"Gotta watch the film".

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What in the entire hell do you mean, "gotta watch the film". If you can't see out on the field for the course of 4 quarters that an eminently winnable game is slipping the hell away from you, then I don't know what to tell you fam. I can take that response for one, maybe two questions, but when your go to is you claiming you need to watch tape and aren't tuned in to what's happening to your team, on the field during the midst of action, that tells me your ill prepared to make adjustments, and content to continue to do the same thing over and over again. Ron Rivera took his behind to school yesterday, and it wasn't pretty. Please tell me where the wins are going to come from this year with this type of game management?!

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Game film = lack of execution, poor blocking, tackling, coverage, confusion in positioning/schemes, missed plays in critical parts of game, taking too many yards for loss leading to 2nd/3rds and 10+ ytg, rushing for 1-2 yrds. on first down, poor route reads because of collapsing pockets, sailing passes, stupid penalties by veteran leaders, getting schooled by Allen (144 passer rating) in a home game, home field crowd in shock and dismayed....He saw All if it!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Game film = lack of execution, poor blocking, tackling, coverage, confusion in positioning/schemes, missed plays in critical parts of game, taking too many yards for loss leading to 2nd/3rds and 10+ ytg, rushing for 1-2 yrds. on first down, poor route reads because of collapsing pockets, sailing passes, stupid penalties by veteran leaders....He saw All if it!
He had a front row seat to some bad football being played. Lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
it means he wants to know the details and review it with his team and iron it out vs saying anything to the media.

its just a game.

This, he is responsible for the team and not the fans. What's worse than 'coach speak' is not keeping things in house while the team is still playing hard for him... when you think they are not, it's because the few good players we have are surrounded by a lack of talent which falls on the GM and blaming the coach for not giving you a 'cure all' is funny

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look, I have many many times watched a game had one reaction, than rewatched and realized my first reaction was completely wrong.

If you have not had that experience, either you have never rewatched a game, or you are superhuman and should be the head of officiating.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We got beat by 18. Yes, it happened at home, and it happened against the opponent's second quarterback. That's discouraging, but Kingsbury isn't going to go on a tirade. He probably wasn't watching the defense most of the time. Big plays are usually the fault of one or two breakdowns.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not like he's going to start listing mistakes because then individual players start being thrown under the bus. Considering there is no way to go over every person who made a mistake, then it becomes a lockerroom issue of "Why single me out? Why not ___________ who played even worse?"

Besides, I once had a coach who always said, "The film doesn't lie." You think you played well, start watching the film and mistake after mistake is pointed out. There are also times you think you didn't play well, but watch the film and find out you didn't do THAT bad.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am on the flip side of this. I love the answer. It prevents him from having to call players out in the media, or looking stupid to the team on film day. Watching a game from the sideline is much different than seeing it from an all 22 vantage point.

It is like the Fitz pick. If Kingsbury blames Kyler and it was on Fitz, it is no good. If he blames Fitz and it was on Kyler, it is no good. Going to the film and hashing it out that way helps the players grow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am on the flip side of this. I love the answer. It prevents him from having to call players out in the media, or looking stupid to the team on film day. Watching a game from the sideline is much different than seeing it from an all 22 vantage point.

It is like the Fitz pick. If Kingsbury blames Kyler and it was on Fitz, it is no good. If he blames Fitz and it was on Kyler, it is no good. Going to the film and hashing it out that way helps the players grow.

agreed. of all the things to be pissed about today regarding yesterday's laughable performance, this is the least of my worries.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He’s got 30min to look at the film.
Gotta game plan for Seattle
The Cards are 3 miles
Out on the ocean without a floatation device

The writing is on the wall they’re nowhere near the elite teams like KC and the Pats
Cards should be 28 point dogs vs Rams

All we want is a little hope
There’s none this year

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s got 30min to look at the film.
Gotta game plan for Seattle
The Cards are 3 miles
Out on the ocean without a floatation device

The writing is on the wall they’re nowhere near the elite teams like KC and the Pats
Cards should be 28 point dogs vs Rams

All we want is a little hope
There’s none this year

You are the one that has a problem if you thought they ever were going to be anywhere near the elite teams this season.

On the flip side, there is no way they should be anywhere near 28 point dogs to the Rams. The dolphins and jets did not even lose by 28 yesterday vs the Patriots and Cowboys.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My main thought is a simple and obvious one. Our players are just not as good as our competition. Each post-draft summer we examine our roster and lineup and think we look pretty good with a weakness or two in some spots. We seem to like most of our starters and have a vision that if healthy this season and with another year of experience and improvement we should and will be a playoff team or at least close.

But in reality, without wearing any rose colored glasses, the vast majority of our guys are simply not as good as other teams. No excuses, our guys are up against better talent. All the coaching, experience, and preparation isn't changing the fact that nearly all our core players are getting beat week after week by better players on the other side of the ball.

It's not rocket science. Most of our players individually 'stink' compared to their counterparts. I don't know on what basis our front office judges talent, but yearly we seem to choose and try to field a team of runner ups from the world's beauty pageants. You can't keep going to parties with plain looking gals expecting to win the best looking couple contest, no matter how much you may like and think of your cross eyed harelipped gal.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hear what you guys are saying. But it irritates me when I already sense a lack of engagement from his demeanor on the sidelines (could be that I just don't like the dude, LOL) and he's not providing viable answers as to why we got beat. I certainly don't expect a tirade but "gotta look at the film" just sounds so defeatist. He sounds like my baseball team's manager, (Gabe Kapler) and you see where that's gotten us. A sorry, failure of a season replete with sloppy play and spouted clichés coupled with what seems like a lack of holding players accountable. I can't go through a whole year of that type of talk with my football team too. I want so badly to give this man a chance but we're a preseason and 3 games in, and he has zero credibility in my eyes. That's not a good feeling for someone who loves this team so much.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You are the one that has a problem if you thought they ever were going to be anywhere near the elite teams this season.

On the flip side, there is no way they should be anywhere near 28 point dogs to the Rams. The dolphins and jets did not even lose by 28 yesterday vs the Patriots and Cowboys.

We weren’t anywhere near the winless Carolina Panthers. That’s why people are upset today.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
agreed. of all the things to be pissed about today regarding yesterday's laughable performance, this is the least of my worries.

Fair enough cheese, It was just among one of the things that stood out to me as I drove into work today. Give me more time to digest this slop and I'll likely be right on the same page as you.

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We weren’t anywhere near the winless Carolina Panthers. That’s why people are upset today.

Kerouac, and I watched that Tampa/Carolina game because my wife is a Bucs fan, and they were no where near this damn good. Cam or no Cam!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gosh guys ... this was a really Bill Bellicheck'esk answer.

What do you want, Bruce Arains, Kyle Whisenhunt, Wilkes or Green or ...

Look KK played for Bellicheck and will probably copy that stlye of interview because it is the best for the players and the team.

That said, we will hear a lot of this speaches this year.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watch Kyle Allen look like a pedestrian second-string qb next game. If he does, we suck, if he light it up, well its not just us.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
listen im still pissed because we lost to a bad team with a backup QB that deep down we all knew and in fact joked that he was going to beat us. And play like Peyton Manning. We have seen this movie 100 times. But let's look at this way. we have tied obviously a good Detroit team and could have beaten a very good Ravens team. We have always choked against bad teams. Except with Arians in his hey day.
I was furious yesterday but we have in the last 10 years made it to a Super Bowl and then an NFC championship game. Detroit Dallas Cleveland Cincinnati and numerous other teams havent come close to that. If we put this in perspective we are not that bad off.
Especially when again....we all knew yesterday was going to happen. The minute Cam wasnt going to play....we lost. Even with Warner we lost some horrible games. Remember we couldnt run at the clock against the rams in a game where all we had to do was kneel!!! We let Testerverde come off a couch and beat us. We had Super Bowl hype and let Jimmy Garrapolo beat us. Our heartache has been much much worse than this.
And yet all of us basically feel this is the worst. 4 days ago...Murray was 1 of 2 players in the history of football to throw for 300 in first 2 games. Now some want him traded back for Rosen....who litterally couldnt back pedal without getting sacked. We are spoiled. This is a billion times better than McGinnis. end of Whisenhunts time....and last year with Wilks. Who looked like a baby deer learning to walk.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bash the HC for watching film to determine what went wrong after a loss? ASFN has hit an all-time low.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
listen im still pissed because we lost to a bad team with a backup QB that deep down we all knew and in fact joked that he was going to beat us. And play like Peyton Manning. We have seen this movie 100 times. But let's look at this way. we have tied obviously a good Detroit team and could have beaten a very good Ravens team. We have always choked against bad teams. Except with Arians in his hey day.
I was furious yesterday but we have in the last 10 years made it to a Super Bowl and then an NFC championship game. Detroit Dallas Cleveland Cincinnati and numerous other teams havent come close to that. If we put this in perspective we are not that bad off.
Especially when again....we all knew yesterday was going to happen. The minute Cam wasnt going to play....we lost. Even with Warner we lost some horrible games. Remember we couldnt run at the clock against the rams in a game where all we had to do was kneel!!! We let Testerverde come off a couch and beat us. We had Super Bowl hype and let Jimmy Garrapolo beat us. Our heartache has been much much worse than this.
And yet all of us basically feel this is the worst. 4 days ago...Murray was 1 of 2 players in the history of football to throw for 300 in first 2 games. Now some want him traded back for Rosen....who litterally couldnt back pedal without getting sacked. We are spoiled. This is a billion times better than McGinnis. end of Whisenhunts time....and last year with Wilks. Who looked like a baby deer learning to walk.

Perfect assessment of my feelings. I just didn’t want to go down the gauntlet of crushing memories yet again but as you note, we have experienced far worse.