Some positives

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler is on pace for a 4,000 yards passing, 400 yards rushing, 20 TD, 15 INT season.

Fitz is on pace for 90 catches, 1250 yards, and 10 TDs.

Kirk is on pace for 100 catches and 1000 yards.

The team is averaging 21.3 points a game of offense. At this point last season, we had scored 20 points total.

Last year at this point, we had 396 yards of passing offense. We're at 731 now, nearly double.

We've rushed for 253 yards at 4.5 clip; last season was 175 at 3.6.

Defensively, we're worse, but I'm interested to see how we rebound once PP is back.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler is on pace for a 4,000 yards passing, 400 yards rushing, 20 TD, 15 INT season.

The team is averaging 21.3 points a game of offense. At this point last season, we had scored 20 points total.

Last year at this point, we had 396 yards of passing offense. We're at 731 now, nearly double.

Defensively, we're worse, but I'm interested to see how we rebound once PP is back.
Good positive post, as bad as we looked on offense in the 4th quarter yesterday, the Redskins look worse. They're supposed to have an "NFL" style offense & it ain't working either lol. Obviously I'm watching the Monday night football game right now. Our defense will be better when we get both starting CB's back, how much better, I don't really know? The OL is a major problem also, they didn't give KM much protection yesterday & that's sad considering the Panthers were getting all that pressure just rushing 4 guys. If I were KK, I'd start using a TE to help the weakest OT, chip block (helping) then release into the flat or down the seam?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff and Kyler, while they have their flaws and poor play at times, have this offense playing way over it's head. The surrounding talent is not there. Those two are the only significant difference between last season and this season.

Until Keim is fired and a competent talent evaluator is brought in, they will continue to shoulder an enormous load.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
PP will help a little but we have a lot of glaring holes on defense

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Isn't Kyler also on a pace to win no games?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am much more positive about the offense, and equally scared about our defense. I hope the return of PP will allow us to have better flexibility with who covers who. Run D that’s another issue all by itself

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Miami picks Tua we will be in pole position for Andrew Thomas.

If we get the 1st pick again do we still go QB?
Don't need a QB Kyler is our QBOTF. Need to get some protection for him a LT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's not just the numbers

Remember, week one was one of the best offensive weeks we had ALL last year. We actually got WORSE later in the season. This year's team is WAY better on passing offense. They just have to bring it on the run game. I have no problem how the offense is playing, especially with a new head coach and new QB, both with learning curves.

The defense is bad. But I think it's play calling, or scheme bad. I do think it can be better. We obviously don't have guys, aside from Chandler Jones, that can win one on one battles in the front seven. We need to mix in some blitz's, move Jones around more, or something.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good positive post, as bad as we looked on offense in the 4th quarter yesterday, the Redskins look worse. They're supposed to have an "NFL" style offense & it ain't working either lol. Obviously I'm watching the Monday night football game right now. Our defense will be better when we get both starting CB's back, how much better, I don't really know? The OL is a major problem also, they didn't give KM much protection yesterday & that's sad considering the Panthers were getting all that pressure just rushing 4 guys. If I were KK, I'd start using a TE to help the weakest OT, chip block (helping) then release into the flat or down the seam?

The Panthers had success rushing 4 in the 4th quarter, because they KNEW we had to pass & could pin back their ears & bring it. That would happen with almost any team in desperation time that has to be one dimensional.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Miami picks Tua we will be in pole position for Andrew Thomas.

If we get the 1st pick again do we still go QB?

Are you blind? This is just another example of the stupid comments that have made their way on this board. Understand, I'm not calling you stupid. Just that comment.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, but it takes a team to win. A rookie QB isn’t going to single handily carry a bad team to wins.

And yet we know that every QB is saddled with a W-L record of his team regardless of quality of that team.

I don't expect the Cardinals to lose every game but merely pointed out that if we are playing the projection game, Kyler is on pace for 0.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Kyler is going to the Hall of Fame per your projection.

Did I say that? It's comments like yours that create tension we currently see on this board. The fact of the matter is that rookie QB's (especially those chosen by crappy teams) shouldn't be judged solely on their team's record. Peyton Manning was statistically awful his rookie season, as were the Indy Colts that season. The same can be said of Aikman. Statistically, K1 is head and shoulders playing better than the above examples.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I’m glad I wasn’t on here for the Leinart/Warner show. The quality has went down dramatically since May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA