Polarized Thinking Has Taken Over this Board and I'm Sick of It

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I've been posting for over 14 years on this board. I've met some amazing people and have furbished some strong friendships. In fact, I was in Florida this weekend staying with Arizona's Finest and his family, and watched the game w/ him.

I was here for crowning the Bears. The contentious Warner/Leinart debate. Levi Brown. I was here for Kolb/Skelton. I was here for Drew Stanton needing to replace Carson Palmer. I've had some lively discussions with some on here and said some regrettable things and have been appropriately reprimanded by Mods. But I've never felt that the overall decorum of the board was suffering. I've had many drag down, knock out arguments w/ @kerouac9 and @Chopper0080 , but have grown to respect them and their input tremendously.

This Murray situation has brought out the absolute worst in board members, including me.

Everyone is divided one way or the other that it leaves zero room for grey area. You're either in love with Kyler Murray or you hate him. If you provide any constructive criticism, you're considered a hater and not a fan of the team. If you excuse his play, you're in love with him and want to have his children

I'm not going to name names, because we're a family here. But since we are a family unit, we should all, including myself, take a glimpse in the mirror and recognize how our contributions to this wonderful message board are impacting its overall quality, either positively or negatively, because it has officially gone off the rails. Never before have I considered jumping ship, but for the first time, I actually considered peacing out. I'm not going to do that because I believe we can all chill out and respect each other.

Again, I'm not saying that I'm in the clear, because I've said some things to others that I wish I could take back, but as a veteran of this board, I feel at least responsible for bringing to light the negativity and how it is being perceived by myself and other prominent veterans on this board.

All I ask is to learn to respect one another's opinion, engage in constructive debate, and recognize at the end of the day, we all want one thing and that's for this organization to be successful. We just have different beliefs of what path we should take to get there.

So do me and this board a favor and recognize your contributions to this awesome message board and if you think you're going to type out something regrettable, walk away from your computer, tablet, or phone for five minutes and assess whether it is a good choice or a bad choice.

Love you guys.

Namaste.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The over the top reactions on here are quite the turnoff.

Not sure what people were expecting. I saw some great glimpses first half - good drives, good decisions. Defense was a letdown, but we are without our best player.

I dislike the whole "Dark_Side" negativity, but hey, I can ignore those threads. I don't like the pointless sniping or not relevant sarcasm

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You weren’t around in the early years. It’s been polarized like this before, it’s just been a long time. And I don’t think the entire board was ever polarized to this extent about a single player, which is nuts to me.

What I think the board lacks is a general sense of humor. Back in the dark ages we had battles on here but there was always humor attached. Then Section 11 left, and took the humor with him. Effin’ Section 11. All his fault.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I agree to some extent, everyone should keep from getting too personal or taking too much offense. I think it's important to try to not get myopically focused on one thing, which I know I've been guilty of.

We're all friends here, for the most part!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The entire culture of our country has gone this way. pick a side in the sand, draw a line and yell at each other about it until you die. Glad you are trying to not be a part of it.

But I cant stress enough, there is no need to leave. If you are being consistently badgered, block those who are. I have done it and it made this board so much better. It is what it is.

Then you can post here without someone spending an hour searching through the entire board history finding your posts, screen shotting them and throwing it in your face like everything you could ever say in your life is a permanent record and your opinion cant change or the like. (yes, I saw someone do that in the game day thread and made fun of them for it)

Personally, I DGAF if I am right or wrong about prospects, new players, old players and etc. To dig heels in and get polarizing over your fandom is weird to me.

I wanted us to build a better team around Rosen, we took Murray and now Murray is our QB so now I am a fan of his and it is what it is. Hopefully it works out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree to some extent, everyone should keep from getting too personal or taking too much offense. I think it's important to try to not get myopically focused on one thing, which I know I've been guilty of.

We're all friends here, for the most part!

People can be fans one way or another. The bigger problem is the name calling, insulting and angry keyboard warrior stances people take on a friendly conversation about a friggin sports team none of us play for.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe that humor has ever had a place on this board. This is serious f’ing business and don’t you forget it.

JTS

The board REALLY went downhill after you stopped being a regular.

In fact, I am going to pin the majority of the blame on you, JTS.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The over the top reactions on here are quite the turnoff.

Not sure what people were expecting. I saw some great glimpses first half - good drives, good decisions. Defense was a letdown, but we are without our best player.

I dislike the whole "Dark_Side" negativity, but hey, I can ignore those threads. I don't like the pointless sniping or not relevant sarcasm
Sounds like P & R.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is the theme of the controversy here, I have been happy when we drafted him and I think in a very difficult situation has shown enough to see a bright future ahead
I can understand some posters didn't like the pick but they seems to wait any struggle he has to move some criticism
But for what purpose? He is going to be our QB for some years and he did pretty well for a rookie after 3 games
Has been sacked 8 times yesterday, even if he played screen passes for the big part of the game
The offensive line is worse then last year, the receivers can't get separation and the defense is what it is, horrible
he has to do miracles to keep the team close in the score

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You weren’t around in the early years. It’s been polarized like this before, it’s just been a long time. And I don’t think the entire board was ever polarized to this extent about a single player, which is nuts to me.

What I think the board lacks is a general sense of humor. Back in the dark ages we had battles on here but there was always humor attached. Then Section 11 left, and took the humor with him. Effin’ Section 11. All his fault.

Whatever it was back then, you are still wrong.

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe a lot of Oklahoma / UCLA fan or anti-fans here? Perhaps its just racism. Kylers black, and Rosen was white (and jewish). Maybe folks resent Rosen being replaced for those reasons. *shrug*