Nation Lampoon's Vacation (reboot/sequel)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the trailers on TV, hoping it might win me over enough to get me to see it. It couldn't have failed more. It looks like really weak sauce, a desperate attempt to catch the magic of the original.

I have no problem with you having a problem on this remakuel.

biggest thing that bothers me here... making Rusty a dork. Rusty was always the smart-ass, ten steps ahead of his dad at all times. Making him Clark 2 is stupid.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care what it looks like. Of course any sci-fi action movie made now will "look" better than one made 30 years ago.

But, there was this underground cult thing about Mad Max. It was on the Midnight Movie circuit back in the day with Rocky Horror, The Wall, Heavy Metal, The Song Remains the Same.....

I saw all of those movies multiple times, thoroughly baked, and spit on any attempt to remake any of them.

hope you changed your mind on this, the new mad max was incredible.

I watched the trailers on TV, hoping it might win me over enough to get me to see it. It couldn't have failed more. It looks like really weak sauce, a desperate attempt to catch the magic of the original.

I think the previews are hilarious, I just think all the good jokes have already been shown to us.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife really wanted to see this so I took her. I have to say this movie was surprisingly funny. There were some really hilarious moments. Based on the reviews I wasn't expecting anything but I was surprised.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vacation

Release Date: July 29, 2015
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros.)
Directors: John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein
MPAA Rating: R (for crude and sexual content and language throughout, and brief graphic nudity)
Screenwriters: John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein
Genre: Comedy
Website: Vacationthemovie.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Ed Helms, Christina Applegate, Leslie Mann, Beverly D'Angelo, Skyler Gisondo, Steele Stebbins, Chris Hemsworth, Chevy Chase

Plot Summary: The next generation of Griswolds is at it again—and on the road for another ill-fated adventure. Following in his father’s footsteps and hoping for some much-needed family bonding, a grown-up Rusty Griswold (Ed Helms) surprises his wife, Debbie (Christina Applegate), and their two sons with a cross-country trip back to America’s “favorite family fun park,” Walley World.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife really wanted to see this so I took her. I have to say this movie was surprisingly funny. There were some really hilarious moments. Based on the reviews I wasn't expecting anything but I was surprised.

Good to hear

Did you bring an uzi just in case?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I don't need this to be the funniest movie ever. I just need it to be funny. Honestly, after the 2nd vacation I almost gave up on the franchise. Later they came out with Christmas Vacation and Vegas Vacation. I just hope it's pretty good.

The most shocking thing I learned researching this movie after watching it was that there was another Vacation movie made after the awful Vegas Vacation; it was called Hotel Hell Vacation and released in 2010. It even starred Chase and D'Angelo.

It's so sad what happened to this franchise. Vacation was my favorite comedy as a kid and the first film I saw at home on VHS. This was way back in the day when it was a huge deal to rent a VCR! I even thought European vacation was great (way back then anyway).

For this reboot, if you watched the trailer you saw the funniest scenes. The rest was okay, but seemed like lazy writing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most shocking thing I learned researching this movie after watching it was that there was another Vacation movie made after the awful Vegas Vacation; it was called Hotel Hell Vacation and released in 2010. It even starred Chase and D'Angelo.

wha?! how do I not know about this?!

edit: it's just a short film. not an actual feature.

edit again: holy hell... I couldn't make it through 4 minutes of that piece of crap!

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

edit again: holy hell... I couldn't make it through 4 minutes of that piece of crap!
Lol. Borg. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t known about it so I just convinced myself I had seen it and it must’ve been awful for me to have forgotten about it.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Ahhh...I didn't catch that. Luckily it's not available on netflix so I don't have to watch it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christmas Vacation is a family tradition for us, along with several other movies. It is one of our favorites.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA