OT: Steelers trade 1st rd pick for Minkah Fitzpatrick

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The league needs to step in on this clown show. It is unfair to fans
Meh. You can't force teams to be competitive. That would mean arbitrary rules that impact everyone because of their actions. The league could fine them or something but I don't see much else. If this is how they want to build their team, let em do it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Ironically I wondered if the Steelers could compete with Miami for the #1 pick. This is a good trade for Miami

Since the Cardinals already recorded a tie, they are out of the running for the number one pick. I think Miami could actually run the table. Would be nice for those former Dolphins players from the 1972 undefeated team who pop the cork every time a team loses their first game even though they only played a 14 game season. Pure Bush league. Overgrown babies. They will lose more than 14 this year

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
odd -- Pittsburgh has top 5 kinda pick potential

this feels like more of a move by a playoff contender who figures to be drafting in the 20s

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why on earth would the Steelers do this? Big Ben is out and there not really going anywhere this year. I mean I get if a team was a contender but what does this do for the Steelers.

5 1st round draft picks over the next 2 years is insane.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the way Tunsil and Fitzpatrick are nice players but far from elite. I don’t think either of these guys were worthy of what they got. Good for the Dolphins

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
How is it unfair to the fans? No ones forces anyone to support any team.

Where were you during all those years at Sun Devils Stadium when the stadium was 90% empty and the bathrooms weren’t cleaned after the ASU game the day before? Oh wait, you joined the board in 2016. I am in my 30’s and still angry about the way the franchise was handled.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The Cardinals would not have lasted till Glendale if this was an old rule.

I still remember the odor in the bathrooms at Sun Devil Stadium on Sundays after an ASU game the night before. And I remember trying to park. Not befitting of the NFL. But I don’t remember a team in the NFL this lacking in talent because of poor management as the Dolphins. The guys who play don’t want to get their knees shredded because they are “Tanking for Tua”. This is the worst I have seen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m surprised the Steelers did this on a down year when they could possibly use a top 10 pick on a QB. BR may be done, he’s 37 years old.

All indications are that it's an injury that he can bounce back from. Elbows can be tricky though. I thought they may tank & fire Tomlin in the process, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. They're a proud franchise that will never lose sight of the ultimate goal. Hence, the decision to trade their #1 for a potential start CB. Kudos to them.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Big Ben out for the year this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They must have a ton of faith in their back up QB, whoever that is.
Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges (undrafted rookie Samford not Stanford). Trade makes little sense to me. They have lost their top 3 offensive players, Bell, Brown, Roethlisberger and they trade their possibly top 10 draft pick for a nickel CB. Dolphins are filling the war chest. Steelers , as it stands don't pick until the 110th selection in draft 2020.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Miami, your "Tank for Tua" strategy will blow up in your face. Ever hear of the "Suck for Luck" strategy where you bring in a stud young QB and surround him with trash?

Signed,
Colts Fans

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems like a stupid trade from both sides.

Pittsburgh should be keeping it to draft a future QB high if the season sucks.

Miami should be keeping a good young player which is a sure thing over a pick that could easily bust, since their own pick will already give them the QB of their choice.