Did the Cards sign DE Cassius Marsh??

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Marsh may have cost the Cardinals a win today and then went full Cobra Kai Johnny Lawrence after changing field position by 25 yards. One of the most undisciplined plays and celebrations I have ever seen. Needs to be held accountable this week

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Marsh may have cost the Cardinals a win today and then went full Cobra Kai Johnny Lawrence after changing field position by 25 yards. One of the most undisciplined plays and celebrations I have ever seen. Needs to be held accountable this week

I didn't think that was a horse collar.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't think it should have been a penalty either. Thought he flashed on a few plays for us. Like the signing thus far.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
[
I’ve never heard of a double horse collar but he definitely grabbed inside the neck collar on the front and back. So yeah, think it was. Maybe he should learn to tackle. Less time practicing kicks.

I don't think he grabbed the inside of the collar on the tackle from behind but my understanding is that any tackle jerking the body high from behind is consider a penalty regardless if you have the collar

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a horse collar but again, Jackson stiffarmed him right in the face nearly took his helmet off doing it. That should have been offsetting personal fouls IMO

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True to his nature, intense player all game, stupid penalties part of the package. Same guy the Seahawks fans said he was when we signed him - and they still wanted to keep him.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He didn't realize he made the horse collar tackle which is alarming in itself so the celebration was out of place. He has made several plays applying pressure and a sack or two.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't realize he made the horse collar tackle which is alarming in itself so the celebration was out of place. He has made several plays applying pressure and a sack or two.

If you watch Im' convinced he thought they were flagging Jackson for the stiffarm to the facemask that nearly lifted Marsh' helmet off. Yeah he should have known it was a collar thing the way the Ravens reacted, but I think he had the same reaction I did, they're actually going to call a facemask or similar on the offensive player with the ball.

To be fair in the Saints game, Peters ripped the helmet off a Saints player and it rolled out of bounds and the refs missed it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a horse collar but again, Jackson stiffarmed him right in the face nearly took his helmet off doing it. That should have been offsetting personal fouls IMO
Stiff arming, even into the face is legal

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if it's an open hand and there's no grab. I frankly thought Jackson at least at one point had a closed hand. He didn't graband twist the helmet(both penalties for a runner) but IMO at one point as he was pushing the helmet up he had closed the hand to get a better push.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had a block in the back on a punt return also. The horse collar was obvious to me. Seems like an undisciplined maroon in my opinion. That penalty was a killer.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which seems weird in the era of player safety rules. If linemen jam the face , penalty, if runners jam the face play on.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I didn't think that was a horse collar.

Debatable. Regardless. The celebration was totally inappropriate and immature. Should never happen

I didn't think it should have been a penalty either. Thought he flashed on a few plays for us. Like the signing thus far.

Being at the game, I had a very clear view of it. To me, my friends, and the rest of the people in my section, it was a clear horse collar.

Like crystal clear.

It pissed us off too since it altered the entire drive.

that play...... & the Andrews non-catch that was ruled a fumble... caused HUGE swings in the game and time of possession.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being at the game, I had a very clear view of it. To me, my friends, and the rest of the people in my section, it was a clear horse collar.

Like crystal clear.

It pissed us off too since it altered the entire drive.

that play...... & the Andrews non-catch that was ruled a fumble... caused HUGE swings in the game and time of possession.

I still have no idea what football move means? On the replay the guy who was their ref expert said catches the ball, 2 hands down, football move that's a catch and fumble. I don't know what that means to me the 1 foot was down, the 2nd came down as he was catching it, then he got hit and lost the ball. he made no move after the catch. if football move means 2 feet down I've seen that called the other way repeatedly. I thought they changed the rule to make it more clear this year but I still have no idea why that wasn't incomplete, he made no move at all after the catch, didn't try to run, didn't try to go down. Slo mo there's a definite delay from the catch to the hit but that's not supposed to matter in the football move part IIRC.

But to be fair I thought the review on the PI was blown too I thought we got there early.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still have no idea what football move means? On the replay the guy who was their ref expert said catches the ball, 2 hands down, football move that's a catch and fumble. I don't know what that means to me the 1 foot was down, the 2nd came down as he was catching it, then he got hit and lost the ball. he made no move after the catch. if football move means 2 feet down I've seen that called the other way repeatedly. I thought they changed the rule to make it more clear this year but I still have no idea why that wasn't incomplete, he made no move at all after the catch, didn't try to run, didn't try to go down. Slo mo there's a definite delay from the catch to the hit but that's not supposed to matter in the football move part IIRC.

But to be fair I thought the review on the PI was blown too I thought we got there early.
We have played a 100 years of football and we still don't know what a catch is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What was even worse was the kickoff that was out of bounds. They said he caught it in bounds and then stepped out, but he only had one foot in. I thought you had to have two feet in to catch the ball? (not really a question)