Once again, still can't cover a TE.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When we get our starting CB's back, one of the current starters only responsibility should be covering the TE only no matter where he's at on the field.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem covering tight ends is that 5'11" safeties, even if in proper position, struggle against 6'6" TE's. And more commonly are out of position and the TE is wide open.
We should just draft a really tall TE to put as a TE defender, and spy him every play. Or just take a 6'11" power forward out of college and designate him as your first down guy. Just have him run to the first down marker and toss him a jump ball every time. No one could stop him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem covering tight ends is that 5'11" safeties, even if in proper position, struggle against 6'6" TE's. And more commonly are out of position and the TE is wide open.
We should just draft a really tall TE to put as a TE defender, and spy him every play. Or just take a 6'11" power forward out of college and designate him as your first down guy. Just have him run to the first down marker and toss him a jump ball every time. No one could stop him.
Not really. It’s about technique & IQ. Tony Jefferson was great at covering TEs & he’a 5’11.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is kind of a relic in today's NFL.

With the new rules protecting players and teams being more pass heavy he can be somewhat of a liability especially in the passing game and when it comes to personal Fouls

Swearinger is a major liability in the passing game. I said this before but many refused to believe it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think part of the problem with TEs is that one of the safeties is giving a CB help, or, staying high middle

it means an offense gets a one on one matchup of their TE vs one of Hicks, Reddick or Swearinger

PP coming back will help this ....... i hope

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Need pressure up the middle. Our DT have no push its all Suggs and Jones. Our secondary will be picked apart until that happens. We have players in the secondary just young. Hope to see adjustments next week

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Swearinger is old and slow, definitely not the same player last time he was here. His play today was by far the worst of the day.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
2 players to pay attention to all day, mccaferry and Olson.

They beat us. Cardinals have a terrible coaching staff. Worst in the league.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 players to pay attention to all day, mccaferry and Olson.

They beat us. Cardinals have a terrible coaching staff. Worst in the league.
Reminds me of last week when we couldn’t stop Lamar from escaping the pocket or Mark Andrews from being the offense