What2Watch4: SEA @ ARI

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here are five things I'm going to be looking for on Sunday's tilt:

1. Check Yo' Head - The most important thing right now is that Kyler Murray continues to build his game up — he has to improve in his decision-making and mechanics and everything else — but he also has to remain mentally strong. It's easy to say that baseball has helped him to deal with failure — until you're looking down the barrel of four winless games and three straight losses. I'm going to be keeping an eye on Murray's body language in the third and fourth quarter.

2. Stacks & Stacks & Stacks - Seattle's run defense remains very stout (6th in DVOA), but their air defense is uncharacteristically porous (17th). Kingsbury is going to run those 4 WR sets until someone makes him stop, and he'd be smart to spread the field.

3. Safeties First - Seattle's passing offense is top notch (4th in DVOA), and their run game is garbage (19th). Defensive coordinator Vance Joseph likes to keep guys in their positions — safeties are safeties and corners are corners. I'd flood the zone with defensive backs and dare Seattle to run.

4. Invasion of the 12s - The amount of Seattle fans who have invaded our stadium the last few years has been embarrassing. Hopefully, Arizona Cardinals fans can show out for this game. I'm convinced the home crowd made a difference against the Lions, and they'll need to make a difference again this week.

5. A Bunch of Little Things - David Johnson continues to take criticism for being an average running back being paid like an elite player. The biggest flaw in Johnson's game, though, is his disinterest in pass blocking. The mistake Keim made in extending DJ was doing so before he'd shown that he could fix this particular hole. Blocking for a running back is all about study, desire and attitude. If David Johnson leveled a couple of blitzing linebackers, it would go a long way toward winning back some fans.

Prediction: SeaChickens 30, Arizona Cardinals 24

You must be registered for see images attach

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice piece.

Gotta question.

Seattle was down to 2 TEs on their depth chart. Then they just traded away one of the two.

Am I missing something or are they down to 1 TE and doesn't that make them vulnerable?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Here are five things I'm going to be looking for on Sunday's tilt:

1. Check Yo' Head - The most important thing right now is that Kyler Murray continues to build his game up — he has to improve in his decision-making and mechanics and everything else — but he also has to remain mentally strong. It's easy to say that baseball has helped him to deal with failure — until you're looking down the barrel of four winless games and three straight losses. I'm going to be keeping an eye on Murray's body language in the third and fourth quarter.

2. Stacks & Stacks & Stacks - Seattle's run defense remains very stout (6th in DVOA), but their air defense is uncharacteristically porous (17th). Kingsbury is going to run those 4 WR sets until someone makes him stop, and he'd be smart to spread the field.

3. Safeties First - Seattle's passing offense is top notch (4th in DVOA), and their run game is garbage (19th). Defensive coordinator Vance Joseph likes to keep guys in their positions — safeties are safeties and corners are corners. I'd flood the zone with defensive backs and dare Seattle to run.

4. Invasion of the 12s - The amount of Seattle fans who have invaded our stadium the last few years has been embarrassing. Hopefully, Arizona Cardinals fans can show out for this game. I'm convinced the home crowd made a difference against the Lions, and they'll need to make a difference again this week.

5. A Bunch of Little Things - David Johnson continues to take criticism for being an average running back being paid like an elite player. The biggest flaw in Johnson's game, though, is his disinterest in pass blocking. The mistake Keim made in extending DJ was doing so before he'd shown that he could fix this particular hole. Blocking for a running back is all about study, desire and attitude. If David Johnson leveled a couple of blitzing linebackers, it would go a long way toward winning back some fans.

Prediction: SeaChickens 30, Arizona Cardinals 24

You must be registered for see images attach
You get a like just for the pic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson