Thinking of taking my daughters to @Giants

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Please advise if you have been to this stadium!

We will be there on a trip for my daughters school and I've already gotten permission to go early a day and take my kids to the Cards game in NYC!

I'm so excited. As you can expect we're all pumped bout the whole trip!

We already have our hotel tickets and I just bought tickets to the game.

Need advice! Is this safe? What should we NOT do? I'm not the kind of fan that is obnoxous or looking for trouble especially with my

Should we take the subway to the stadium or a cab?

I have never been to NYC before. We're going there for my daughters Choir tournament so its not like I'm taking my kids across the country for just a Cards game.... Dont judge me internet! :(

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bert, the Met Life (Giants/Jets) stadium is in a totally safe area. And while I have no idea how you get an Uber (hotel should know) that is how my daughter/son-in-law travel in NYC. Because of traffic I would allow a couple of hours for a trip from mid-town that shouldn't take more than 45 minutes. I would call the hotel and make sure that there is nothing big going on in NYC on the day of the game, with street closings involved. NYC Marathon comes to mind. I forget the date of the game. Also, forget a lot of other things. :)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Please advise if you have been to this stadium!

We will be there on a trip for my daughters school and I've already gotten permission to go early a day and take my kids to the Cards game in NYC!

I'm so excited. As you can expect we're all pumped bout the whole trip!

We already have our hotel tickets and I just bought tickets to the game.

Need advice! Is this safe? What should we NOT do? I'm not the kind of fan that is obnoxous or looking for trouble especially with my

Should we take the subway to the stadium or a cab?

I have never been to NYC before. We're going there for my daughters Choir tournament so its not like I'm taking my kids across the country for just a Cards game.... Dont judge me internet! :(

I’ve been a couple times. Def want to take a cab or Uber to the stadium after the game the subway is no place for a little girl. The fans are okay since the cards are not a division rival. I’ve gone to some skins game with my dad while he’s been decked out in skins gear and it wasn’t pretty. If you are staying in the Times Square area the ride is only like 20 minutes no traffic. You should have a good time just prep your daughter for some heavy cursing in the stadium they don’t care if a little girl is in the seat next to them or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’m probably going to this game as well. Although Giants fans are pretty tame, there will be a few of us there for moral support!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's been a few decades since we had season tix to Giants games at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl or Meadowlands.

Dunno about the new stadium, but at least in the past, I found Giant fans to be generally hospitable toward fans of opposing teams (My guess is that it's in part, due to the cosmoplitan and diverse nature of the NYC market).

Away from the stadium, I'd suggest doing all the common sense things you'd do in any other big city market (i.e. don't accept rides from strangers. If you need to ask a question, seek out families with children. That sort of stuff).

And, most of all - have a terrific time. Welcome to my city.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I haven't been to a game there (almost went a few years back), but I do have to say how amazed I was at how safe I generally felt in New York. I took a pretty long walk when I got separated from some friends, and not once did I run into any uncomfortable scenarios, which is something I can't say for San Francisco, Austin, plenty of other places. They've done a good job of cleaning it up.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You & daughter will have a great time in New York. Let us know how it goes!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA