OT: How 'bout them Browns

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Watch the highlights of the game. One play that has Wilks written all over it in particular. The long TD scored on the Henry screen pass. Notice the horrible pursuit angles the Browns defense took on that play, several of them were out of position also.
Easiest Fantasy Football start ever.

Any running back against a Steve Wilks defense.

Which running back you ask? To quote Wilks, "boaff"

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The real issue was the penalties. I watched nearly the whole game, they had 18 penalties for way over 100 yards, in fact they had over 100 yards in penalties in the first half. Two TD drives by the Titans were extended by penalties, one I think had 4 penalties on teh one drive. They were down 3 points when Henry busted off that 75 yard catch and run TD. It seemed like Cleveland imploded then. Classic case of frustrated young QB deciding to win the game on his own and 3 picks later it was over.

The defense was bad, but the offense and the penalties were a major reason why.

They had 7 OL's when the game started, one got kicked out for kicking a defender in the head, his replacement got hurt. So by the 4th quarter they were actually deciding which TE was going to play OL if they had another injury.

I still like Baker but he does have to learn you can't win games on your own in the NFL.

Exactly! I follow the Browns pretty closely. Even before the injuries & ejection, the Browns OL is awful. We complain about ours, but theirs is poor. If Kitchens is running BA's offense, then Mayfield will get hit hard & often until they shore it up. And that won't be until next year.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amazing how it shows when you don't practice

OBJ was barely in Cleveland all offseason

and sorry, but Freddy Kitchens is nothing to write home about as a head coach. There are a lot more guys I would have taken as a HC over him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
they believed their own hype... reality then proceeded to kick them in the nutz.
they will likely turn it around so long as kitchens can keep the egos in check for a couple weeks.

curiously enough,.... oline is their biggest issue...seems kitchens learned something from BA

much like we have been for years they will struggle due to their lack of oline talent.

knock on wood but it looks like we have a real line coach now so maybe the line wont kill our season like it is going to do for the Browns.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/girlfriend...-after-birth-of-their-daughter-192626199.html

Heartbreaking news out of the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday.

Petara Cordero, the girlfriend of veteran defensive end Chris Smith, was struck and killed on I-90 in Cleveland as the couple stood on the side of the highway after a tire blew out on their car.

Smith and Cordero had just welcomed daughter Haven Harris Smith four weeks ago.

Sometimes the game seems bigger than life. Hug your loved ones, people....... :(

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/girlfriend...-after-birth-of-their-daughter-192626199.html

Sometimes the game seems bigger than life. Hug your loved ones, people....... :(

I just found out yesterday that a 25 year old kid in the Bay area had that happen. he pulled off on Highway 85 to the scene of an accident to see if he could help and apparently a 2nd car came in and collided with the accident. They don't know if he jumped to avoid getting hit or got hit but he apparently fell off the overpass and died.

A friend of mines' son dated this kids sister for several years. Yesterday would have been his 26th birthday.

A reminder at the scene of an accident on a freeway do everything you can to stay protected even if it means staying in the car.

Back in May we spent over an hour stranded on an overpass on I5 in Stockton on our way to Sacramento. Car died was on the shoulder where 3 lanes merge on, cars flying by us. Couldn't get out on drivers side and passenger side was a railing to a big drop into the water. We were waiting on a tow truck and called 911 repeatedly, they kept telling us it wasn't an emergency. Finally we lost all power so our emergency lights were off and they sent a CHP to push us off the freeway. He admitted we were in "a very dangerous position" and apologized for the delay. When the tow truck got there he told us he'd seen us on the side but was going to another tow in the other direction and when he called to report it was told go get your tow we'll send someone else to get them off the road. We stayed in teh car the whole time precisely because we were afraid if we tried to get out someone might hit us.

I now have a set of battery powered LED flashing lights in both cars that are magnetic so you can stick them to the roof of the car without getting out.

Reactions: HGC

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I just found out yesterday that a 25 year old kid in the Bay area had that happen. he pulled off on Highway 85 to the scene of an accident to see if he could help and apparently a 2nd car came in and collided with the accident. They don't know if he jumped to avoid getting hit or got hit but he apparently fell off the overpass and died.

A friend of mines' son dated this kids sister for several years. Yesterday would have been his 26th birthday.

A reminder at the scene of an accident on a freeway do everything you can to stay protected even if it means staying in the car.

Back in May we spent over an hour stranded on an overpass on I5 in Stockton on our way to Sacramento. Car died was on the shoulder where 3 lanes merge on, cars flying by us. Couldn't get out on drivers side and passenger side was a railing to a big drop into the water. We were waiting on a tow truck and called 911 repeatedly, they kept telling us it wasn't an emergency. Finally we lost all power so our emergency lights were off and they sent a CHP to push us off the freeway. He admitted we were in "a very dangerous position" and apologized for the delay. When the tow truck got there he told us he'd seen us on the side but was going to another tow in the other direction and when he called to report it was told go get your tow we'll send someone else to get them off the road. We stayed in teh car the whole time precisely because we were afraid if we tried to get out someone might hit us.

I now have a set of battery powered LED flashing lights in both cars that are magnetic so you can stick them to the roof of the car without getting out.
You live by stockton?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You live by stockton?

I live in Sunnyvale. We were driving to Sacramento and my Tahoe lost all power and died in teh fast lane on I 5. We pulled off on the shoulder just before the off ramp to where you see the first sign for UOP. Forget the name of the street. We were stuck there over an hour until a CHP pushed us off to the off ramp. We rolled down stopped by a house and waited anotehr 40 minutes for the tow truck. Took that long because we wanted to be towed back to Sunnyvale and they didn't tell me that means we had to wait for the truck driven by the guy who lives in San Jose. He's the one that passed us up and called his company to say you really need to help those people they're in a very bad spot.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I live in Sunnyvale. We were driving to Sacramento and my Tahoe lost all power and died in teh fast lane on I 5. We pulled off on the shoulder just before the off ramp to where you see the first sign for UOP. Forget the name of the street. We were stuck there over an hour until a CHP pushed us off to the off ramp. We rolled down stopped by a house and waited anotehr 40 minutes for the tow truck. Took that long because we wanted to be towed back to Sunnyvale and they didn't tell me that means we had to wait for the truck driven by the guy who lives in San Jose. He's the one that passed us up and called his company to say you really need to help those people they're in a very bad spot.
Gotcha....if it were closer we could have caught a game or two

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Wilks gets fired again after 1 year at a lower level position, do you think the media will apologize to the Cardinals?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson