Defense sucked the life out of team

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wasn`t the "transcendent NFL game changing QB supposed to overcome those things?
Not unless he can play mlb and safety.

I can hear the lore growing more now.

The arm of Dan Marino, the legs of Vick, the eyes of Manning, the leadership of Brady, the feet of Wilson, the ball Hawking of Ed Reed and the sure tackling of Mike Singletary.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Some pretty pathetic posts on this board lately. This is one of them.
What is pathetic is the inability of some KM nuthuggers to realize that their "transcendent" QB has struggled in the NFL and they continue to wear blinders while refusing to place any blame on the "annoited" one.That is what is pretty freaking pathetic.:doi:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is pathetic is the inability of some KM nuthuggers to realize that their "transcendent" QB has struggled in the NFL and they continue to wear blinders while refusing to place any blame on the "annoited" one.That is what is pretty freaking pathetic.:doi:

BW52, KM certainly hasn't been setting the world on fire, but games 1 & 2 were evidence of his ability. I put 95% of this, on coaching. I said it before and I'll say it again. I do not like Kingsbury. Not one iota. He has done nothing since he got the job to win me over even a little, and he proves week in and week out again in the infancy of his career that he isn't built for this life. He looks utterly clueless on the sidelines and his pressers are even worse. "Gotta watch the film." FOH!!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two dropped balls and the long touchdown run were BRUTAL for this team. The defense just isn't very good.

Also, our head coach isn't doing much to dissuade his detractors from saying he had no business being hired as a head coach before working as a coordinator or position coach.

So far his resume from college seems to be accurate. He doesn't know how to win or teach this team to win so far.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup i hope someone raised hell in tgat locker room

Murray played well enough to win but of course allan looked like tom freaking brady against them the whole def should be beyond embarrassed our lbers are just to slow.... even hicks lol

Gl vs seachickens Murray lol

Reactions: PJ1

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The two dropped balls and the long touchdown run were BRUTAL for this team. The defense just isn't very good.

Also, our head coach isn't doing much to dissuade his detractors from saying he had no business being hired as a head coach before working as a coordinator or position coach.

So far his resume from college seems to be accurate. He doesn't know how to win or teach this team to win so far.

I agree. But drops are part of the game also. Sometimes the QB misses a throw, sometimes a receiver misses the catch, such is life. The defense can lose the game for us for sure, but they don't prevent the offense from being able to score points when the time of possession is equal. Offense is not living up to the hype and the scheme and groupings KK uses feels totally unimaginative.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. But drops are part of the game also. Sometimes the QB misses a throw, sometimes a receiver misses the catch, such is life. The defense can lose the game for us for sure, but they don't prevent the offense from being able to score points when the time of possession is equal. Offense is not living up to the hype and the scheme and groupings KK uses feels totally unimaginative.

No argument. However, I will contend that the defense is just as disappointing as the offense. In fact, I don't like either side of the ball or the coaching so far. It's been underwhelming to say the least.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's boil it down... Do we have enough a talent on the D to function as a serviceable D for 80% of the games? If so, blame the players and coaches for not executing and scheming.

If not, blame SK.

I think when we get Pat P and Alford back it really changes things for us because it will make it harder to move the ball against our secondary and open up more opportunity to pressure and blitz and defend the run.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The images of our defense that first comes to mind -

-How we can leave traditional Card killers - Olsen and McCaffery - so blatantly wide open on every play boggles the mind.

Not to make the necessary adjustments after they burned us is equally mystifying

The amount of yards they lined up off the LOS mirrored the big cushions they gave Olsen, McCaffery and Panther wideouts

The time between Read and React is far too slow.

100% of our DB's can be outrun by 100% of their skill people

I refuse to believe that Vance Joseph deliberately intends to have a passive big-cushion defense. What's he trying to accomplish and why is he doing what he's doing? i.e. what's his plan?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Carolina answered every score with their own score, the McCaffreyy 76 yard sucked the life out of team.

Just a horrible defensive effort, you know you have to stop McCaffrey and Olsen, and they failed miserably.

I agree with you one billion %.

If the defense plays like that the rest of the year, we might go winless. It was embarrassing.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Not in his third game.

Not in his new to the nfl head coaches third game.

You people are crazy. You think Nick Bosa, or Quinon Williams and Josh Rosen would have won the game for us yesterday? DO YOU?
The supposed super duper transcendent QB is supposed to overcome those obstacles. Instead he bellied up yesterday.Do you Understand that?DO YOU?DO YOU?:barf:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, that was ugly.

Brock looks like he lost his child in the mall and still can't find him.

God knows what Swearinger is doing as he watches the WR catch the ball and continues the other way.

Those two confused souls end up taking out the rest of the defenders who are trying to make a play.

Total Chaos!!!!