Does This Make Sense?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not sure it will matter much as long as they keep running the goal line offense out of the shotgun. I also don't expect to see Murray under center since he hasn't taken snaps that way and I don't see that changing in the near or far future.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And you are assuming that our lack of RZ success won't necessitate any changes. I hope that's not what happens.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure it will matter much as long as they keep running the goal line offense out of the shotgun. I also don't expect to see Murray under center since he hasn't taken snaps that way and I don't see that changing in the near or far future.
He played under center for a couple of snaps. One was for a play action pass.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

4:50 mark

and 6:52

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bringing back Wes Hills. Or a similar type of RB, considering our trouble scoring in the Red Zone.
Maybe but I see no reason why we can't get into the end zone with CE & DJ from a power formation (22 personnel)? The "Air Raid" works between the 20's but it's based on route concepts that close or shrink considerably once you get into the red zone, especially inside the 5 yd line. KK will figure this out I truly believe. So many things you can do out of the power formations, giving the defense things to think about. The rushing TD out of the shotgun we scored Sunday could still be used under center or in the shotgun with 22 personnel. You can always have a back leap over the top on 1st down, if it doesn't work, line up in the same formation (22 personnel) fake the hand off, let the back leap, KM keeps it & runs it in. You can use misdirection in 22 personnel, try a play on 1st down & if it doesn't work, same play & formation on 2nd down, naked bootleg keeper from KM or a pitch into the flat or one of the TE's leak out into the flat for a pass wide open. So many things we can do from a power formation 5 yd line or closer. Maybe KK doesn't trust our run blocking or it just isn't in his philosophy to run the ball? I think he will figure it out soon if he wants to win games. Scoring even one TD in one of our two games inside the 5, rather than the FG would have us at 1-1 right now.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are forgetting that the Cardinals have a Rookie HC who has never coached at any level in the NFL and he is calling all of the offensive plays. Plays and game calling that haven't been battle tested in the NFL for the most part. Oh and the Cardinals have a Rookie QB running said offense.

It's going to take some time for both KK and K1 to learn and adapt to the NFL.

I'm sure KK has a ton of plays that look great on paper. However until they are battle tested against NFL defenses a few time, KK won't know for sure if they will be successful or if it's time to throw them onto the scrap heap. This is part of the growing pains of installing a totally new offense with a rookie coach and QB learning on the fly.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is Wes Hills?

In preseason game 1 IIRC he made several strong runs and showed energy and didn't get taken down easily. Then we didn't see him the rest of the preseason and it turns out he had some kind of injury.

Harry is not a fan of Hills and it looks like the FO shares this opinion.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is Wes Hills?

In preseason game 1 IIRC he made several strong runs and showed energy and didn't get taken down easily. Then we didn't see him the rest of the preseason and it turns out he had some kind of injury.

Harry is not a fan of Hills and it looks like the FO shares this opinion.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe but I see no reason why we can't get into the end zone with CE & DJ from a power formation (22 personnel)? The "Air Raid" works between the 20's but it's based on route concepts that close or shrink considerably once you get into the red zone, especially inside the 5 yd line. KK will figure this out I truly believe. So many things you can do out of the power formations, giving the defense things to think about. The rushing TD out of the shotgun we scored Sunday could still be used under center or in the shotgun with 22 personnel. You can always have a back leap over the top on 1st down, if it doesn't work, line up in the same formation (22 personnel) fake the hand off, let the back leap, KM keeps it & runs it in. You can use misdirection in 22 personnel, try a play on 1st down & if it doesn't work, same play & formation on 2nd down, naked bootleg keeper from KM or a pitch into the flat or one of the TE's leak out into the flat for a pass wide open. So many things we can do from a power formation 5 yd line or closer. Maybe KK doesn't trust our run blocking or it just isn't in his philosophy to run the ball? I think he will figure it out soon if he wants to win games. Scoring even one TD in one of our two games inside the 5, rather than the FG would have us at 1-1 right now.
I have posted the use of 22 personnel in a number of threads....and not just on the goal line. That package would force 8 in the box and if they don’t put 8 in the box we should be able to run the ball.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hills ran like his hair was on fire. He bulldozed his way into the line. We don’t have a back on this team that can ( or wants to) do that. He’s not a featured back but he appears to be s guy if you need a yard he will get you a yard and 1 inch.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have posted the use of 22 personnel in a number of threads....and not just on the goal line. That package would force 8 in the box and if they don’t put 8 in the box we should be able to run the ball.
I would love to sit down with KK & diagram some different plays up from 22 personnel. So so many things you can do out of it. We definitely need it inside the 5 yd line. It could open up some seam passes as well faking the handoff with 22 personnel.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
G, I'm not totally mad at you with this. The fact is that it's been some time since we had a "workhorse back" coming off the bench. TJ, Chase. even going back to LSH have all been the type of backs who do just enough to provide some versatility in play calling and make things interesting. If we had to have the tough yards in a game right now, if DJ can't go, who do we turn to? At this point it's DJ Foster. I say give him some damn carries in relief, or to your point Wes would be the answer as well.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hills ran like his hair was on fire. He bulldozed his way into the line. We don’t have a back on this team that can ( or wants to) do that. He’s not a featured back but he appears to be s guy if you need a yard he will get you a yard and 1 inch.

EXACTAMUNDO SLAN!!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would love to sit down with KK & diagram some different plays up from 22 personnel. So so many things you can do out of it. We definitely need it inside the 5 yd line. It could open up some seam passes as well faking the handoff with 22 personnel.

As a Cardinal fan, I think I trust KK more than you but...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose