Are you serious?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What did you expect people?

We had the #1 pick for a reason. We changed our HC, offensive system, and defense. How many rookies are starting for us?

Again...what did you expect?

The negativity on this board floors me.

Hate to lose but we have a lot to look forward to.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's what makes a message board man...I'm with ya....don't get me wrong. But we have to assume the detractors would come out in full force in situations like today. It was not a good showing.... Especially after the optimistic look of the past weeks.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
To me, it's the defenses struggles that have me most concerned...even with PP21 and Alford out. I expected the switch back to 3-4 to help make run defense better...but that's simply not the case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We had the #1 pick for a reason. We changed our HC, offensive system, and defense. How many rookies are starting for us?

This board has gone to complete poo. It's amazing how little football knowledge exists here. Maybe it never did exist here.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I expected Murray to have the same amount of wins as Minshew and Daniel Jones even though he had more starts.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What did I expect? Not to have a dude who was cut from the Panthers practice squad last year to have a passer rating of 144.4. The only thing we have to look forward to is Keim getting fired and a top 5 pick.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
What did I expect? Not to have a dude who was cut from the Panthers practice squad last year to have a passer rating of 144.4
Not just that, he scored more points against us than any other team in the NFL so far this week. He abused us.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's what makes a message board man...I'm with ya....don't get me wrong. But we have to assume the detractors would come out in full force in situations like today. It was not a good showing.... Especially after the optimistic look of the past weeks.

We had 3 leads today. It was a horrible defensive showing, but a winnable game if the D even showed up a little. If Cam played, we win that game.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You beat me to the punch TheCardFan. MAny of us talk a good game about "this is a rebuilding year" or " it's going to take time". Suddenly we should have never drafted Kyler and Kliff stinks.

Hope breeds contempt. When you start to see a little success you start to expect it and hunger for it. When it falls short of those expectations and hope we are dissappointed. We are fans. We want to win and we want to win now.

Look at the QB's that have had some success. Mahomes, Jackson, Trubisky, Josh Allen and now Kyle Allen. What do they all have in common? In their second year they have shown drastic improvement. Murray needs this year to learn.

Kliff said he will learn and adapt. He is surrounded by some quality coaches like Clement, Kugler and Sullivan. I'm hoping they can put their collective heads together and realize there are times we need to go max protection and rely on Murray's arm strength and accuracy by giving him 4 or 5 seconds to throw downfield. KK I hope realizes that two TE sets still is a 4 receiver set that can offer max protection , run blocking, one TE releasing into the pattern or both TE's releasing into the pattern. Kyler's internal clock say's get rid of the ball in 2.25 seconds. It does not give him time to throw deep thus relying on YAC.

Also Kliff needs to realise that we don't have to go no huddle ALL the time. We need to manage the clock a bit to keep our defense OFF the field.

Oh and by the way Mr. "stop them on first down" Joseph. When are we going to start that? The opening play, THE OPENING PLAY , we had two down linemen and begged Carolina to run the ball...and they did. Right up the middle for 7 yards. We did it again later in the drive and once again they ran it right down our throat. Oh and by the way (again) it is within the rules to CHIP a TE at the line of scrimmage.

Anyway, yes we are all feeling a little blue and yes today was a bit disappointing but it's going to take some time. It's way to early to hope for playoff's as well as it is way to early to deem this situation a failure.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had 3 leads today. It was a horrible defensive showing, but a winnable game if the D even showed up a little. If Cam played, we win that game.
I said the same thing earlier today.. no brainer. Local kid with all his family in the crowd and a defense who got fired up because they had to play hard to make up the difference is what worried me the most.. I think most of it came true damn it. Lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave