Franchise took a big step back today

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah CKK game planning isn't the issue. The issue is a heavily inexperienced QB, below average offensive line, and God awful defense.
The Air Raid made its mark by out scheming more talented teams... that was the absolute reason why it has the notoriety that it has... so either it doesn't translate to the NFL (despite the fact its concepts have been used for years) or CKK is having difficulty adjusting it.

The defense has not been performing, totally agree... Is it scheme, game planning, play calling, players, depth...little of each??? The bottom line is we are not dictating the pace or play of the game... we are solely reacting, taking what they give us on both sides of the ball.

I am way more alarmed at our lack of identity, then anything else... and now, we are "all in" with KM and the Air Raid...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You mean you can't grade him on his play when he needed to step up and take over the game like great QBs do? lol. You can't baby the #1 pick in the draft. No excuses. He fell apart when it mattered the most...again.
Again?
When it matters most his team is letting him down. Not the other way around.

I will agree that the greatest QB's elevate the talent around them...... I havent seen that consistently yet.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well...that isn't going to happen.
Says who? We did it last year...

Now.. I think this is a much much different situation. But still... You have a kid who shows massive flashes. Bidwill will work around this.. I'm confident of such things. :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
All three of those qb's have better teams surrounding them, even Jones have Saquon who teams have to respect.

KM was thrust to the worst team in the league, with the worst OLine in the league, no run game, an old WR, a rookie WR, a hasbeen wr (Crabtree) and two nobodies (Byrd is serviceable but not fast). All three have better coaching. SEASONED coaches with great playcallers (Norv Turner killed us), not a rookie coach who never coached an NFL game prior to this season.

We are slow, unable to create separation, and our line doesn't give the qb time to make reads. If KM didn't know the offense already and couldn't anticipate, then he would've worst and people would call him a bust.

I think the worst thing was that there was no progression. But i dont think Murray is the problem. He's the least of it.
Stop it. Jacksonville, New York G and Carolina do not have significantly better rosters than ours. Especially on offense.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stop it. Jacksonville, New York G and Carolina do not have significantly better rosters than ours. Especially on offense.
Are you kidding me??

We couldn't pick number one overall if we weren't THE WORST.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Says who? We did it last year...

Now.. I think this is a much much different situation. But still... You have a kid who shows massive flashes. Bidwill will work around this.. I'm confident of such things. :)
No one is going to want to inherit Murray. He is just not what most HCs are looking for in a franchise QB. You also don't want the optice of three HCs in three years.

We are stuck with Kliff and Squeak.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Are you kidding me??

We couldn't pick number one overall if we weren't THE WORST.
Jacksonville and New York have similar talent on their offensive lines. Our WRs are miles better than those on Jacksonville, New York and Carolina. We have the 3rd best RB in that group. You are reaching for excuses here.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Again?
When it matters most his team is letting him down. Not the other way around.

I will agree that the greatest QB's elevate the talent around them...... I havent seen that consistently yet.
WRs on every team drop big plays. RBs fumble. Olines are bad. You take guys #1 and they are expected to rise above and overcome those issues. If they can't, they are just a guy and you wasted your #1 pick.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Losing by two touchdowns is a step back? Yeah okay ;).

I get that the defense looked downright awful. (personally I think VJ should be on the hot seat cause of lack of TE coverage).

But mind you we are only 3 weeks into the season so there's a chance of improvement. We knew this coming into the season that there will be growing pains with a rookie QB and HC.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one is going to want to inherit Murray. He is just not what most HCs are looking for in a franchise QB. You also don't want the optice of three HCs in three years.

Man.. just like TJ. You have a theme. Its why you can't be taken seriously with most guys around here when you make comments about Kyler. I'm sure you don't care... But don't whine when you say you are being objective like last week.. I remember this vividly. Objectivity with a HUGE bias. I like your takes... But dang man.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jacksonville and New York have similar talent on their offensive lines. Our WRs are miles better than those on Jacksonville, New York and Carolina. We have the 3rd best RB in that group. You are reaching for excuses here.
All those teams were better than us last year and theres a reason for that. Our talent and coaching is NOT as good as theres point blank.

You forget all the blowouts we had last year? But I guess if Garnder, Rosen, and Kyle was behind this line we'd be 3-0 right?? That's what you really want to say.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I guess no one wants to inherit Drew Brees in his prime, right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
MB has to be looking at himself as well. Keim should without a doubt be gone before next year but i think Kingsbury/Kyler was more of a Bidwill thing.
Oh good lord the “it feels like a bidwill thing” just needs be out to rest. If that’s always the case then why have a GM and then Michael is worse than his father because he thinks he knows what he’s doing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Um, no, it's not. It's also on the players, because they sucked too. Including KM, who was putrid. I mean, putrid. Sure, there were a few flashes, but dear God, did he suck.
He certainly wasn’t great but he also put that bomb on the money that Kirk dropped and hit a wide open sherfield. That’s likely 10 points lost on drops.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Oh good lord the “it feels like a bidwill thing” just needs be out to rest. If that’s always the case then why have a GM and then Michael is worse than his father because he thinks he knows what he’s doing.

You’re taking this as a defense of Keim who’ve I’ve repeatedly said should be fired but if you don’t think owners pull strings on the big gun hires idk what to tell ya.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's definitely a bidwill thing. Imo...and that's ok. We need to have an owner who cares about winning... We have that. It might be a messy process...but I don't think Mikey b will rest until we get this right.. this makes things ok for me. I loved my suns forever as well when colangelo was owner..not so much with sarver. If the owner doesn't care..why should we?....we have an owner who cares...imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
26 for 32 for how many yards again?
Yeah I’ve been wondering how this offense is structured to open second level throws. It seems designed for short throws. Or maybe that’s the product of the offensive line. I also wonder how much we grew used to the vertical game of Arians.

All that said, while his receivers didn’t help him today, KM wasn’t very good.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's definitely a bidwill thing. Imo...and that's ok. We need to have an owner who cares about winning... We have that. It might be a messy process...but I don't think Mikey b will rest until we get this right.. this makes things ok for me. I loved my suns forever as well when colangelo was owner..not so much with sarver. If the owner doesn't care..why should we?....we have an owner who cares...imo.

Actually I think the argument could easily be made an NFL owner who cares about winning would have never hired Kliff.

I'm with Ouchie...Mikey had to agree but this is all Keim.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You mean you can't grade him on his play when he needed to step up and take over the game like great QBs do? lol. You can't baby the #1 pick in the draft. No excuses. He fell apart when it mattered the most...again.
lol. You think he’s being babied? Behind this oline? With the “weapons” he’s been given? Being forced to pass 40+ times per game because the defense sucks? I’d hate to see what being thrown into the fire looks like in your world.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Giants and Carolina have considerably better olines and legit TEs. Can’t comment on jags as haven’t watched them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. Our lines aren’t comparable. You must not actually football anymore. I mean today’s game alone showed the difference. Holes and time for Allen. None of that for cards. And the drop off from Saquon and mccaffrey to Johnson is astronomical. Saying he’s third is a weak attempt to mask a deficiency in your argument. While technically true it doesn’t paint the accurate picture.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lol. You think he’s being babied? Behind this oline? With the “weapons” he’s been given? Being forced to pass 40+ times per game because the defense sucks? I’d hate to see what being thrown into the fire looks like in your world.
This is why you take a guy #1. Daniel Jones just beat the Bucs. Minshew won in primetime. None of these guys were expected to be playing better than Murray, but they are. Murray needs to step up or he is just another over-drafted, mid level QB. Everyone pointed out how people were making excuses for Rosen...well...let's not make excuses for Murray. We wasn't the 4th QB taken in his draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson