Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Awesome :thumbup:
I have a great story. It's the 1994 season, Buddy Ryan's 1st season as HC. We're 1-4 at the time and playing the heavily favored Redskins in Washington. I lived in MD then & my parents traveled from Syracuse, NY to see their very 1st NFL game live. My wife was with us also. My parents both had baseball Cardinal hats on because you couldn't find a football Cardinal hat anywhere in Syracuse. My Mom is trash talking with Skins fans before the game as they ridiculed her for predicting a Cardinal win. At that point in my life, the Cardinals were 1-15 in the roadies I'd seen them live. So understandably, I'm trying to keep my Mom realistic about our chances. She'd have none of that. They kept asking her to give them just 1 good reason why a crappy Cardinal team would beat a Skins team that was always in the SB hunt. My Mom's response was: "Because I am here". Understand that my Mom was the most upbeat, positive person that God EVER created. She beat stage 4 lung cancer, and her oncologist claimed she was his only patient to ever have accomplished that.

Needless to say, the Cardinals beat the Skins 19-16 in OT. Every Skins fan in our section that had argued with her shook her hand afterwards saying "You obviously knew something that we didn't". I wish my Mom was still alive, as we could use her this weekend in Baltimore. But if we somehow, someway, pulled off the impossible, I'll know her spirit was in that stadium.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
And I thought my record was bad!

A sterling 22-48 mark, with one home game (L), one neutral site game (SB43), and the rest all road games. Nine of those 22 wins were in St. Louis against the Rams. Seen them lose in each round of the playoffs (and have seen zero post-season victories live).

The Ravens will mark my 31st franchise, leaving only Seattle to complete the league. I don't fly, and so all travel was done by car. Sadly, I've seen the Cardinals lose at least once at 26 of these 30 franchises, only remaining perfect (with me in attendance) at Chicago, Oakland, San Francisco, and New England.
My son and ran into you outside the stadium in new England. Awesome game.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh no don’t blame this on me, I’m thinking you’re the jinx! :moon: Everytime I take a road game & you’re not there we win.

Losses-Minny Philly Miami Nawlins
My others since the SB year have been wins except for 1. We did win here in Dallas a few years ago so that’s 1 W. I guess I’ll get a win in Tampa since your not going lol :lol:

Safe travels my friend & don’t eat too many crab legs
You can get crab legs anywhere. It’s eating the rest of the crab that makes Maryland different. That, and until a handful of years ago, they didn’t sell old bay anywhere else.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My guys and I have a reservation at Bo Brooks after the game. Going to tear up at least two bushels before we head north.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Oh no don’t blame this on me, I’m thinking you’re the jinx! :moon: Everytime I take a road game & you’re not there we win.

Losses-Minny Philly Miami Nawlins
My others since the SB year have been wins except for 1. We did win here in Dallas a few years ago so that’s 1 W. I guess I’ll get a win in Tampa since your not going lol :lol:

Safe travels my friend & don’t eat too many crab legs
You forgot one.... Tampa the Superbowl, we lost that one too. I'm seeing a trend

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Mmmmm..... Getting up at 7am just so you can tailgate before a Cards Game. Priceless!

P. S. I chose my Anquan away jersey for this one.

Let's do this!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot G
Section 2

Lets go baby!!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Nice spot!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Conservative ass rookie coach

Edit: Got really frustrated with all the FGs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Great meeting you Mike! Be safe getting back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had a great time tailgating with all the Cardinal fans today! Thank God there was a doctor in the house or my group would never made it into Lot G. Thanks again Bryan. Even though it was a tough loss, I though there was a good number of Cardinal fans in the stands.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave