Kyler Murray Stat Line

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

All those expectations of many on the board are what's causing this push back. Nothing more, nothing less.
Uh why? Some glea in I-told-you-so-ism?

I was one of the first darksiders. I never felt any glea in coming back to the board to gloat about being right about my views. Seems petty.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I was one of the first darksiders. I never felt any glea in coming back to the board to gloat about being right about my views. Seems petty.
There's a little satisfaction in it when I spent the summer with people calling me out for liking Kirk Cousins, saying I was a troll, claiming I knew nothing about football, proclaiming I wasn't a fan...

I felt like enemy number one on a board I normally heavily enjoy and now at the very least, everyone has come back down to earth with their expectations and we can talk about what it's actually going to take for this team to start showing some success, whether it's through player/coaching development or making personnel moves.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's a little satisfaction in it when I spent the summer with people calling me out for liking Kirk Cousins, saying I was a troll, claiming I knew nothing about football, proclaiming I wasn't a fan...

I felt like enemy number one on a board I normally heavily enjoy and now at the very least, everyone has come back down to earth with their expectations and we can talk about what it's actually going to take for this team to start showing some success, whether it's through player/coaching development or making personnel moves.
You have no idea how many times cheese and I have had our fandom questioned, been told we weren’t real fans, etc. it is what it is.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Carolina was winless coming in and Kyle Allen outplayed Kyler. Whatever the advanced metrics say in this game are to be taken with a grain of salt

Kyler didn't play against our defense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Instead of stepping up and avoiding the rush, he tries to spin out of the pressure and that rarely works. Hes also needs to learn when to give up on a play; he did it a few times in the first half, but started pressing once he got down.

This really can't be overstated. The line hasn't helped but Kyler has taken way too many sacks. Especially since he is so mobile.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

What's glea? :)

It isn't "I told you so-ism." I've said on numerous occasions how I hated being right, but that KM isn't God. And yes, by some posters, he was hyped THAT much. I mean, posters literally had him in the Hall of Fame before the preseason, because he was already better than HOF players (supposedly). THAT created this current toxic environment, at least for me, no doubt about it. Of course he isn't that good yet, and he shouldn't be. He's going through tons of growing pains, as he should be. He's also showing some flashes that he'll be better, which is heartening. But, man, the sickening summer KM slobber fest is still grating.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You have no idea how many times cheese and I have had our fandom questioned, been told we weren’t real fans, etc. it is what it is.
Pfft.

No real fan would say that.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
From NFL.com:

"On Sunday against the Panthers, Murray threw for 173 yards on 30 completions. According to ESPN Stats & Information, that is the lowest yardage total in a game for a QB with at least 30 completions in the Super Bowl era. "

But to be fair, to dropped passes get caught and that would have helped those numbers.

But, that is yet another record of ineptitude for the Cardinals.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Actually, most of the craters would be from Rosen's overthrown passes. Will be funny when the Dolphins take a QB #1 and he's out of the league after another year.

I'm not personally one to bash Rosen, but when compared objectively....... He still can't get close to the accuracy level Kyler is showing. Short, long, whatever.

Both have horrible O-Lines, and both played behind this line for a bit now. Rosen was 18 for 39 on Sunday. At one point Kyler was 26 for 32 and finished 30 for 43 I think.

Josh's ypa were almost identical to Kylers yet he only completed 46% of his passes?
Last year Josh's ypa were the same as Kylers on Sunday. 5.8. Yet he was only 55% completion all of last year? That's a large sample of 400 throws folks.

Comparing the two will never make it close. Even on Kylers worst day as a pro (so far).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From NFL.com:

"On Sunday against the Panthers, Murray threw for 173 yards on 30 completions. According to ESPN Stats & Information, that is the lowest yardage total in a game for a QB with at least 30 completions in the Super Bowl era. "

But to be fair, to dropped passes get caught and that would have helped those numbers.

at least he set another record?

He melted down in the 4th, but was pretty dynamite through 3 quarters with two just MASSIVE drops that would have seriously effected that stat line.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From NFL.com:

Let’s be honest. The Cardinals game planned to dink & dunk, because the film on Carolina indicated that was the best approach. We had 2 long td drives using this approach & it worked like a charm. It also ate up a large chunk of time, which kept our pathetic D off the field. Once Carolina started to make adjustments in their D, we went deep & had them beat. Unfortunately, Kirk drops a 60 yard pass. That was a great strategy & it should have worked. K1 dropped that ball beautifully into his arms. We also completely fooled the Carolina D with the pass to Sherfield. He wasn’t wide open by chance. You just have to catch that pass. Those 2 plays were drawn up spectacularly, and yet they cost us the opportunity to win the game.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. The Cardinals game planned to dink & dunk, because the film on Carolina indicated that was the best approach. We had 2 long td drives using this approach & it worked like a charm. It also ate up a large chunk of time, which kept our pathetic D off the field. Once Carolina started to make adjustments in their D, we went deep & had them beat. Unfortunately, Kirk drops a 60 yard pass. That was a great strategy & it should have worked. K1 dropped that ball beautifully into his arms. We also completely fooled the Carolina D with the pass to Sherfield. He wasn’t wide open by chance. You just have to catch that pass. Those 2 plays were drawn up spectacularly, and yet they cost us the opportunity to win the game.
Everyone that rewatches the tape sees that our D stopped Carolina just twice and both times it was Chandler jones. And the third time they didn't get in FG range before half. That is not going to cut it as a D. If they stop Carolina just 2 times more, we win that game. Probably if they stop them after Sherfield drops the ball we win it. But coulda shoulda woulda doesn't help, we lost against a Backup QB, again.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I've maintained.. Just give me a future Russell Wilson lite player and I'll be happy. I think that is extremely doable from what we've seen so far. Imo

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk drops a 60 yard pass. That was a great strategy & it should have worked. K1 dropped that ball beautifully into his arms. We also completely fooled the Carolina D with the pass to Sherfield.

Does anyone have video/gif links to these 2 passes?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Game freaking three, again the third freaking actual game for a rookie QB with a rookie head coach and a crap the bed OL. You realize we live in the age of momentary stupid where there are no repercussions for wrongfully mouthing off. Sure, Daniel Jones plays one game against the Bucs and the media already is making a case that he's better than Kyler or Baker. You know Mahomes according to some has done enough to challenge Brady and Brees in prestige. Murray is a franchise QB... time for the Cardinals to make sure they don't blow this one

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Game freaking three, again the third freaking actual game for a rookie QB with a rookie head coach and a crap the bed OL. You realize we live in the age of momentary stupid where there are no repercussions for wrongfully mouthing off. Sure, Daniel Jones plays one game against the Bucs and the media already is making a case that he's better than Kyler or Baker. You know Mahomes according to some has done enough to challenge Brady and Brees in prestige. Murray is a franchise QB... time for the Cardinals to make sure they don't blow this one
So its been decided KM is a franchise QB ?So far we have seen a wildly inconsistent QB .So that observation is as accurate as the proclamation of being a franchise QB.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PFF ranks him 20th, 17th in terms ESPN Total QBR
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I also think a lot of QBs have struggled this year so it might not tell the whole story.

Still for being awful for 3 Qrts against the Lions and late in the 3rd/4th Qrt against the Panthers its not too bad.

If he can start putting 4 Qrts together I think he can finish in the top 12 to 15. Then again I don't expect Goff and a few others to be subpar all year...though I certainly wouldn't mind.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
What's glea? :)

It isn't "I told you so-ism." I've said on numerous occasions how I hated being right, but that KM isn't God. And yes, by some posters, he was hyped THAT much. I mean, posters literally had him in the Hall of Fame before the preseason, because he was already better than HOF players (supposedly). THAT created this current toxic environment, at least for me, no doubt about it. Of course he isn't that good yet, and he shouldn't be. He's going through tons of growing pains, as he should be. He's also showing some flashes that he'll be better, which is heartening. But, man, the sickening summer KM slobber fest is still grating.

I got to agree 100% with this. When our idiot local media continues to throw around the word “ transcendent “ before game one, it was sickening and is setting this dude up for failure. Makes the guy hard to like honestly.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I got to agree 100% with this. When our idiot local media continues to throw around the word “ transcendent “ before game one, it was sickening and is setting this dude up for failure. Makes the guy hard to like honestly.
I just can never understand this line of thinking. Why on earth does the media liking one of the players on your team cause you to not like the player?

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I just can never understand this line of thinking. Why on earth does the media liking one of the players on your team cause you to not like the player?

It’s like being fed a line of bs when you know it’s bs...this media here does it with the Suns, Dbacks and Cardinals...overhype to the point of being nauseating.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It’s like being fed a line of bs when you know it’s bs...this media here does it with the Suns, Dbacks and Cardinals...overhype to the point of being nauseating.
Okay and what does that have to do with liking or disliking Murray? I choose to like or dislike a player based on what that player does, not what the media says about them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Okay and what does that have to do with liking or disliking Murray? I choose to like or dislike a player based on what that player does, not what the media says about them.
I don't know about the media there, I clearly don't live in Phoenix anymore, but it feels like your parents picking you up early from school to go to Disneyland and instead getting your wisdom teeth out.

That's a bit extreme with Kyler, but it's the first #1 overall pick in our franchise's history, and people/posters were screaming praise from the heavens like he couldn't fail.

"He might really put this together, let's give him a chance," is for a guy you take at #10-#20, not the #1 overall pick in the draft, who is ideally supposed to be so overwhelmingly great that every other team would have chosen him if they had the chance. It still feels like the Cardinals took a guy not every other team - even with need at QB - would have chosen first.