Kyler Murray Shouldn't Have been Our Pick.... Deep Hatred Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really, then how was he going to come out and slay it this year behind the same deficient oline that Rosen got clobbered behind? And yes, plenty of people said a big benefit to KM was he didn't need a stout oline to succeed because he could kill him on his feet or extend plays in the scramble like Wilson.
People said he had a better chance behind our sieve than would a less mobile QB. I think that’s been proven true. Can he be great behind our garbage? No. But I’d argue a less mobile QB might be dead by now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's also useless to absolve him of all blame. He's not playing well, simply put. He sacked himself. Literally. He wouldn't know what a pocket was if he read a dictionary entry on it--when there is a pocket, granted. He doesn't know how to set his feet, or throw the ball away. Now, he can develop and get better, absolutely. Right now, from what I've seen (I finally got to see a game)? He's not very good.
If this is the only game you’ve seen you don’t have a worthwhile data set from which to argue. If you watched the entire season you’d see more ups and downs. He is what he is, a talented rookie.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Halapio played 114 snaps last year (he did ok, but really) and Hernandez is an up and down player. They both grade in the 60-80 range at PFF which isn't the be all, end all, but it gives an idea. Sweezy has had similar grades this year. They are average dudes.
Lol. Only one of our guys grades in their range sometimes. But they’re all average and equal. Cmon man you’re smarter than that. If their line is average ours is putrid. That makes a difference.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for this you can put me down as a big fan of Kyler Murray who can admit he played a crap game when it counted.

He kept us in the game when the defense couldn't but ultimately had a below average game.

Hopefully it is one of the few of his career

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler IS a huge improvement and is the only reason we were able to score 20 points today with this offensive line.

With Rosen we would have scored maybe 3 or 6 points.

You guys seem to have forgotten last year entirely.
Better than bad does not equal good.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler seemed to be doing great until the last 20 minutes or so when he seemed to be demoralized. Whether it is because of our poor defense or dropped passes is unclear. But I'm astonished how people are so quick to trash him.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Kyler seemed to be doing great until the last 20 minutes or so when he seemed to be demoralized. Whether it is because of our poor defense or dropped passes is unclear. But I'm astonished how people are so quick to trash him.

I still like him but he looked a little jittery at the end...the Panthers may have a decent team that is hampered by Cam. I thought their o-line and front 7 were pretty good, or our o-line and TE are awful.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's played very well. Our D hasn't. If you can't see his talent, it's because you don't want to. It's a long road back from the abysmal football we watched last year, but Murray is one HUGE step forward. You look silly to argue that.

He's had flashes. He has talent, but he's certainly NOT YET a huge step forward. He's an experiment, and a work in progress. He's going to have ups and downs, strikes and gutters, and that's okay. What I DON'T want to see are self-sacks, an inability to step up into the pocket, an inability to throw the ball away, happy feet, and the like. These issues aren't unfixable, but the hallmarks of a rookie not ready to be great. Which is also okay.

Well for this you can put me down as a big fan of Kyler Murray who can admit he played a crap game when it counted.

He kept us in the game when the defense couldn't but ultimately had a below average game.

Hopefully it is one of the few of his career

This about sums it up. Crap game when it counted, kept us in the game when the defense couldn't, but ultimately had a below average game. I couldn't agree more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson