Gardner Minshew II is Val Kilmer

Reaction score
Especially when it has little to do with actually playing the position.

Gardner is a rookie playing with a strong defense, decent running game and wrs with speed and natural talent on the outside.

Even on file, Murray velocity, accuracy and willingness to attack defense by going through his progressions are far better than Gardners at this point.

His ability to deliver strikes while pressure is in his face.

What the heck is going on out here.

You must be registered for see images attach

This ridiculous and we had actually mods instead of agenda pushers, this thread would have been wastebinned awhile ago.

You need to shake it off. Find your blank space.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When people spout intelligence and wonderlic scores to further an argument, there’s definitely an agenda afoot. It’s downright sickening.

Especially when it has little to do with actually playing the position.

Gardner is a rookie playing with a strong defense, decent running game and wrs with speed and natural talent on the outside.

Even on file, Murray velocity, accuracy and willingness to attack defense by going through his progressions are far better than Gardners at this point.

His ability to deliver strikes while pressure is in his face.

What the heck is going on out here.

This ridiculous and we had actually mods instead of agenda pushers, this thread would have been wastebinned awhile ago.

42 Wonderlich + ability = ?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of nakedness with the other guys going on. I wonder if he likes gladiator movies

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
All I can say is..... Woah.

TJ has been very anti-Murray and is still mad we got rid of Rosen for him. He’s holding a grudge and now resorting to comparing Minshew to Murray. In his world, both QBs can’t be good. Because Minshew has exceeded expectations, that must mean K1 wasn’t worth the #1 pick.

I’ve learned to take TJ’s opinions with a grain of salt because of how many times he’s been wrong in the past.

Here are some examples...

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
If folks are still bitter about Overthrowsen, its time to move on. Overthrowsen will be destroyed as an NFL quarterback the next 2 seasons in Miami. I'm sure he could be serviceable, but he's just not good enough to survive the beating and horrible coaching he's going to get there. Dolphins have decided to hit rock bottom hard before pulling up.

He'll hang in there just in time for his anointed highly drafted successor to take over part way into 2021. Then become a backup for another team, and not get anther chance until 2023. Overthrowsen will be just another Matt Lienart disappointment.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
At the end of the day what matters is wins and loses. You can talk all day about arm strength, running ability, and coming back from behind, or whatever else you'd like to add here but the bottom line is did they win the game or lose the game. Which QB walked away with a "W' and which walked away with a "L". That is what counts in the NFL.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
At the end of the day what matters is wins and loses. You can talk all day about arm strength, running ability, and coming back from behind, or whatever else you'd like to add here but the bottom line is did they win the game or lose the game. Which QB walked away with a "W' and which walked away with a "L". That is what counts in the NFL.

You're right of course cardpa, but do you know the really sad thing is about the Murray debate?

It's there are people on here who, until the end of time, will spin every regular season victory, every playoff win, and even a championship, so that the narrative is "We won in spite of Murray, not because of him".

The will never, ever, give the kid credit for being a great player. It will instead be "great offensive line, great running game, great play calling, wide receivers bailed him out, bad opposing defense, etc."

It's a little annoying, and kind of comical how silly they look (remember "baghdad bob"?), but mostly I feel bad for them, because Murray is having such a negative effect on their Cardinal fandom.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ has been very anti-Murray and is still mad we got rid of Rosen for him. He’s holding a grudge and now resorting to comparing Minshew to Murray. In his world, both QBs can’t be good. Because Minshew has exceeded expectations, that must mean K1 wasn’t worth the #1 pick.

I’ve learned to take TJ’s opinions with a grain of salt because of how many times he’s been wrong in the past.

stalker

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're right of course cardpa, but do you know the really sad thing is about the Murray debate?

It's there are people on here who, until the end of time, will spin every regular season victory, every playoff win, and even a championship, so that the narrative is "We won in spite of Murray, not because of him".

The will never, ever, give the kid credit for being a great player. It will instead be "great offensive line, great running game, great play calling, wide receivers bailed him out, bad opposing defense, etc."

It's a little annoying, and kind of comical how silly they look (remember "baghdad bob"?), but mostly I feel bad for them, because Murray is having such a negative effect on their Cardinal fandom.
I can see this being said right now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling receipts to prove a point on a PUBLIC forum is NOT stalking.

Are you taking this literal?

Searching the forum to find a bunch of posts to prove your point while trashing a poster isn't stalking, no, its just pathetic.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Murray has certainly divided our members, there is no doubt about that. I have more concerns about Klingsbury than I do Murray. As dynamic as his offense was in college, he didn't win with it. I know people will be quick to point out his defense was never good however as a head coach you need to compensate for that and I don't think Klingsbury did. He wanted to play a wide open quick scoring offense and simply try to out score his opponent. Sometimes what you want to do and what you need to do are two different things and in Klingsbury case maybe if he tried to run some ball control offense at times and give his defense a rest maybe he would have won more games. To me Klingsbury's offense is an all or nothing deal. Based on the first two games the Cardinal offense was either 3 and out or down the field in a hurry on a few big plays. There longest drive in week 1 was 3:38 in 10 plays over 68 yds. Nine times off the field in less than 2 minutes. In week 2 it was 5:36 in 13 plays over 88 yds. Four times off the field in less than 2 minutes. In each game the Cardinals were off the field in less than a minute multiple times in each game.

In contrast Detroit had 3 5+ minute drives and Baltimore had one but it was 9 minutes and another of almost 5 minutes.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Murray has certainly divided our members, there is no doubt about that. I have more concerns about Klingsbury than I do Murray. As dynamic as his offense was in college, he didn't win with it. I know people will be quick to point out his defense was never good however as a head coach you need to compensate for that and I don't think Klingsbury did. He wanted to play a wide open quick scoring offense and simply try to out score his opponent. Sometimes what you want to do and what you need to do are two different things and in Klingsbury case maybe if he tried to run some ball control offense at times and give his defense a rest maybe he would have won more games. To me Klingsbury's offense is an all or nothing deal. Based on the first two games the Cardinal offense was either 3 and out or down the field in a hurry on a few big plays. There longest drive in week 1 was 3:38 in 10 plays over 68 yds. Nine times off the field in less than 2 minutes. In week 2 it was 5:36 in 13 plays over 88 yds. Four times off the field in less than 2 minutes. In each game the Cardinals were off the field in less than a minute multiple times in each game.

In contrast Detroit had 3 5+ minute drives and Baltimore had one but it was 9 minutes and another of almost 5 minutes.

An interesting analysis. Thank you. Personally, after last year, I'll take offensive production in any shape or form. Since this offense is still developing, maybe we'll see TOP even out some as K2 figures out what works and what does not. I do agree that good teams can control the clock with their offense when they need to, and that if were serious about winning a championship (in a couple of years), then we'll have to get better at this.

One other thing you and I agree on, is (incredibly), K2 is somewhat overlooked in terms of being a critical variable in the equation of this team's future success. You don't see a rookie head coach flying under the radar (at least a little) like has been Kingsbury, but he can thank Murray, who's been a lightening rod for attention.

K2 will have as much impact or more as Murray on whether we evolve into a great team. But again, like Murray, early returns on Kingsbury are encouraging. Would you agree?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
An interesting analysis. Thank you. Personally, after last year, I'll take offensive production in any shape or form. Since this offense is still developing, maybe we'll see TOP even out some as K2 figures out what works and what does not. I do agree that good teams can control the clock with their offense when they need to, and that if were serious about winning a championship (in a couple of years), then we'll have to get better at this.

One other thing you and I agree on, is (incredibly), K2 is somewhat overlooked in terms of being a critical variable in the equation of this team's future success. You don't see a rookie head coach flying under the radar (at least a little) like has been Kingsbury, but he can thank Murray, who's been a lightening rod for attention.

K2 will have as much impact or more as Murray on whether we evolve into a great team. But again, like Murray, early returns on Kingsbury are encouraging. Would you agree?

After watching today's game I'm not so sure. First game I got to watch because I live in SC and we get all the Panther games here. Watching the game I came away with an impression that Klingsbury offense is a pretty simple offense and very college like. It also didn't seem to have a great variety of plays other than some different options off a set of base plays. I guess a better way to put it is the offense doesn't seem to give a lot of different looks for the defense to defend against. It's certainly not what you normally see from most NFL offenses.

The one thing I didn't like was Murray's body language once the team got down. It seemed negative to me. I also didn't like that he doesn't spend any time or at least from what they showed during the game with the OC on the bench going over what the defense is doing. He spends time talking to Klingsbury but that's about it. Very Cam Newtonish to me and it's the one thing I never liked about Cam, he would just sit on the bench and never spent time with his OC on the iPad like you see with the better QBs in the league.

Klingsbury called a lot more runs for Murray today but the overall run game still stinks. Murray accounted for 80% of the offense today. Against Detroit it was 76% and against Baltimore it was 95%. I am basing this simply off of his passing yardage and rushing yardage versus what would be yardage gained by everyone else. As a comparison Allen came in at 60% and McCaffery was at 35%. Murray seems to be the sole focal point in Klingsbury offense and everyone else plays a minor role. One can argue that the WRs produced significant yardage with YAC, but Murray still s needs to get the ball to them in order for them to produce YAC.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
After watching today's game I'm not so sure. First game I got to watch because I live in SC and we get all the Panther games here. Watching the game I came away with an impression that Klingsbury offense is a pretty simple offense and very college like. It also didn't seem to have a great variety of plays other than some different options off a set of base plays. I guess a better way to put it is the offense doesn't seem to give a lot of different looks for the defense to defend against. It's certainly not what you normally see from most NFL offenses.

The one thing I didn't like was Murray's body language once the team got down. It seemed negative to me. I also didn't like that he doesn't spend any time or at least from what they showed during the game with the OC on the bench going over what the defense is doing. He spends time talking to Klingsbury but that's about it. Very Cam Newtonish to me and it's the one thing I never liked about Cam, he would just sit on the bench and never spent time with his OC on the iPad like you see with the better QBs in the league.

Klingsbury called a lot more runs for Murray today but the overall run game still stinks. Murray accounted for 80% of the offense today. Against Detroit it was 76% and against Baltimore it was 95%. I am basing this simply off of his passing yardage and rushing yardage versus what would be yardage gained by everyone else. As a comparison Allen came in at 60% and McCaffery was at 35%. Murray seems to be the sole focal point in Klingsbury offense and everyone else plays a minor role. One can argue that the WRs produced significant yardage with YAC, but Murray still s needs to get the ball to them in order for them to produce YAC.

Appreciate the write up.

Honestly, I thought the offense looked pretty good until we got down 28-20, but I do think the offensive line got its ass kicked again today pretty good.

I don't know. The defense was so bad today. It has to be disheartening to an offense to get the lead over and over and over, and the watch the defense give it up every time.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Appreciate the write up.

Honestly, I thought the offense looked pretty good until we got down 28-20, but I do think the offense line got its ass kicked again today pretty good.

I don't know. The defense was so bad today. It has to be disheartening to an offense to get the lead over and over and over, and the watch the defense give it up every time.

I'm not sure how much better the defense will be once Alford and Peterson are back. They still can't stop the run and they still can't cover TEs. We lose some physicality once Peterson is back at the one corner position. I agree the offense did look pretty good but it seems the entire offense centers around Murray and I think it's just too big for him at least right now.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much better the defense will be once Alford and Peterson are back. They still can't stop the run and they still can't cover TEs. We lose some physicality once Peterson is back at the one corner position. I agree the offense did look pretty good but it seems the entire offense centers around Murray and I think it's just too big for him at least right now.

When we get PP back, we'll have two players on the defensive roster that might start on other teams. It's really disheartening.

On offense, it will be gut check time against SEA. After getting run off the field like we did yesterday, it's not hard to imagine next Sunday the whole team coming out pretty flat, and just getting obliterated.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

It's been very comfortable living in your head rent-free.

Nice to know I have admirers on this forum.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
When we get PP back, we'll have two players on the defensive roster that might start on other teams. It's really disheartening.

On offense, it will be gut check time against SEA. After getting run off the field like we did yesterday, it's not hard to imagine next Sunday the whole team coming out pretty flat, and just getting obliterated.

I totally agree, this may very well be the tipping point for this team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson