El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I watched the start of both of those series (and Breaking Bad) but never finished any of them. I loved Dexter, it lost me after a few seasons though. I both liked and disliked GOT - my wife simply hated it, so we only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes. Having read the first 4 books though I was comfortable skipping the show, it was well done but it's not really our cup of tea.

As for Breaking Bad, I've watched but can't get past the first episode and I've watched it 3 times now. I've got no complaints about it, it just didn't work for me although I'm sure I'll give it at least one more try given how popular the show has been and the fact we are huge fans of Jonathan Banks.
I had trouble getting started with breaking bad too. But once I was five episodes in I was totally - and I mean TOTALLY - hooked. The whole show was that good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walking Dead is another series I've never seen.

I guess it's an acquired taste but I dropped out after awhile.

I mostly watch documentaries, history, reality television (that's mostly real like Expedition Unknown) and of course lots of sports.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Dexter, it lost me after a few seasons though.

Dexter seasons 1-4 was amazing.

Beyond that it was good in parts but lacking something as a whole. I know they changed up the showrunner and writers and it was very noticeable.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breaking Bad ran 24 hours all weekend a few years back and I binge watched it all weekend. I seldom get riveted to something like this but it had me early on.

In regard to Dexter, I could never bring myself to watch a series that had a serial killer as the star. For some reason I never could get into GOT.
Zackly my sentiments.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I had trouble getting started with breaking bad too. But once I was five episodes in I was totally - and I mean TOTALLY - hooked. The whole show was that good.

I started BB when it first came out. Stopped after the episode where the bathtab comes crashing down. That didn't bother me, it just wasn't interesting to me. When the whole series was put on Netflix(when the series ended), I started watching it over again. Like you said, after the 3rd - 5th episode, I was totally hooked and couldn't stop binge watching it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same with me, never seen Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, GOT. I did watch all 96 episodes of Dexter... couple seasons in the middle were funky but it was good stuff, imo.

So this El Camino movie from Breaking Bad is having a limited showing in an Albq movie theater. I bought tix to see it on the big screen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same with me, never seen Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, GOT. I did watch all 96 episodes of Dexter... couple seasons in the middle were funky but it was good stuff, imo.

So this El Camino movie from Breaking Bad is having a limited showing in an Albq movie theater. I bought tix to see it on the big screen.

I never realized until now we have at least two people from Albuquerque on the forum.

Some smart people I know are from there. :cool:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never realized until now we have at least two people from Albuquerque on the forum.

Some smart people I know are from there. :cool:

Yours truly would be excluded from the smart people cadre, I assume. Ronin and BurqueCardFan are the other 2 I know about.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours truly would be excluded from the smart people cadre, I assume. Ronin and BurqueCardFan are the other 2 I know about.

Wow. That's three from Albuquerque. There must be something good in the water there.

Anyone that is a fan of Billy Idol gets a thumbs up. :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude... if you've never seen Breaking Bad, you're probably gonna be totally lost watching that movie.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You better get to binging breaking bad first!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
looks interesting. Lots of people wanted to know where Jessie's story took him.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man. Ive forgotten so much. I assume we know why his back is all scarred up. Ill have to rewatch a little bit of breaking bad or something before this.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be watching for for huge bad fan! Grimes movie breaking bad movie Netflix rules!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a worthy extension to this series. Absolutely fantastic.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to watch this week! Now I'm really excited!

its 2 hours long. Try to start it before midnight unlike me lol.

I fell asleep for a few minutes two different times but it wasnt the shows fault.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was decent. Answered some questions.

Only thing that kept throwing me off was how different Plemons looked from the time he was on the show. Meth Damon puffed up a bit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... this was wholly unnecessary. well done, but super meh overall.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So its a movie and not a series?