Quick Reactions - Week 2

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals desperately need a RB who can pass block.

DJ is REALLY bad. The offensive line did a fairly good job overall, but I wouldnt doubt if DJ gave up the most pressures.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly based on the little I'd seen, if we'd have picked him I'd have probably been mad. But yesterday he looked terrific. He's not Aaron Rodgers back there but he is such a great runner you have to defend him differently so there's always going to be less defenders in the secondary due to threat of run. he made some throws yesterday that had you thinking he is legit.

I was expecting him to come down to earth not playing Miami again but we could not stop him

Jackson has improved a bunch since last season.i watched him for 3 years at Louisville.He got little coaching at Uof L (QB coach was Petrinos son) and was basically the only real offensive threat so he ran for his life constantly at UL.Anyway he has made good progress and the Cards can hope Murray shows as much improvement after a year of NFL coaching.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind that LJ has always been a running QB, while KM is just a QB that can run. I'll admit I like it when my QB can pick up yards with his legs. but have my fingers crossed that he doesn't get injured.

LJ was a running QB because he had little or no help offensively at Louisville.He was mostly the whole offense .Very little coaching help.Once LJ got to NFL he got real cvoaching and it is showing with the results.He is still a work in progress but he continues to improve.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He’s been throwing off his back foot since preseason. For a guy who’s also supposed to be a professional baseball player it makes zero sense.

Even at OU Murray didn't have a traditional throwing motion, at least not consistently driving the ball off moving forward. This is not one of the things that I'm concerned about right now.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the thing that was driving me nuts. With 5 guys on the LOS, why couldn't they set the edges better? Last year against Mahomes, they did such an excellent job of keeping him in the pocket. Yesterday, Lamar had the option to burst outside really just about every play. You could see it the second the play started. So I don't know what that was. Was it those two just selling out too hard to get sacks?

He did seem to have a good game by the eye test. I'd be curious to hear how he he graded out.
They couldn't set the edges better because Jackson was a half-step faster and outran them to the corner.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jackson in college was not very accurate, although he was a great athlete. Usually coaching doesn't help to make a QB more accurate when he gets to the NFL. But no doubt he's improved a lot, accuracy wise.

Murray, on the other hand, should benefit from coaching when it comes to throwing off his back foot. We'll see.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson struggles a little when he throws on the run. Let's not forget he missed some wide open receivers at times. He's benefitting from an extremely clean pocket also. Harbaugh is one of the best HC's in the NFL & always has a top notch staff. They are developing this kid nicely & Jackson WANTS to be great. That's half the battle. I still think he runs too much & it'll eventually bite him in the a$$. But the dude is super fast, super slippery. If he continues to get better, the Ravens will be a handful for years to come.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s been throwing off his back foot since preseason. For a guy who’s also supposed to be a professional baseball player it makes zero sense.

Good baseball players throw rockets off their back feet all the time, you never watched an infielder throw out a speedster after an awkward hop?

Of course KM isn't throwing bb's of his back foot, but so far...he's mostly getting away with it.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Jackson struggles a little when he throws on the run. Let's not forget he missed some wide open receivers at times. He's benefitting from an extremely clean pocket also. Harbaugh is one of the best HC's in the NFL & always has a top notch staff. They are developing this kid nicely & Jackson WANTS to be great. That's half the battle. I still think he runs too much & it'll eventually bite him in the a$$. But the dude is super fast, super slippery. If he continues to get better, the Ravens will be a handful for years to come.

Yeah I agree, it only takes one hit.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing about Jackson is he always makes a big leap from year 1 to year 2.

His freshman in college he didn't even look like he'd be playing QB in college the following year. That following year he won the Heisman.

However, he might have been ruined under Wilks last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson