Vance Joseph

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m the furthest thing from impressed thus far but I keep telling myself that Horton and Bowles’ D were trash the first four weeks of their inaugural seasons.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That Ravens Offense is legit and we don't have our two starting CB's and didn't really end up with a good DE to start the season. I'd like to see how many yards on the ground we gave up minus Jackson's yards.

I want to see the defense which will will stop Jackson if the guy keeps running like this and continues to throw dimes

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are playing great D down our top 2 CBs, a DE that pulled a gun on strippers, and missing 1 more legit ILB. If we could get someone on our Dline that can draw a double team and another legit LB we would tighten up really quick. The dead salary cap hell we are in is our own undoing.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
That Ravens Offense is legit and we don't have our two starting CB's and didn't really end up with a good DE to start the season. I'd like to see how many yards on the ground we gave up minus Jackson's yards.

62 on 17 rushes

in fairness, Jackson had many of his yards as a result of the D crashing down on the RB at the handoff

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're staying in games, but I'm really not liking how our LBs play zone. Too statue-esque and too shallow. It seems easy to find soft gaps between the LBs laterally, and between the second and third level.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Jackson played very well too, he shook off a few sacks that nearly any other QB would take. Granted he missed on a couple of deep balls but the secondary was always within distance there. I think the D played very well overall and gave us a chance to win. Murphy specifically has impressed me so much, that dude is a stud.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm freaking impressed considering last season and our starting corner situation. Correcting a Holcomb/Wilks defense is basically auditioning for MacGyver

You must be registered for see images attach

I measure a defense by how well they do after we score points. I may not be 100% accurate, but I think the Ravens drove down the field on us after most of our scores. It takes the momentum back away from us. Jackson is no doubt a weapon, but he missed some WIDE OPEN receivers at times. I like the kid, but Murray is far more accurate overall.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are playing great D down our top 2 CBs, a DE that pulled a gun on strippers, and missing 1 more legit ILB. If we could get someone on our Dline that can draw a double team and another legit LB we would tighten up really quick. The dead salary cap hell we are in is our own undoing.
I wouldn't call our chasers being outrun over and over by Lamar Jackson "great D."

That said - our defense certainly kept us in the game, and if we can improve a few one-on-one coverage techniques, avoid whiffs on blitz control and find a way to contain the L Jacksons and R Wilsons of the world we'll be better than competitive on defense.

In a nutshell: How good a teacher is Vance Joseph?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
62 on 17 rushes

in fairness, Jackson had many of his yards as a result of the D crashing down on the RB at the handoff
And Jones getting too far upfield on his rushes plus getting held when he did, edge was there for Lamar to take off all day. I was wondering this week how both Suggs & Jones would play this game, given the running ability of Lamar. Didn't think they would let up a little on rushing just to counter his running, they went full throttle rushing him.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And Jones getting too far upfield on his rushes plus getting held when he did, edge was there for Lamar to take off all day. I was wondering this week how both Suggs & Jones would play this game, given the running ability of Lamar. Didn't think they would let up a little on rushing just to counter his running, they went full throttle rushing him.

What other teams are doing against Kyler is bull rushing and pushing the pocket straight into him, or only rushing a couple yards up field and then maintaining the edge, which gives him no running lanes. I don't understand why Chandler was taking the outside edge all the way behind Lamar all the time opening up that left side lane for him to bolt out of.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s made pretty good halftime adjustments. Joseph plays too much zone & it killed us in 3rd & long situations over & over because we didn’t have enough pressure on the QB.

If you play man against Jackson he will eat your lunch with his scrambling and running ability.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What other teams are doing against Kyler is bull rushing and pushing the pocket straight into him, or only rushing a couple yards up field and then maintaining the edge, which gives him no running lanes. I don't understand why Chandler was taking the outside edge all the way behind Lamar all the time opening up that left side lane for him to bolt out of.
I was mad as hell everytime I saw how far Chandler was because I knew Lamar would expose all that space. I was wishing someone would zap him with a stun gun so he would stop running lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson