Cardinals at Ravens gameday thread 9-15-19

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We had two possessions to take the lead and he played small and without command of the game. Has he had nice moments? Yes. Has he had any of those when we weren't trailing? I can't think of any.

Playing big when the game matters and the pressure is on is one thing. Playing big when you have nothing to lose is totally different. Squeak has yet to do the former. Just saying.
:biglaugh:

Chop come on man did he not play big last week in the 4th quarter & OT last week? Yeah Kyler sucked on that last minute TD Drive & 2 pointer to tie the game. He had us on the verge of winning the game in OT as well until a BS no call personal foul by the refs ended that threat.

And today we had penalt & mistake after mistake on those last 2 drives that didn’t help his chances. Sure he could’ve made a few more throws, but calling out Kyler as the reason we couldn’t pull out this victory is beyond ridiculous man.

If you don’t like the kid fine, but Kyler Murray IS NOT the reason this team is 0-1-1. Plenty of blame to go around

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had zero passing TDs

He led the team to 17 total points.

He couldn’t throw a fade in the end zone to save his life

He turtled when there was slight pressure

His communication with his offensive personnel was poor

IF you want to anoint him as the messiah, that’s your prerogative. He has strides he has to make, though.

Who called for the fades in the end zone?

I'm wondering what "real" pressure is when "slight" is a missile less than a yard away.

And turtles get to play another day, while lions, like Luck, retire early or go through multiple shoulder surgeries like Cam.

The noise was obviously a factor in communication. Who to blame, if anyone?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quote from the Ravens DC before the game, NFL teams
I know that but like I said it doesn’t matter who the TE is it’s been an issue for 20 years.

Except for the years we had Tony Jefferson IIRC.

Reactions: PJ1

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only got to see the last seven minutes, so I decided to read this thread backwards. I got from page 60 down to 57, and I think I get the idea. Not that BALT was a 13 point favorite, we lost because of play calling, and in the words of one KM hater, he only plays well some of the time. Next week will be tough, but, unlike last year, I'm looking forward to the game. Hopefully, we'l

Playing well some of the time is pretty damn good in Cardinals land :)

But yes we should want even more.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Still have to get the ball in the end zone.FGs are okay but TDs are much better.Ravens showed the benefits of using a TE as offensive option.KK should consider that fact.Might be something to consider for next draft as another option for Murray.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have to get the ball in the end zone.FGs are okay but TDs are much better.Ravens showed the benefits of using a TE as offensive option.KK should consider that fact.Might be something to consider for next draft as another option for Murray.

Basically Murray is finding out how hard TDs are in the pros but it will come with some experience

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Who called for the fades in the end zone?

I'm wondering what "real" pressure is when "slight" is a missile less than a yard away.

And turtles get to play another day, while lions, like Luck, retire early or go through multiple shoulder surgeries like Cam.

The noise was obviously a factor in communication. Who to blame, if anyone?
The QB...? Who else has command of the offense on the field and can put a ball where the WR can make a play on it?

letbob

Reaction score
I hate fades. I read their success rate in the nfl is like 14 percent. They should just never be called.
I agree. We are wasting plays when the game is on the line. Every defense is looking for them in the Red Zone. We are fooling no one, ever.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Chop come on man did he not play big last week in the 4th quarter & OT last week? Yeah Kyler sucked on that last minute TD Drive & 2 pointer to tie the game. He had us on the verge of winning the game in OT as well until a BS no call personal foul by the refs ended that threat.

And today we had penalt & mistake after mistake on those last 2 drives that didn’t help his chances. Sure he could’ve made a few more throws, but calling out Kyler as the reason we couldn’t pull out this victory is beyond ridiculous man.

If you don’t like the kid fine, but Kyler Murray IS NOT the reason this team is 0-1-1. Plenty of blame to go around
He got us a FG in overtime and then could not get us into FG position after that to win the game.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game. I see we had two sacks and was wondering who had them? How did Suggs do against his old team?

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the least mad I have been after a loss in a while. (And, no, I have not had any of my husband's muscle relaxers.) The team looked a lot better than last week. I didn't like all the play calling and we should have gotten into the end zone more, but I feel okay with this. We have a rookie head coach and a rookie QB. There's a learning curve there.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game. I see we had two sacks and was wondering who had them? How did Suggs do against his old team?
Didn't hear suggs name at all, but Corey Peters did have one sack.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The QB...? Who else has command of the offense on the field and can put a ball where the WR can make a play on it?

Oh... so the guy on the sidelines looking down at what seems to be a play sheet is actually talking to himself in a mic?

Must say, the intricacies of American football are fascinating, good to have you to clear them up. Thanx!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling that we won't be taking an offensive lineman in the first round. I don't love it, but I don't think it will happen.
Only other position acceptable would be pass-rusher(Chase Young or A.J. Epenesa), but I don’t think we’re going to be bad enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave