger players who have some promise. Peters,Shipley,Humphries,Hicks,etc; .Just saying its something to think about and could possibly free up some CAP cash.This team isn`t going anywhere so why not consider dealing some big dollar guys before things possibly get worse and they lose whatever value they have.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Holy Christ. The defense is going down like the *ucking Hindenburg lol...

ESPN depth chart shows that #35 Deionte Thompson will be starting at SS next week. 6' 1", 195 from the university of Alabama.

Chris (twang if you like me) Banjo will be his back up.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I like most about the move is that it is going to show what the Thompsons can do over the remainder of the season. If one balls out, we are set. If neither do, we know we need to address it in the offseason.

We also could have done that with Swearinger on the bench for depth.

Maybe they approached him with that idea and he asked out?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It might be time to see if some other veteran players are tradeable for draft picks or younger players who have some promise. Peters,Shipley,Humphries,Hicks,etc; .Just saying its something to think about and could possibly free up some CAP cash.This team isn`t going anywhere so why not consider dealing some big dollar guys before things possibly get worse and they lose whatever value they have.
People keep bringing up Humphries name in terms of him leaving...at this point, I will be shocked if he is NOT on the Cardinals roster next year.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
So just have a bunch of bums and 21 year olds on the team?

So I can hear you guys complain about the new GM or Kliff not getting us any wins with that kind of roster?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude doesnt tackle. he thinks football is nothing but trying to get a big shoulder hit. cant cover. garbage.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
will the Cards be willing to pay him going rate for a Left tackle?
I cant' see why not at this point. They have to maximize the talent around Murray as quickly as possible. Adding a hole at LT when you have money to pay that spot 12 mil per year, and you could use draft picks for other spots to support Murray or improve the defense. I could see them re-signing Humphries and still drafting a LT in round 1. I could see them re-signing Humphries to be able to trade back in round 1. I could see them re-signing Humphries and taking a top pass rusher or WR. A bunch of options are available if you keep Humphries on the roster and with a rookie QB deal, the money won't kill you.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So just have a bunch of bums and 21 year olds on the team?

So I can hear you guys complain about the new GM or Kliff not getting us any wins with that kind of roster?

So you are happy paying some underproducing veterans to lose instead of seeing how some of the young talent could develop?Are you capable of looking a bit more towards the future instead of running in place doing not a freaking thing?The team is going to take its lumps this season and probably next year too,so finding out who can play would give a heads up before the draft and FA nxt offseason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA