Hey Kliff, might want to grow a pair if you want to try and Win a game

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I said this in a thread somewhere as well...... I never thought Kliff would be this conservative. It's honestly, very alarming IMO.

I may be wrong, but I think he is going against analytics in some cases. The extra point last week before the last TD & 2pt conversion is one. The 4th and 1 from the goal line...... Really unnerving in this day and age.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Uh oh you've just opened a thread that will undoubtedly have people posting 362 reasons for that lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're back to watching a team that moves the ball great "between the 20's" as they used to say. I guess these days it could be "between the 25 and 20" (although not with our poor starting field position as of late). Then inside the 20, or even the 10, it's a whole different story.

If a player (outside of the red zone) is racing toward the end zone we are basically hoping and praying he gets in on that play because if he is stopped we are more than likely getting a FG. :|

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The decisions to settle for a FG has been the right decision so far as frustrating as it has been.

Grow a pair needs to be applied to running the ball. Show a commitment to your offensive line, your team and to opposing defenses that when and if we have to we are going to punch you in the nose.

When we do that other things will open up. An incomplete pass into the end zone is no worse than a 2 yard run. A 2 yd run will at the very least make a defense respect that fact.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have went for it on that 4th and 1 in the first Qrt.

Truth is he should have challenged the 2nd down play. Byrd looked like he got the first down.
I know the play you’re talking about. They never showed the replay but it appeared his knee didn’t touch and he rolled over the defender another 2 yards.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I’ma put this on Kliff being a rookie NFL HC.

If this is still happening in the 2nd half of the season/next season, then it’s a big problem.

its where im at

fully expected some learning for a new HC, adjusting his offense to the NFL

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
The decisions to settle for a FG has been the right decision so far as frustrating as it has been.

Grow a pair needs to be applied to running the ball. Show a commitment to your offensive line, your team and to opposing defenses that when and if we have to we are going to punch you in the nose.

When we do that other things will open up. An incomplete pass into the end zone is no worse than a 2 yard run. A 2 yd run will at the very least make a defense respect that fact.
Yep helped us tie the lions game and got us within three in the ravens game. Just gotta get better in the red zone.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what is bugging me today.

He gets cute again and uses Larry in the RPO in the opening quarter. Larry is amazing at getting open and catching the ball...he isn't a guy with jet speed or is great in open space. It doesn't even make sense but he is clearly thinking "No one will expect this"

So he is trying to be the smartest guy in the room up until 4th down. Once it doesn't work he then tries to minimize the damage he did by playing it safe. It's almost like being in the red zone is his carte blanche to try some unusual things because at least he will get 3

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He gets cute again and uses Larry in the RPO in the opening quarter. Larry is amazing at getting open and catching the ball...he isn't a guy with jet speed or is great in open space. It doesn't even make sense but he is clearly thinking "No one will expect this"

So he is trying to be the smartest guy in the room up until 4th down. Once it doesn't work he then tries to minimize the damage he did by playing it safe. It's almost like being in the red zone is his carte blanche to try some unusual things because at least he will get 3
Or use kirk or byrd on rpo and might have better results than a aging fitz speed wise lol i wouldn't once use fitz on a rpo in madden cause of speed just saying:)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals are now the first team since the NFL moved the goal posts in 1974 to attempt 3 field goal attempts in a game, while trailing, from inside the 5-yard line.
I guess he really is revolutionizing the game...just not in a positive direction.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals are now the first team since the NFL moved the goal posts in 1974 to attempt 3 field goal attempts in a game, while trailing, from inside the 5-yard line.

This is ridiculous. KK made the correct decision to kick field goals on 4th and goal.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
it infuriated me to be honest, but it I agree it was the right decision. What makes me more irritated however is the lack of ingenuity. For the love of all things holy, you have nothing but speed and 1 bruiser of a back who can also catch passes exceptionally well. For all for KK's ingenuity, we should be in no ways settling for 3, time and time again. We're gonna lose more games than we win doing that, and waste workable efforts by the defense. They did the job yesterday to get us a win and we crapped it away.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. KK made the correct decision to kick field goals on 4th and goal.
As demonstrated by the fact that they had a chance to march down the field for the win in the 4th quarter it wasn't exactly a horrible decision. Now imagine he goes for it on 4th down and we don't get it. Now we're probably not even in a position to have a chance in the 4th quarter.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We also scored a TD on a larry fitz jet sweep fake and handoff to DJ where DJ walked right in. looks like they set it up with the previous plays.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

There are numerous articles out there this morning talking about exactly this. They all revolve around whether or not these decisions increase or decrease statistical win probability. Im not sure how I feel about it, as that methodology doesnt account for the possibility of putting points up/coming up empty can bolster a teams confidence or cause frustration and perhaps influence how they play, as individuals, and henceforth as a team.

This statistical analysis aspect of sporting is both fascinating and annoying to me...