OT: Prospects you were wrong about

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was super pissed when we took Cooper over Chance Warmack. I thought Warmack was the best guard I’ve ever seen in college. He’s been horrible in the NFL.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not necessarily a draft prospect but man I was pimping Kurt Cousins HARD on this board basically begging for the Cards to sign him. Glad that didn't work out.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I thought Mike Mitchell coming out of Brophy in the early 90’s was the next Walter Payton or OJ Simpson. Went to Stanford to play for Bill Walsh and had one of the biggest flame outs I can ever recall. Dude was super intelligent, so I’m sure he and his body are doing well somewhere.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Matty L. Never been so disappointed.

Tony Mandarich. Thought the kid was gonna destroy people after reading about him predraft in Sports Illustrated.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The 2 Cardinals picks that I was wrong about (big time):

Josh Rosen
Matt Leinart

Other teams:

Ruben Foster
Greg Robinson
Jonathon Cooper - didn't like the pick but it seemed like a safe/solid selection. Guy that would anchor line for 10 years.
Sam Bradford - really liked him in college

I wanted no part of Lesean McCoy and was very happy we selected Beanie Wells instead. Whoops.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought Pee Wee Herman would be a major star but then he got caught in the chicken coop

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I thought Raynoch Thompson was going to be a stud linebacker.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Big_Red_One

Rookie
Reaction score
Andre Wadsworth - I can still see Bob Ferguson crying...I am haunted by that image today
Matt Leinart
Thomas Jones

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh? 2 first rounders and second rounder.

Two mid first rounders and a second round pick. I don’t consider those high draft picks in the sense of oh this guy is can’t miss(like a top 5 pick is usually thought of)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hated the Floyd pick..... Wanted Decastro in a bad way.

Wanted Big Ben over Fitz.

It goes both ways my friends.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Byron Leftwich. I was so upset when we traded down.

Right to be upset, but Suggs was why, not Byron.

Bryon was the antithesis of K1. He was fairly large, had Tom Brady speed, and it took him 5 seconds to release the ball. Longest & slowest release I'd seen in a long time. Was doomed to fail in the NFL. Other than that, a great kid with a big heart.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still haunts me to this day that we rallied late to lose access to both Manning brothers. QB's mean EVERYTHING in the NFL. Will always love Fitz though!!!! I thought Manziel would be fun to watch, just didn't realize how f'd up the dude was/is. I loved Mahomes coming out, but NEVER thought he was a good as he's shown. Of course, the dude was blessed to have Reid there to coach him up.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Hated the Floyd pick..... Wanted Decastro in a bad way.

Wanted Big Ben over Fitz.

It goes both ways my friends.
I wanted DeCastro or Melvin Ingram, yep. Thought I could be a better NFL GM at the time. Then I got upset when we took John Brown in the 3rd, screamed when we took Markus Golden over Odighizuwa, and thought the Jonathan Cooper pick was solid but unspectacular, but I had wanted Jarvis Jones.

I also got mad when we drafted Nkemdiche, thought Vernon Butler or Noah Spence were better.

And how did Chance Warmack not turn into a good pro? I thought his tape was the best I'd seen from interior OL. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave