Would you trade a 2nd for Minkah then trade PP21 for a 2nd another pick?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OT?

EDIT:
NOTE: Trading PP21 to another team for their 2nd & say...4th? Say like the Chiefs?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don’t think we could get a 1st rounder for Peterson?

Would rather have Howard over Fitzpatrick, we would need a CB not FS.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don’t think we could get a 1st rounder for Peterson?

Would rather have Howard over Fitzpatrick, we would need a CB not FS.
I’m not sure. Soon to be 30 & having a suspension in your history doesn’t help.

Fitzpatrick would be playing mostly slot CB, which is hella valuable in today’s league. Especially against teams like the Rams, Saints, Pats, etc. I think him & Byron could even switch the slot & outside role depending on the matchup.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick is a match up guy. Would be great to have against all the good TEs the Cardinals will face.

He can be the player people thought Baker could be.
I wouldn’t even put him on TEs. He thrives against slot WRs.

Flores & his idiot staff had him learning 6 different positions hence his struggles & frustration against Baltimore last week.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure. Soon to be 30 & having a suspension in your history doesn’t help.

Fitzpatrick would be playing mostly slot CB, which is hella valuable in today’s league. Especially against teams like the Rams, Saints, Pats, etc. I think him & Byron could even switch the slot & outside role depending on the matchup.
I would trade for Howard and move Brock to slot (he mentioned he preferred to play in slot than outside). Howard and Murphy would be a nice CB tandem for years. I’d look for a late first and maybe a 4th for Peterson, I think NE could be a possible trade partner. He has the suspension but it’s his first one and he is still under contract beyond this year. If Josh Gordon can get whatever chance he is on then Peterson shouldn’t have a problem.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade for Howard and move Brock to slot (he mentioned he preferred to play in slot than outside). Howard and Murphy would be a nice CB tandem for years. I’d look for a late first and maybe a 4th for Peterson, I think NE could be a possible trade partner. He has the suspension but it’s his first one and he is still under contract beyond this year. If Josh Gordon can get whatever chance he is on then Peterson shouldn’t have a problem.
Miami nor Howard’s agent hasn’t said anything about a trade. That’s why I’m not really entertaining that idea right now.

I’m not helping NE at all, lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even put him on TEs. He thrives against slot WRs.

Flores & his idiot staff had him learning 6 different positions hence his struggles & frustration against Baltimore last week.
We need someone to cover TE's though, we've been burned for yrs with that position. LB'er fast as hell maybe?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would not be opposed to trading for Fitzpatrick, but I don't know that I would use that as reasoning for trading Peterson.

If you told me that I could have Peterson, Murphy (on a rookie deal), and Fitzpatrick (on a rookie deal) as my CBs for the 2020 season, and using that depth to negotiate an extension for Peterson...I would do that. 3 CBs are almost a base defense at this point in time and IMO, Peterson will have a Charles Woodson late career with a move to S.

I think with the Dolphins tanking, you could make an argument for Alford and a 3rd for Fitzpatrick. Just that way they have a no-bonus CB to fill out their roster who they can cut at any time with no penalty.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No to trading PP21 for anything less than a 1st and another pick
Agree.

And sentimentality tugs me iin a different direction.

Minkah went to a nearby NJ high school that doesn't send a gazillion number of players to the pros.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy I would love to explore trading for is OJ Howard. Arians is not using him at all and he would be a weapon in Kingsbury's scheme.
I would not be opposed to trading for Fitzpatrick, but I don't know that I would use that as reasoning for trading Peterson.

If you told me that I could have Peterson, Murphy (on a rookie deal), and Fitzpatrick (on a rookie deal) as my CBs for the 2020 season, and using that depth to negotiate an extension for Peterson...I would do that. 3 CBs are almost a base defense at this point in time and IMO, Peterson will have a Charles Woodson late career with a move to S.

I think with the Dolphins tanking, you could make an argument for Alford and a 3rd for Fitzpatrick. Just that way they have a no-bonus CB to fill out their roster who they can cut at any time with no penalty.
Because I’m thinking Peterson will not resign here after the 2020 season which is why I want the best value for him. I think a 2nd & 4th(mayyyyybe a 3rd) will get it done. Expecting a 1st round pick for a 30 year old CB heading into the 2020 season is lowkey a pipe dream, imo. If Chris Jones balls out, it makes our plans that much better.

The guy I would love to explore trading for is OJ Howard. Arians is not using him at all and he would be a weapon in Kingsbury's scheme.
Funny. I was saying the same thing to my friends during the game last night. Not sure what I would give, but yea.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He had like 4 penalties by himself last night.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Patriots always trade draft picks for proven commodities. For one, you know what you’re getting as opposed to throwing a dart for a prospect. But id still keep Peterson.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
per the Miami Herald -- Fitzpatrick wants to play in one position -- corner, and preferably slot corner

part of the dissatisfaction is that he is being used all over the place.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
per the Miami Herald -- Fitzpatrick wants to play in one position -- corner, and preferably slot corner

Agreed. He wants to play the boundary corner which he played at bama. I’m 100 percent on board trading for him and getting rid of PP after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Do the Cards even have a chance to get a trade in for him?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

Agreed. He wants to play the boundary corner which he played at bama. I’m 100 percent on board trading for him and getting rid of PP after this year.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He played mostly slot, boundary, & FS at Bama, but he really thrived at slot the most.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Do the Cards even have a chance to get a trade in for him?
Different conference everyone thinks we will have a high draft pick so a 2nd in the mid 30’s should be enticing

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
He played mostly slot, boundary, & FS at Bama, but he really thrived at slot the most.
I think he’s willing to play both boundary and slot but if we tell him it’s him and Murphy on the outside with him moving to the slot based on matchup I think he’d be fine with that. He just wants to know he won’t be used as a LB anymore and playing in the box.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I don't think you can trade Alford, while on IR, though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave