Mutiny in Miami

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how long they give Flores. The Cards got ripped for firing Wilks after 1 year and accused of racism. clearly the Dolphins appear to be tanking so firing the coach would seem unfair, but if this continues they won't have any player support for Flores.

They will be painted into a corner if they fire him they'll face the same accusations we did, if they don't fire him and the players actually are in mutiny(by end of season I mean not now) they are screwed.

You cant let erroneous cries of racism impact your business management. If the dude lost all the players, you fire him. Race is irrelevant.

I dont think anyone gave a single damn about accusations of racism against this organization. Maybe people who have no idea about anything and just follow idiotic talking heads that also know nothing about the franchise history.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant let erroneous cries of racism impact your business management. If the dude lost all the players, you fire him. Race is irrelevant.

I dont think anyone gave a single damn about accusations of racism against this organization. Maybe people who have no idea about anything and just follow idiotic talking heads that also know nothing about the franchise history.

Oh I agree but their owner has his own issues. now if they hire Chip Kelly then yeah it's going to be a front and center issue since he was accused of it in both Philly and SF.

I had no problem firing Wilks I think it will be tougher to fire Flores because there is so clearly a talent deficit in Miami. He may or may not be a good coach we don't know yet but they have very little talent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think in this case you actually can fire all the players, though.

Interestingly one of the biggest complaints seems to be that despite having weeks to prepare a gameplan for the Ravens. when the gameplan failed miserably, 9 in the box no safety help, the players were not impressed with how Flores reacted to it. I was doing some googling and apparently that seems to be the biggest complaint that apparently people had been telling Flores for awhile his defensive game plan was a disaster and that you just can't put your CB's in that much peril against NFL Wr's. He didn't listen, they got torched and apparently his response was to tell his CB's to play better.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I agree but their owner has his own issues. now if they hire Chip Kelly then yeah it's going to be a front and center issue since he was accused of it in both Philly and SF.

I had no problem firing Wilks I think it will be tougher to fire Flores because there is so clearly a talent deficit in Miami. He may or may not be a good coach we don't know yet but they have very little talent.

If I thought kelly was a competent football coach who could lead my team to the promised land, I would hire him too. Again, you cannot let erroneous racism cries dictate how you do your business. Chip has been accused of racism by a player to my knowledge, it would take a lot more than a disgruntled player making an accusation for me to actually believe the guy is racist.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I thought kelly was a competent football coach who could lead my team to the promised land, I would hire him too. Again, you cannot let erroneous racism cries dictate how you do your business. Chip has been accused of racism by a player to my knowledge, it would take a lot more than a disgruntled player making an accusation for me to actually believe the guy is racist.

Shady McCoy publicly stated "he got rid of all the good black players" and then backtracked after and made some confusing statement about I never called him a racist, and I meant what I said about him getting rid of black players. In SF there were rumors almost right away of the same thing. When UCLA hired him one of the first things they faced was backlash because of racism claims from Philly and SF. I am not aware of any such issues so far at UCLA. Again I'm not saying he IS a racist I'm saying if you hire someone like that with that claim in his recent past you're going to have to deal with it. So if you fire a black coach and then replace him with a white coach who's been accused of racism by black players, you are going to have to answer that question.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shady McCoy publicly stated "he got rid of all the good black players" and then backtracked after and made some confusing statement about I never called him a racist, and I meant what I said about him getting rid of black players. In SF there were rumors almost right away of the same thing. When UCLA hired him one of the first things they faced was backlash because of racism claims from Philly and SF. I am not aware of any such issues so far at UCLA. Again I'm not saying he IS a racist I'm saying if you hire someone like that with that claim in his recent past you're going to have to deal with it. So if you fire a black coach and then replace him with a white coach who's been accused of racism by black players, you are going to have to answer that question.
UCLA is a hyper liberal school that allowed "cupcakke" to play a festival because of social justice warriors claiming she was being supressed sexually by old white people for not being allowed to play the festival. In reality, she writes lyrics like the spoiler below but the university caved and let her play anyway. UCLA is the last place I would use as an example of using common sense. They are the ultimate "microaggression" school.

Obviously, their management lets nonsense getting in the way of doing business. I would answer that question with "anyone who sees racism in this situation is delirious and we hired who we think has the best chance to win football games and get along with his players". done and done. Did the cardinals ever answer the racism accusations? I'm pretty sure they just laughed it off as they should.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"There have been some complaints from parents and students regarding Bruin Bash. I would just like everyone to know that this line-up was 100% intentional. To the parents who have voiced "concern" over Cupcakke and her lyricism, and to students who feel excluded, I ask you to consider 1) the hypersexuality placed on Black women, which explains why some see Cupcakke's music as over-sexual but not that of white women -- ex : Katy Perry & Britney Spears 2) music that is just as, if not more vulgar, that makes it onto mainstream music -- ex: The Wanted - Glad You Came, Bruno Mars - Locked Out of Heaven -- but is seen as ok because it is from men. 3) the lens at which some people look at hip hop as inherently violent or offensive because it started with Black communities 4) the continuation of thinking of sex and conversation around sex as taboo or inappropriate which only puts students more at risk of unsafe sex and relationships. 5) This is the first time in UCLA Bruin Bash history, that a lineup is predominantly femme, so maybe not serving cis straight men as the focus audience for ONCE isn't such a sacrifice. TBH I think it should be a new tradition. I keep going to Bruin Bash meetings where adults in admin tell me not to say that I never had white cis men in mind when planning -- to phrase it in a way that doesn't sound as "divisive". But I don't think thats Cultural Affairs Commission. CAC is never supposed to be about filtering ourselves or catering to institutions. We are not supposed to apologize for giving attention and resources to communities that have long been neglected. This Bruin Bash was too much work from CAC and CEC to have the intention lost so I thought it was important to provide this transparency."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UCLA is a hyper liberal school that allowed "cupcakke" to play a festival because of social justice warriors claiming she was being supressed sexually by old white people for not being allowed to play the festival. In reality, she writes lyrics like the spoiler below but the university caved and let her play anyway. UCLA is the last place I would use as an example of using common sense. They are the ultimate "microaggression" school.

Obviously, their management lets nonsense getting in the way of doing business. I would answer that question with "anyone who sees racism in this situation is delirious and we hired who we think has the best chance to win football games and get along with his players". done and done. Did the cardinals ever answer the racism accusations? I'm pretty sure they just laughed it off as they should.

You must be registered for see images attach

it's because of the Rooney rule. The NFL has mandated trying to get more minorities into coaching so when it happens and then they get fired quickly, you get this talk.

Again I think Wilks did a horrible job and deserved to be fired, but I wasn't at all surprised those comments came out.

Not familiar with the cupcake story will read it when I get home from work.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's because of the Rooney rule. The NFL has mandated trying to get more minorities into coaching so when it happens and then they get fired quickly, you get this talk.

Again I think Wilks did a horrible job and deserved to be fired, but I wasn't at all surprised those comments came out.

Not familiar with the cupcake story will read it when I get home from work.

I dont think it has anything to do with the rooney rule. It is more so people who like to scream racism any chance they get. The fact that people were accusing the cardinals of being racist proves that. They have a LONG history or being minority friendly and promoting minority executives and etc ahead of the curve and well ahead of most NFL teams. The people who stepped out and accused racism are just flinging garbage at the wall to see what sticks.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Trade a 2nd and 5th for him now. Minkah is legit and would certainly start ahead of Brock. Once PP comes back you slide him into the slot. After this year you trade PP and move forward with minkah and Murphy and now you have two great young guys for the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trade a 2nd and 5th for him now. Minkah is legit and would certainly start ahead of Brock. Once PP comes back you slide him into the slot. After this year you trade PP and move forward with minkah and Murphy and now you have two great young guys for the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hes a safety

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
No cap space
Minkah is on his rookie contract. Granted it's a 1st round contract, but it costs about 3 or 4 millions per season. As a rookie he allowed just 1 TD all season long despite being a full-time starter. Played mostly in the slot. Apart from being disappointed with hits team being in full tank mode, Minkah is unhappy about the coaches having no clear plan for him. They used him at LB, S, slot and outside CB in preseason. Versatility is good and all that, but only to some degree. Minkah didn't get a clear answer when asking if he should bulk up to play LB or lose some weight to play CB. They attacked the Ravens with 9 in the box and didn't change their gameplan when it was obvious that Lamar Jackson will totally shred them through the air.

I'd give a 2nd round pick for Minkah in a heartbeat! He is a great prospect and would set up our secondary for many years. Imagine PP and Murphy with Minkah in the slot, along with Budda and Swearinger! :band:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Minkah Fitz is exactly the kind of guy that Miami should be rebuilding around. Why would they dump him, in particular?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This team should be punished by the league for how blatantly obvious they’re making it that they’re tanking.This is a disgrace to competitive sports and a slap in the face to fans and season ticket holders. If the Bidwills did anything close to what Miami is doing, I wouldn’t watch a single game all season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if the Cards were in a different place, maybe..

something like this needed to happen three years ago when they broke camp with Brandon Williams opposite P2 and they were all in for a SB

now, P2 will be back in 5 weeks, Byron Murphy looks like a good player, and Chris Jones looks like a nice 3rd option

I suppose the Cards would trade for Fitzpatrick, and then deal Peterson to a contender and have two good young corners

but given the Tunsil deal, i bet the asking price is multiple high picks -- good young player, rookie contract, etc

not sure you get multiple high picks back for P2 -- excellent but older player, suspension in his history (meaning if there is a next one, its lonnnnnng) and a large contract

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must suck to be tua other than money that you will soon be on the pitiful dolphins.... gl tua

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d give up our 2nd for Minkah, but we gotta trade PP21.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team should be punished by the league for how blatantly obvious they’re making it that they’re tanking.This is a disgrace to competitive sports and a slap in the face to fans and season ticket holders. If the Bidwills did anything close to what Miami is doing, I wouldn’t watch a single game all season.
I guess you missed the McGuiness the years.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
No cap space
Minkah is on his rookie contract. Granted it's a 1st round contract, but it costs about 3 or 4 millions per season. I think we could manage that if we get a little creative.

As a rookie he allowed just 1 TD all season long despite being a full-time starter. Played mostly in the slot. Apart from being disappointed with hits team being in full tank mode, Minkah is unhappy about the coaches having no clear plan for him. They used him at LB, S, slot and outside CB in preseason. Versatility is good and all that, but only to some degree. Minkah didn't get a clear answer when asking if he should bulk up to play LB or lose some weight to play CB. They attacked the Ravens with 9 in the box and didn't change their gameplan when it was obvious that Lamar Jackson will totally shred them through the air.

I'd give a 2nd round pick for Minkah in a heartbeat! He is a great prospect and would set up our secondary for many years. Imagine PP and Murphy with Minkah in the slot, along with Budda and Swearinger! :band:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose