Ouch - Bickley Eviscerates Keim

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea he shares blame with Bidwill, Micheal that is - old man had different flaws.

This is watchable, would like to see KK take over after BA instead of Wilkes - that was a big turnover over players last year.

Whiz took us to the Super Bowl with Dennis Green talent, not rod graves, dennis green built that roster. Wish Green would have had another year to turn it around.

No run no win - is my opinion - when we made the playoffs we ran well - and died each time we stopped running - every time. Just the damned truth.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My recall isn't that great but wasn't the nail in the coffin for Graves when we traded a 2nd and Cromartie for Kolb and it didn't work out? SKs job probably hangs in the balance of KK and KM having an impressive offense developed by by the end of the year. If the offense doesn't start showing out what else can Kiem hang his hat on?

The6

All Star
Reaction score
He didn't rip on Keim enough in my opinion, however good podcast. He seems knowledgeable enough.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea he shares blame with Bidwill, Micheal that is - old man had different flaws.

This is watchable, would like to see KK take over after BA instead of Wilkes - that was a big turnover over players last year.

Whiz took us to the Super Bowl with Dennis Green talent, not rod graves, dennis green built that roster. Wish Green would have had another year to turn it around.

No run no win - is my opinion - when we made the playoffs we ran well - and died each time we stopped running - every time. Just the damned truth.

Yes, MB, BA, and SK shoulder the blame as to where we currently stand from a talent level. No matter what sport, the biggest mistake that franchises make are standing pat & thinking that the window of championship opportunity is still open. If the ball bounced our way, we were a legit threat during BA's first few years. After that, the window slammed shut. BASK convinced MB that the window was still open & we made decisions that left us old & slow. BA eventually knew that & bailed.

FYI, no one would argue that Denny Green was a great talent evaluator. He should have been our GM instead of our HC. And yes, even in a so called Air Raid offense, you absolutely better have the ability to run the ball. In any offense, you better be able to run the ball. Everyone on this board know your love of the running game. And for what it's worth, I don't think many disagree with you.

Diverdan

Reaction score
Until this team shows it can stop the run, it will continue to loose.
It begins and ends with the lines. Obvious I know, but it bears repeating.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
This both funny and sad to me funny because of the way a lot of people were predicting Playoffs or Super Bowl after the offseason sad because the flaws that were so obvious to us longtime watchers of Cardinal football were overlooked by so many

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Really hard to see how Keim survives past this season... Even if we put aside how we "feel" about the guy, his record of underperformance is now beyond alarming. Mike B. will not let this go on much longer and certainly not another year beyond this season...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I, along with every poster, love Larry Fitzgerald. But it can be argued that the Big Bucks we are paying him, has kept us from pursuing FA's that might have improved the roster more than Larry. And now that he has gotten off to a very good start, I'm guessing he'll be back next season. Any chance he'll give us a Tom Brady discount?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I, along with every poster, love Larry Fitzgerald. But it can be argued that the Big Bucks we are paying him, has kept us from pursuing FA's that might have improved the roster more than Larry. And now that he has gotten off to a very good start, I'm guessing he'll be back next season. Any chance he'll give us a Tom Brady discount?
Not when we have a number in dead money that is almost three times what Larry makes.

Him and Chandler are the only two worth the big bucks they are getting right now.

Also..... Isn't Brady making more than Fitz?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This both funny and sad to me funny because of the way a lot of people were predicting Playoffs or Super Bowl after the offseason sad because the flaws that were so obvious to us longtime watchers of Cardinal football were overlooked by so many

who were these people? I remember a few posters saying this team could top out at 9 wins and be “in the hunt” come December, but no one credible was predicting Super Bowl.

IMO, anything fewer than five wins should be unacceptable; we didn’t start at that low a baseline this season.

Id love it if the CBA could include a Bird exemption that would carve out cap space for a player who has been with the team for 8+ years (basically a third contract only counts 2/3rds against the cap. I think it would be good for all.

but we have like $30 million in dead cap. Keim’s bad signings is what has kept us from signing more or better players.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not when we have a number in dead money that is almost three times what Larry makes.

Him and Chandler are the only two worth the big bucks they are getting right now.

Also..... Isn't Brady making more than Fitz?

You beat me to it, Dr. Jones.

My sentiments EXACTLY

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well if you thought it was doom and gloom in here now.....if the Cardinals lose to Seattle the season is officially over. There's no way this team is going to come back from 4 games down in the division.
It'll be an all time low - knocked out of the playoffs in September.
Heads should roll
The good news is you can go to any other game in State Farm Stadium for $5.
The Pitt game will be more away fans than home fans.....and this Seattle game will be close to 50/50.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Because I'm obligated to check every week, our new dead money figure is.....

$38,219,392

In other words, enough dead money to pay two elite skill-position players.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

$38,219,392

And that would make us a playoff team in most years even with the holes we have on defense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

$38,219,392

This is his biggest crime in my opinion. He actually hasn’t drafted bad at all but in free agency and handing out money the last two years have been ugly.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is his biggest crime in my opinion. He actually hasn’t drafted bad at all but in free agency and handing out money the last two years have been ugly.

On what planet is 9 starters in 7 years (53 picks) solid drafting, especially when 3 are from this year, are starting because of injuries/suspensions, and a whopping two are on their second contract, which wouldn't be the case if anyone at all offered Rodney Gunter a dime?

It's been an unmitigated disaster, and I'm only going with the picks he actually made, not the ones he traded away in complete wastes like a 3rd and a 5th for Rosen, who we immediately moved on from?