Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Colorado beat ASU 28-21 last year and is coming into Tempe with some of the same cast of characters, including the same QB Montez, who threw for over 300 yards in last year's game, and Shenault who ripped our secondary for over 100 yards and is supposed to be a first round draft pick in the next NFL draft.

I think our defense is much better than last year, but not sure if they can hold the Buffs to one touch down. Jayden Daniels was in a walking boot after the MSU game and I hope its not one of those deals where they are keeping secret that he is not starting. Reading this morning on Azcentral.com that our starting LT, LaDarius Henderson, is a 17 year old true freshman, and our RG is a true freshman. I think the reshuffled O line was better last week with Cabral back at center, but it is still a big concern and they have yet to unleash any kind of running attack.

Let's hope the coaches can put together a decent game plan and maybe we can pull off another ugly win.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Colorado beat ASU 28-21 last year and is coming into Tempe with some of the same cast of characters, including the same QB Montez, who threw for over 300 yards in last year's game, and Shenault who ripped our secondary for over 100 yards and is supposed to be a first round draft pick in the next NFL draft.

I think our defense is much better than last year, but not sure if they can hold the Buffs to one touch down. Jayden Daniels was in a walking boot after the MSU game and I hope its not one of those deals where they are keeping secret that he is not starting. Reading this morning on Azcentral.com that our starting LT, LaDarius Henderson, is a 17 year old true freshman, and our RG is a true freshman. I think the reshuffled O line was better last week with Cabral back at center, but it is still a big concern and they have yet to unleash any kind of running attack.

Let's hope the coaches can put together a decent game plan and maybe we can pull off another ugly win.

- The defense is clearly better. I am not very high on Montez. He is merely average with bursts of good play. Colorado does have some good WRs but I think the ASU secondary is up to the challenge.

- The fact that the ASU OL looked any better, imo, is because Cabral was back at center. He is an experienced calming influence and that was against the best DL this team will likely face all year.

- Colorado is overrated based on 1 half of play against Nebraska. The first half of the Nebraska game, Colorado was completely dominated up and down the field. Nebraska came out in the 2nd half and played timid and the Husker OL was terrible with communicating stunts.

- No conference game is ever easy and with this Devils team it seems no game will be easy but I simply don't buy Colorado. There is something about this Sun Devils team that just feels different.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get your predictions in people!

I understand that Mainstreet is sending a $5 check to whoever comes the closest to predicting the final score. ;);)

Of course, I may be wrong on that

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get your predictions in people!

I understand that Mainstreet is sending a $5 check to whoever comes the closest to predicting the final score. ;);)

Of course, I may be wrong on that

And you would take my lunch money. :p

I always hesitate to predict scores so I won't. Devils need to get their offense going earlier in this game.

Go Devils!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colorado wins the coin flip and takes the opening kick and drives it down the field for the touchdown. There was not much resistance from the ASU defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zendejas, who is kicking tonight, misses his first field goal attempt of the season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to be a long night as Colorado scores their second touchdown. So much for the defense.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Without the penalty on Eno there’s no kickoff return to fumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devils could have been up 3 except for the missed field goal. It could turn into a shootout tonight.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devils tie it up. Can we say offensive show.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they playing man to man coverage like last week?

For the most part it looks like man-to-man coverage. No pass rush doesn't help.

I think the Devils got a break at the end of the half when Colorado took the field goal instead of going for the touchdown the way they were moving the ball.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
This game is bananas. Complete reversal of all the previous trends ASU had shown so far this season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Looking like it's going to be the same ASU team as last year - they will be in every game down to the wire, win ones they should lose (like last week) and lose ones they should win in equal proportion.

Probably another 7 win season filled with lots of very close losses. I guess that's a Herm Edwards team for you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave