Cardinals at Ravens gameday thread 9-15-19

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
At least we’re not complete trash like last season... moral victory are all we have these days.
At least we’re not complete trash like last season... moral victory are all we have these days.

We were not any trash today. Miami is trash, Wilks was trash. This was not a win (as a Cardinal fan I have enough failed morals haha), this was progress

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Close but you got to convert 3rd downs.So much for the Jackson can't pass BS .Ravens worked to Jacksons skills and when Cards do that with Murray things should be better .

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We were not any trash today. Miami is trash, Wilks was trash. This was not a win (as a Cardinal fan I have enough failed morals haha), this was progress

I agree. If anyone wants to see a dumpster fire, tune in on the Dolphins - THAT is a full-on disaster, as bad as the '18 Cards. This team has a long ways to go, but there is all kinds of hope on display.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Close but you got to convert 3rd downs.So much for the Jackson can't pass BS .Ravens worked to Jacksons skills and when Cards do that with Murray things should be better .
That a way bw. Sounds like you enjoyed the game... hopefully at least. :D

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Moral victories mean everything this season... as tough as that is to swallow. I hope DJ was watching closely to the fire Ingram had in closing out that game.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray 25/40 349 and they weren't stat-pad yards either. He should be leading the league in total passing yards right now.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
At least this is promising. Last year the season was over by this time of year.

Kyler is playing great for a rookie. 300 plus a game, just gotta clean up the RZ and fn have a run game.

Now who's the best lineman in college

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Murray will continue to improve.
And yet idiots will continue to bash him for their reasons & unjustifiably so.

I never have like Kliff as a HC (watching tons of Tech games) but do think he’s a good OC. I still say after year 2 Bidwill needs to $$$ play Lincoln Riley & see if he bites! There’s the answer

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Happened ALL DAY!

Exactly why they lost this game! Plus they can’t stop a TE who’s dead & buried

That TE is a young stud.

D played their arsess off but don't have anyone with the skills to cover a TE one on one. Andrew had over a hundred yards last week as well.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
1. i think we can all agree that QB play is not the reason the Cards lost this game

2. those last two offensive drive starts for the Cards were a problem

gave away first downs on each due to ..... something

3. give the Ravens credit -- the diff in this game was Lamar Jackson running

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kyler is playing great for a rookie. 300 plus a game, just gotta clean up the RZ and fn have a run game.

Yeah... Games are exciting again! That's what I care about.. one thing at a time. Getting the games exciting again means close games.. then come the wins later on. Imo

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
We are definitely better than last year but man, these last two games were honestly winnable for us if not for some mistakes and miscommunication on our part. Still not 100% sure on what Murray will become in this league but he continues to improve every game which is a great sign. We just need to do a better job of protecting him and also K2 needs to call better plays for him instead of these bonehead plays that only work in college.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There were A TON of wasted plays today. Just wasted 1st downs, penalties, bad snaps, miscommunication.

We put ourselves in a hole and made our run game obsolete. We kept it close, but should have been able to punch in at least 1 red zone opportunity. We do that and we might be talking about a win.

On a side note, Look at what Lamar Jackson did today in terms of dual threat/rushing. THAT is what we need Kyler to do at least a few times. With Jackson, you can't really rush the passer because he will run for 100+ yards.

We need Kyler to become a legit running threat. If he can do that, the passing game will open up a lot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some game stats. A solid game by Kyler Murray.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Andrew Thomas.

Hes a beast.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m sorry that’s the biggest joke of a post I’ve seen on here in a minute.

You think he’s playing like b*cth?

He’s been pretty damn good. Pretty much as advertised. It’s his second start.

Your a joke.
We had two possessions to take the lead and he played small and without command of the game. Has he had nice moments? Yes. Has he had any of those when we weren't trailing? I can't think of any.

Playing big when the game matters and the pressure is on is one thing. Playing big when you have nothing to lose is totally different. Squeak has yet to do the former. Just saying.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave