Would you trade a 2nd for Minkah then trade PP21 for a 2nd another pick?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Miami nor Howard’s agent hasn’t said anything about a trade. That’s why I’m not really entertaining that idea right now.

I’m not helping NE at all, lol.
I think anyone on MIA's roster can be had. Howard may not request a trade but MIA is stockpiling picks for next year. They have already dealt Alonso and are looking to trade Fitzpatrick, Howard could bring more than Fitzpatrick in a trade.

Again, this is only if we deal Peterson. Any playoff team, wouldn't have to be just NE, could have interest in Peterson. I just wouldn't take anything less than 1 first round pick and we need to bring in a #1 CB to replace him in a trade because we can't end year with Murphy, Brock & Jones as our CB's (no telling when Alford will be back and if he will be the CB we need him to be. Okudah of OSU looks like he may go Top 10 but he's no Lattimore or Ward at this point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pederson is a lock for 5 years of lock down corner play for any team. It would take a lot more than a first round pick for me to deal him, let alone a second.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
pederson is a lock for 5 years of lock down corner play for any team. It would take a lot more than a first round pick for me to deal him, let alone a second.

Peterson is a FA in 2021 unless you meant “lock down” as in performance. And we can’t really know for sure how long he’ll be “elite”.

I don’t see us getting a 1st since the trade deadline is 2-3 weeks after he’s back from from suspension. I don’t think a trade works out for us unless a desperate club is there.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you trade a player on active suspension, or is that prohibited?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson is a FA in 2021 unless you meant “lock down” as in performance. And we can’t really know for sure how long he’ll be “elite”.

I don’t see us getting a 1st since the trade deadline is 2-3 weeks after he’s back from from suspension. I don’t think a trade works out for us unless a desperate club is there.
Yes, I mean as in performance. If we trade him somewhere, he likely gets a 5 year deal and kills it the entire 5 years. He is worth more than a first rounder. I am talking in generalities, not just of trading him this year.

Honestly, I want NOTHING to do with trading him, just saying I would not do it for less than a 1st+. Dude is worth more than a 1st round pick. No doubt about it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murphy pans out, we could lock up pederson at the end of this year and have him and murphy for 3 years before we have to pay murphy.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I mean as in performance. If we trade him somewhere, he likely gets a 5 year deal and kills it the entire 5 years. He is worth more than a first rounder. I am talking in generalities, not just of trading him this year.

Honestly, I want NOTHING to do with trading him, just saying I would not do it for less than a 1st+. Dude is worth more than a 1st round pick. No doubt about it.
So you think he’s going to be elite status in his mid 30s?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
So you think he’s going to be elite status in his mid 30s?
I have no worries in the next couple years. Then maybe another couple years where he's declining but still a very good CB. Then move him to FS like Charles Woodson or Ronde Barber to get another couple years out of him. With his ball skills, natural athleticism and knowledge of the game by then, he would be a great FS. Hence some scouts predicted him to be an All Pro FS because he had the size and questioned his fluidness for CB.

I want PP to retire a Cardinal. Keep our best players as leaders and build around them. He made a mistake, but who is mistake-free? He has been great for us on the field thus far and basically changes how we can play defense!

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The guy I would love to explore trading for is OJ Howard. Arians is not using him at all and he would be a weapon in Kingsbury's scheme.

Yes.. You've been on OJ for a minute. He's not running many passing routes in Arians offense and is only being used for blocking. Despite Arians coaching genius, I question a lot of his thought behind things.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Because I’m thinking Peterson will not resign here after the 2020 season which is why I want the best value for him. I think a 2nd & 4th(mayyyyybe a 3rd) will get it done. Expecting a 1st round pick for a 30 year old CB heading into the 2020 season is lowkey a pipe dream, imo. If Chris Jones balls out, it makes our plans that much better.

Funny. I was saying the same thing to my friends during the game last night. Not sure what I would give, but yea.
We can franchise Peterson for the 2021 season if needed. If Murray works out, he will want to stay.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade Budda baker to get a pick in return in the case we trade for Fitzpatrick
Our safety duo is not very good covering, I can see Thompson getting more snaps week by week
At corner with Peterson Murphy Chris Jones and Brock we are enough solid
We need better safety plays or tigh ends will kill us

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson is an elite player with diva attitude but at moment we don't have much talent in our roster and let him go should be a mistake

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We can franchise Peterson for the 2021 season if needed. If Murray works out, he will want to stay.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Use the Franchise Tag on a, what, 32 year old CB? I don't think that would an appropriate use of cap space Chopper.

Also, at that age, he won't get offered a really big money contact like he would have when he was 26, although some stupid team will probably offer more than he's worth at that point.

Look, if things are going really well for the Cardinals in 2021, we can probably get him to sign him to a reasonable contract, towards the end of which, he could maybe move to safety like Rolle did.

If we split with him after this deal runs out, well that's too bad, but you can't overpay for aging veterans, and this situation underscores the importance of drafting well.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pro Football and Fantasy Football are not identical.

It's far easier for armchair GMs to click the right mouse button and make a player go away or trade for a new one than it is to move actual players or get other owners or GMs to agree to a deal.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Pro Football and Fantasy Football are not identical.

It's far easier for armchair GMs to click the right mouse button and make a player go away or trade for a new one than it is to move actual players or get other owners or GMs to agree to a deal.

Just to be clear I want to trade PP AFTER this year. Have Murphy and Fitzpatrick with jones at CB with bubba DJ and Thompson taking care of the S position. Imagine that Defensive backfield with hopefully 2 firsts(one for trading PP) one for the OL and one for either the LB or DL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just to be clear I want to trade PP AFTER this year. Have Murphy and Fitzpatrick with jones at CB with bubba DJ and Thompson taking care of the S position. Imagine that Defensive backfield with hopefully 2 firsts(one for trading PP) one for the OL and one for either the LB or DL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luck plays a big part in any deal. When you trade away a known factor for the "potential" of one or more picks, the risk may not be worth it.

i.e. The damage of an unsuccessful pick might hurt the team more than the benefit of a good pick. Are we willing to put our fate in the hands of "Lady Luck?"

What it all boils down to is a straight up trade of Fitzpatrick for PP21 while hoping C Jones, Bubba, the Thompsons etc. continue to improve. We know what we're getting with Patrick. We think we know what we're getting with Minkah. Is it worth the roll of the dice?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not in the game of trading away proven star players on a team that has so few. Everyone seems obsessed with draft picks, but why? Excluding this year, the past 17 draft picks have yielded 3 starters. Plus we just drafted Murphy to play the slot, making Fitzpatrick just another player to come in and steal reps from young draftees.

This is getting way too cute when the team just needs to draft right and develop their own freaking players.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not in the game of trading away proven star players on a team that has so few. Everyone seems obsessed with draft picks, but why? Excluding this year, the past 17 draft picks have yielded 3 starters. Plus we just drafted Murphy to play the slot, making Fitzpatrick just another player to come in and steal reps from young draftees.

This is getting way too cute when the team just needs to draft right and develop their own freaking players.
According to who?

I feel like fans just say this cause he’s not no damn 6’4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave