The tie must die

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tell you what, when the Cardinals finish the season 4-11-1, you can remember it as 4-12 if it makes you feel better.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
I maintain that college rules for OT should be brought to the NFL.

I'd rather see them play real football and if they don't settle it in 15 minutes have it go down as a tie.

I hate rinky-dink contrived scenarios (like they were proposing when they talked about eliminating kickoffs) and the college system is a prime example.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ties are so unsatisfying though.

It's like your in limbo.
Hmm I disagree. I think a tie shows reality. Given the facts and circumstances on that day the two teams played completely even within the confines of the time they were given. No reason to have their record artificially reflect anything other than that.

It’s why I hate shootouts in hockey. That’s not hockey and the outcome doesn’t reflect how the two teams played to a standstill that day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not quite the same, since both teams will get the ball in a game.

I am fine with the new rule (TD wins it or both teams get the ball).

After the first OT, I would be open to college style (35 yard line) or maybe even progressively longer FG's to win (think soccer).
Yuck

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell you what, when the Cardinals finish the season 4-11-1, you can remember it as 4-12 if it makes you feel better.

This isn't about the Cardinals or last week. For a crappy team a tie feels like a win.

It's about the NFL as a whole and it should just be sudden death period. Even the freaking NHL got rid of ties. Ties don't belong in sports (yes looking at you soccer)

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pain meds kicking in? :)

This was right after I took my 24 hour muscle relaxer and my 8 hour muscle relaxer. Roughly an hour afterwards I was having difficulty moving.

BTW...they gave me a freaking months supply of this. Like 30 24 hour pills and about 100 8 hour pills.

I was thinking a couple days to heal tops. I did sleep 7.5 hours though. I average just under 4 a night normally.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@overseascardfan

I was saying the opening kickoff is different than OT. No real advantage at the start of the game but huge in OT.
I mean that is why it's called sudden death. At that point, its who wants it more. I am sure teams don't want to play another 15 minutes and end up in a tie. The system wasn't broken when they had the rule change IMO.