Panthers at Cardinals gameday thread 9-22-19

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has not had to deal with a lot of adversity in his career. The times he has faced it, he has not risen to the occasion. This is not new.
He has dating back to HS. Just not so far in the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
True but he also has years or learning how to do so! People expect KM to be RW right now is laughable. The D lost this game if they don’t roll over and give up scores every time we score. The Oline is a joke but we found ways to score only to have the D lay down and get run over. The D is the main issue with this team right now we can score and figure things out on the O but the D is a complete dumpster fire!
Kyler Murray was the #1 pick in the draft...Russ was a 3rd rounder. Russ hasn't had a good offensive line for years but has always kept his cool. The moment things get tough, Kyler falls apart while Russ has always risen to the moment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... that was the most disappointing loss since the Pats game post-NFC Title Game Annihilation. I actually thought we were going to win today and get Kyler his breakout game and instead we got just blown the far out!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He has dating back to HS. Just not so far in the NFL.
And I am not saying he can't develop, it is just that he hasn't responded well when things get tough. Got beat out at A&M, transferred, and couldn't beat out Baker. Folded against Alabama when it mattered. Same story so far in the NFL.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has not had to deal with a lot of adversity in his career. The times he has faced it, he has not risen to the occasion. This is not new.
Small sample size. Time will tell. Highly successful younger players all have to go through it. His first real adversity was Alabama and handled himself well. Imo. This was worse than that... So let's see how the next few games go before we think the kid can't bounce back ehhh?

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And I am not saying he can't develop, it is just that he hasn't responded well when things get tough. Got beat out at A&M, transferred, and couldn't beat out Baker. Folded against Alabama when it mattered. Same story so far in the NFL.

Receivers did not help him out very much today Chopper. Drops by Kirk, Sherfield and Edmunds that I can remember right off the top of my head.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I've covered this before.

He played baseball at a very high level. You know that when you bat, you fail most of the time. I think he knows how to react to failure.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well at least the Keim haters should be happy, Steve Keim is done

I thought Keim should have been done when the cuffs were on his wrist. He will be back next year because he gets the rookie QB pass...just like Kliff who, imo, looks and is overmatched. Cards aren't playing Kansas.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might pick up Dissly and put him in one of my utility spots. I have Lockett LOL

I have Wilson and Dissly, started both today. They got 2 extra plays at the end of the game by penalty and the last untimed play was a TD pass Wilson to Dissly that likely won my matchup for me!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Receivers did not help him out very much today Chopper. Drops by Kirk, Sherfield and Edmunds that I can remember right off the top of my head.
Happens to every QB...he was the #1 pick in the draft...just another excuse. The best ones overcome. That is why it is called overcoming adversity.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've covered this before.

He played baseball at a very high level. You know that when you bat, you fail most of the time. I think he knows how to react to failure.
Overcoming adversity in a different sport, especially when you are talking about hitting which is an individual situation, means nothing. Another pre-draft, garbage justification.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn’t get beat out at A&M. He actually beat out Kyle Allen, but Sumlin is a damn moron & wanted to play the dumb 2 QB game. Hence his dad & Kyle’s parents got them both out of A&M because Sumlin’s dumb***.

I don’t even know if I can take that Baker statement even seriously & you know why.

He had a mediocre 1st half against Alabama, but raised his game up in the 2nd half, but just like today, his defense couldn’t get it done in that game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frustrating game where we continued to call WR screens and quick outs against a 4 man rush and zone.

Carolina was content to stop the run and keep everything in front of them

By the 4th the Cardinals lost all composure while the game was in reach. Clear frustration from poor execution became finger pointing and the game was over

Offensively you worry if others will just copy this and allow Kingsbury all the 4 yard crossing routes and WR screens he wants

Defensively is just a whole different ball game. The defense just exuded passiveness. It looked like going through the motions and the score reflected it

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am much more worried about our defense than our offense. If we cannot stop anyone we then force our offense into what we saw in the fourth quarter

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
True but he also has years or learning how to do so! People expect KM to be RW right now is laughable. The D lost this game if they don’t roll over and give up scores every time we score. The Oline is a joke but we found ways to score only to have the D lay down and get run over. The D is the main issue with this team right now we can score and figure things out on the O but the D is a complete dumpster fire!

I imagine when he "gets used" to the speed at the NFL level he will be able to throw more balls away.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m sure he’ll say no but the volume of Murray-related posts evidences otherwise.
I have said the top 3 things that I felt contributed to the loss

1-Defense
2-Drops
3-Murray

Where I differ is that I do not use the drops or the defense to excuse Murray's terrible performance from the end of the 3rd Q on. His job was to play well despite those other things, especially after the McCaffery run.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray was the #1 pick in the draft...Russ was a 3rd rounder. Russ hasn't had a good offensive line for years but has always kept his cool. The moment things get tough, Kyler falls apart while Russ has always risen to the moment.
Not true in the first year of RW he didn't respond well he lost against us on 8 plays from 5 and 2 yards ...

Yes KM didn't elevate his play but, c'mon don ask him to be more than a Rookie. RW never was asked and he didn't have to, the D bailed him out many times. And RW had many games with 3 or 6 or less points.

Look I understand the frustration, but we were on par till the 4th QRT we fell appart after Sherfield droped the TD and the D messed it up badly.

Than KM tried to much and INT and from that it was over and out.

Overall yes KM should have played better, but he didn't we also couldn't run the whole game without gimmicks so ... maybe that was a big problem as well.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose