Should probably trade PP

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, for those clamoring for picks after trading known talent, Raider fans would like a word with you about Mack and Cooper
Those two players wouldn't make up for the extreme deficiencies that that raiders team put out there either.. I would argue that team is far more competent than last year. Just like us. Imo

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s good enough to keep but wants out and has said/done things to diminish his trade value. I can see arguments for both sides though

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct answer. Give him a 4-year 70 mil contract.

I just don't get this... at all. He's going to be on the wrong side of 31 by the time his next contract comes around, hasn't shown that the PEDs he was on last season (and who knows how long before) were what made him rebound from that super sluggish 2016 season and by the time we're good again, he'd either going to be an old man or not on the team because he obvious harbors A LOT of animosity towards the franchise and probably goes somewhere else.

This kind of thinking reminds me of people not being able to see problems until it's too late because they're clinging to the past... defending Keim after the previous two year's garbage moves, not seeing two years ago that DJ wasn't the same DJ before we gave him his extension, etc. etc.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could definitely see Keim giving Peterson a 4/70m contract.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I just don't get this... at all. He's going to be on the wrong side of 31 by the time his next contract comes around, hasn't shown that the PEDs he was on last season (and who knows how long before) were what made him rebound from that super sluggish 2016 season and by the time we're good again, he'd either going to be an old man or not on the team because he obvious harbors A LOT of animosity towards the franchise and probably goes somewhere else.

This kind of thinking reminds me of people not being able to see problems until it's too late because they're clinging to the past... defending Keim after the previous two year's garbage moves, not seeing two years ago that DJ wasn't the same DJ before we gave him his extension, etc. etc.

Good point considering he knew what he took was illegal and got busted trying to mask it. You can’t exactly write it off as an honest mistake.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, for those clamoring for picks after trading known talent, Raider fans would like a word with you about Mack and Cooper

do you not see the MASSIVE difference between PP who's 29 and coming off being busted for performance enhancers and Mack and Cooper who were both 25 years old and not even in their prime?

Again, PP is going to 31 by the end of his deal, he has shown a ton of animosity against the team and we don't know whether his bounce back from a sluggish 2016 was because of PEDs. His situation is NOTHING like Mack and Cooper, both of which were super young, neither of which had PED issues.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Look guys, trading Peterson or Johnson is not the answer because they are actually part of the solution... it's the damn draft picks which make up the majority of a teams' success which is about Keim going into full blown Al Davis and the measurables component

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
The Seahawks shipped Sherman off at the right time, albeit from injury, I believe we are going to do the same with PP. I'm predicting a second round pick. When is the last time a guy over 30/CB, was traded for a first round pick...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson will be a stud for probably the next four years... go ahead and play stupid guys and talk about trading him

stupid would be listening to the same people who couldn't see Keim was a disaster TWO years ago and couldn't see the obvious changes in DJ until this season even though the red flags were there during Game 1 of the 2017 season and then were everywhere from the start of last season.

stop living in the past and use just a LITTLE foresight for once.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Peterson could be a transcendent safety in the last two years of a four-year extension. Need to see him play back first, though.
Be honest.

What is the percentage you give Peterson resigning with us?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Be honest.

What is the percentage you give Peterson resigning with us?
80. For whatever reason, Chandler Jones hasn’t inspired the fan base, and Peterson remains the franchises best draft pick since Fitz. He’s a charismatic dude; I wouldn’t be surprised if he has the ear of Michael Bidwill, too.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Have you seen how we have struggled on every facet of d this year?
So trading away the top cb in the league will help? Every team in the nfl is desperate for pass rushers and shut down cbs. Peterson is one of the very very few cbs that will follow at wr1 around the field because he is dominant.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
80. For whatever reason, Chandler Jones hasn’t inspired the fan base, and Peterson remains the franchises best draft pick since Fitz. He’s a charismatic dude; I wouldn’t be surprised if he has the ear of Michael Bidwill, too.

If he has MB's ear, maybe he can get rid of Keim.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Yea, maybe that team throws in a 6th & a 2021 4th as well.

He’s not fetching a 1st & a 2nd. He’s not Jalen Ramsey. He’s not 24 in his prime.

Take that offer in a hurry if someone does it.

Hopefully, it’s a different GM making those picks.
Hes not Jalen ramsey, he is a much better. Threads like this drive me crazy. Hes a HOF football players. Hes 1 pro bowl appearance for most in nfl history.
You extend him. We will have plenty of $ to rebuild the rest of the d around peterson and jones.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
They won 3 games with him last year
Yea, we asked the top shutdown cb to play zone. Same reason why ramsey asked to be traded, it's a waste to play the guy in a zone.

We also tried to play a 4 3 with a front 7 designed for a 3 4 last year. It was dumb.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So trading away the top cb in the league will help? Every team in the nfl is desperate for pass rushers and shut down cbs. Peterson is one of the very very few cbs that will follow at wr1 around the field because he is dominant.

The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. That's what comes to mind with successful teams compared to meddling teams. Imo.