This team has fight.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Highly doubt we see a tougher environment to play in than today, rest of the season. Maybe in New Orleans at MB Superdome but that's it. This team competed when everyone thought they would get blowed out. No team on our schedule scares me after today. On a sidenote: when we get our starting CB's back, one of our current starters needs to have his sole responsibility be................cover the TE no matter what lol.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of communication problems but with a rookie QB that’s to be expected. I fully expect that to get better as the year goes on

But yes things are looking up

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Expect 5-6 wins and a bunch of close losses. That's how a team looks on year one of a proper rebuild.
Next year the close losses become wins, if the team follows the right track on the rebuilding. Fix the lines and we are sweet.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Expect 5-6 wins and a bunch of close losses. That's how a team looks on year one of a proper rebuild.
Next year the close losses become wins, if the team follows the right track on the rebuilding. Fix the lines and we are sweet.

Have to learn to cover tight ends and develop a run game. Vance Joseph is doing a particularly good job with what he has. For Goodness sake, he has to deal with Cassius Marsh pretending to be Daniel Laruso after drawing a terrible penalty that may have cost the game

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Team needs to start quicker, playing from behind the whole game puts a lot of pressure on your rookie QB. Team can't bring FG's to a TD fight, they are moving the ball but aren't converting their red zone opportunities.
Poor play calling in the red zone be Kliff for 2 games now. 1 run inside the 10 from what I remember today

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree , I always tell my teams at the end of the day let them know who they played ! Make em feel it !

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Team needs to start quicker, playing from behind the whole game puts a lot of pressure on your rookie QB. Team can't bring FG's to a TD fight, they are moving the ball but aren't converting their red zone opportunities.
If by "team" you mean "the QB", then yes, the team needs to start quicker. I will say it would be nice to see the defense come out and make a stop.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Poor play calling in the red zone be Kliff for 2 games now. 1 run inside the 10 from what I remember today
I would argue the execution needs to be better. Putting the ball in the hands of your #1 draft pick QB seems like a good call.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would argue the execution needs to be better. Putting the ball in the hands of your #1 draft pick QB seems like a good call.
I agree Chop, but you have to try & run more than we have in the NFL on a compacted field of play in the red zone. It’s a huge thing I’ve never liked about Kliff going back to Tech.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If by "team" you mean "the QB", then yes, the team needs to start quicker. I will say it would be nice to see the defense come out and make a stop.
Start wasn't bad. Marched the ball down the field on 2 of the first 3 drives, but just didn't execute in the red-zone. Last week was a legitimately slow start, but this one was okay, but we just have to find that end zone.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

No by team, we mean team. Playcalling, especially in the red zone, needs to improve. The lines have been inconsistent, dj needs to run stronger, our secondary needs to know what a te is and learn to cover them,etc

Lots of problems but that is expected of a rebuilding team. One player doesn't win or lose a game.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm fine with the start so far, it is a little more than I expected out of the team. But I do question how long moral victories will hold up. I don't expect us to compete again until Cincy, and even then I don't expect a win.

The Panthers look a little easier than I was thinking though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm fine with the start so far, it is a little more than I expected out of the team. But I do question how long moral victories will hold up. I don't expect us to compete again until Cincy, and even then I don't expect a win.

Ya boy Kirk Cousins

You already know what I’m about to say

Looks....

:cheers:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Well in theory the offense should start to click more and more as the season goes along. Therefor if we can snag a couple wins in the next 2-3 games than we might have a chance at a decent record.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am thrilled with what the Cards have done so far this season compared to last year. Sure there is plenty to improve upon but most of those issues can be fixed with practice and experience.

Ironic that we are 2 for 2 on two point conversations but our red zone O sucks out loud. The positive is that KK has plays that will work in the close so I feel good about our RZ O improving.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree Chop, but you have to try & run more than we have in the NFL on a compacted field of play in the red zone. It’s a huge thing I’ve never liked about Kliff going back to Tech.
I know we scored the rushing TD out of the shotgun but I agree with you, have to run the ball a little more. When at the 1-3 yd line, go under center & pound the ball in.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

We will compete in the next 3. Panthers, Shehawks & Bengals. Ironically, I will be at 2 of the 3. Flying out to the game against the shehawks & driving to the game in Cincinnati, only a 1.5 hr drive from Louisville.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No complaints but do agree we need to run in the red zone. I don't believe Johnson was available for one of the series. Still wish we had better depth at RB. Murray doesn't throw the fade very well either.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No by team, we mean team. Playcalling, especially in the red zone, needs to improve. The lines have been inconsistent, dj needs to run stronger, our secondary needs to know what a te is and learn to cover them,etc

Lots of problems but that is expected of a rebuilding team. One player doesn't win or lose a game.
Don't feed the trolls. :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson