Kyler Murray Stat Line

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I had no issues with Kyler's first half. I thought he looked as dynamic as he has all season. My issue is that we needed him to keep scoring points and he couldn't/didn't. Instead of being the reason we hung in the game, Murray let himself be one of the disappointments.

Okay, that's fine. And I'm saying the offense, from the coaching staff down to the back-up RT, made a valiant effort today, but let down when they saw the defense (save maybe Chandler Jones) was not interested in winning this football game.

Yes, Murray disappointed in 4th quarter. Yes, his turnovers torpedoed any chance of a comeback.

But if ARZ would have managed to cut it to 27-28, CAR would have just gone right down the field, just like they had done all day, and made it 27-35.

The offense got us the lead three times. Once in the 2nd half. The defense gave it back every time Chopper.

It's right in the game log for you to look at sir.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Okay, that's fine. And I'm saying the offense, from the coaching staff down to the back-up RT, made a valiant effort today, but let down when they saw the defense (save maybe Chandler Jones) was not interested in winning this football game.

Yes, Murray disappointed in 4th quarter. Yes, his turnovers torpedoed any chance of a comeback.

But if ARZ would have managed to cut it to 27-28, CAR would have just gone right down the field, just like they had done all day, and made it 27-35.

The offense got us the lead three times. Once in the 2nd half. The defense gave it back every time Chopper.

It's right in the game log for you to look at sir.
Good QBs have to overcome bad situations a lot.

Kyler Murray was the third most disappointing thing on the field for the Cardinals today which I would never have guessed at halftime.

1-The defense.
2-Drops by WRs.
3-Kyler Murray.

WRs not getting separation is what it is. Personnel issue.
DJ is what he is. Not too far from last year and the first two games.
Offensive line has mediocre talent and played mediocre.
Kliff designed a really good first half, used Murray's athleticism, and got players open.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Kyler Murray was the third most disappointing thing on the field for the Cardinals today which I would never have guessed at halftime.

1-The defense.
2-Drops by WRs.
3-Kyler Murray.

Kliff designed a really good first half, used Murray's athleticism, and got players open.

Okay. That's reasonable.

Who do we got next week man? The seahawks at home? Damn...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Huge drop by Kirk on a perfect bomb. I think the Sherfield pass was more on Kyler...needed a bit more touch.

Loved the running aspect today but we also took way too many sacks. No doubt Kyler is going to be awesome.
Nope. Kyler threw it in a way where he could just stride into the endzone. Trent started slowing his route down and then did a poorly timed jump.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Okay. That's reasonable.

Who do we got next week man? The seahawks at home? Damn...
Hopefully growth and development.

I agree with some on here that I think we match up well with Seattle. Though, after Kyle Allen Day, it is tough to tell.

If we can get a full game of Good Kyler, we should be fine and competitive. The problem is that we have seen more Bad Kyler than Good Kyler so far this season. IMO of course.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I actually think Seattle is a better matchup.

Carolina was always going to be our toughest matchup.
I knew CMC would be a problem and our defense is foundationally flawed vs TEs, but I didn't think we would let Kyle Allen get so comfortable in the pocket. We did the opposite of what every team has done to us.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe...just maybe

Isabella should be played over Sherfield
It really is wild...

Crabtree makes us SLOWER. Byrd couldn't cut it in Carolina (I like him don't get me wrong)

It was shortsighted to shelve HB and keep Andy only for Special teams. Some guys need experience to get better and its not like the guys in front of them are long term options.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It really is wild...

Crabtree makes us SLOWER. Byrd couldn't cut it in Carolina (I like him don't get me wrong)

It was shortsighted to shelve HB and keep Andy only for Special teams. Some guys need experience to get better and its not like the guys in front of them are long term options.
I hate that Crabtree is on this roster.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I knew CMC would be a problem and our defense is foundationally flawed vs TEs, but I didn't think we would let Kyle Allen get so comfortable in the pocket. We did the opposite of what every team has done to us.
Norv Turner >>Brian Schottenheimer

Still an absolute joke to let Kyle Allen look like Dan Marino. However, I think we can matchup better next week.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Crabtree provides absolutely nothing.
Crab wouldn't be a bad signing if we had a bunch of fast guys on the field and we needed a possession wr.

However, we already have Fitz...

Kirk is the underneath guy as well. KJ is ahead of schedule. Byrd has been decent.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1-The defense.
2-Drops by WRs.
3-Kyler Murray.

I'd drop Murray to #5 and insert o-line at #4 and a coaching staff #3 for not doing something to help the o-line while watching our 5 guys get beat by 4 guys most of the game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is wild...

Crabtree brings nothing to this team except take away valuable playing time away from or young receivers. The speed of our receivers is being negated by not providing Kyler with some time. Have some set;s for max protection and maybe we could take advantage of Byrd and Isabella's speed downfield.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd drop Murray to #5 and insert o-line at #4 and a coaching staff #3 for not doing something to help the o-line while watching our 5 guys get beat by 4 guys most of the game.
We see the line play differently. I see an average group that played average for a majority of the game. I see a QB who has terrible pocket mechanics from what I know of them which makes the line's job harder. You can disagree, but you aren't going to change my mind. I have been involved with football too much and had too many conversations with people who understand football to see it differently.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
IMHO we are seeing the very things that KM was not supposed to do.SIXTEEN SACKS in 3 games? The great athletic ability and pocket awareness was supposed to keep that from happening often.3 interceptions and poor poise late ………?
Just the NFL game reminding folks that's its tougher than College ball and its rarely a smooth transition from college to NFL QB star early.A reality check has been handed to KK and KM and here`s hoping they can adjust eventually.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We see the line play differently. I see an average group that played average for a majority of the game. I see a QB who has terrible pocket mechanics from what I know of them which makes the line's job harder. You can disagree, but you aren't going to change my mind. I have been involved with football too much and had too many conversations with people who understand football to see it differently.
I respect that Chopper. However , I think we could add a bit of diversity running 22 personnel once and a while.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
IMHO we are seeing the very things that KM was not supposed to do.SIXTEEN SACKS in 3 games? The great athletic ability and pocket awareness was supposed to keep that from happening often.3 interceptions and poor poise late ………?
Just the NFL game reminding folks that's its tougher than College ball and its rarely a smooth transition from college to NFL QB star early.A reality check has been handed to KK and KM and here`s hoping they can adjust eventually.

I’ve been very underwhelmed with his scrambling ability. Guys like Wilson had it right away but he played 4 years of CFB and had poise. Russ is also more stout and doesn’t go down so easy. I never like those pre-draft comparisons besides height.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I respect that Chopper. However , I think we could add a bit of diversity running 22 personnel once and a while.
I don't disagree. I would love to see 11 personnel as TEs can be a huge help in spread offenses. 20 personnel could work as well with DJ and Chase in the back field.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been very underwhelmed with his scrambling ability. Guys like Wilson had it right away but he played 4 years of CFB and had poise. Russ is also more stout and doesn’t go down so easy. I never like those pre-draft comparisons besides height.
As of now he has more rushing yards through 3 games than RW had his first 3 games.

Having said that you are right. Kyler wasn't a big scramble/throw guy. I'd argue the good thing is that Kyler actually is ahead of Russ at reading defenses on an NFL level. At least when I remember early Russ (vs. us, then the Cowboys and the replacement refs game against the Packers) Kyler is reading and throwing. Russ thrived when it was chaos.

Russell seemed to have more of an IT factor early on...but that could be based on his experience. Russ was about to be 24. Even though he was a 4.5 guy he still had to really work to get big plays to happen.

Kyler was a natural 4.3 guy (when weighing 195) He didn't need to scramble around. He'd just make the correct read or use his 4.3 speed to get away from people.

Now he's heavier and doesnt seem to be as fast. He's got to have a fearlessness about climbing the pocket.

I loved the throwback to DJ. That was a Wilson play. However, Kyler is going to need to be more dynamic on the run/throwing the ball and look for lanes to throw.

Russell also spent years on not so great NC State teams. So he's use to having to make something out of nothing.

Kyler had the best Oline in college football. He also had the best Oline in Hs (two players are in the NFL).

So he's learning quick about trying to buy time and find guys down field.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
listen no matter how much you try and polish a turd it’s still a turd.... Today’s performance was a turd... Yea he had some good moments but to claim his first half was some awesome display of QB play is false... 18 completions and 95 yards??? Come on now??? 2 horrible INT’s going out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS when all you had to do was flip the ball out to avoid the loss? Tripping over his own feet and missing a wide open Fitz by a country mile. This was a turd of the highest order... So whose the troll do tell???
His first half was pretty good. You’re also conveniently leaving out the, what, 70 yards rushing? Cmon. It wasn’t a turd. It wasn’t a good game, but not a turd.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson